The Football thread featuring COVID-19: Barcelolna

Comments

• ORANGEeffect05
    26157 posts Player of the Year
    How long should I wait before I unleash the #BowlCutChallenge on the world and get a fresh trim from my lady :smirk:
  • hoban95
    56145 posts National Treasure
    How long should I wait before I unleash the #BowlCutChallenge on the world and get a fresh trim from my lady :smirk:

• Milanista28
    1505 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 4
    Australia seem to be managing ok so far, hopefully we can maintain that, we got lucky that most of our big sporting codes only just started and we hadn't had the big public gathering like Europe and the US. We nearly ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up by allowing the F1 to go ahead.

Seeing the numbers around the world are scary, stay safe all.
  • hoban95

Wow, can't believe it's been two years already.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Australia seem to be managing ok so far, hopefully we can maintain that, we got lucky that most of our big sporting codes only just started and we hadn't had the big public gathering like Europe and the US. We nearly ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up by allowing the F1 to go ahead.

Seeing the numbers around the world are scary, stay safe all.

Didn't you recently close borders to all foreign flights? Australia have handled the crisis better than most countries.
  • Arsenalfan97
    8326 posts League Winner
    liverpool furloughing some of their non playing staff how can a club like Liverpool not have the money to pay them the revenues they aren’t reliant on matchday revenue like teams down the leagues are they shouldn’t be relying on the government to pay the staff.
  • jenksiee123
    24068 posts Club Captain
    Mad how it's nearly a month already without football.
  • Maverick
    7207 posts Big Money Move
    liverpool furloughing some of their non playing staff how can a club like Liverpool not have the money to pay them the revenues they aren’t reliant on matchday revenue like teams down the leagues are they shouldn’t be relying on the government to pay the staff.

They'll be paid 100% of their wages..
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    edited April 4

You only have to look at what that football club have done to the estates surrounding anfield to know how despicable they are
  • arsenalap
    8451 posts League Winner
    Maverick wrote: »

That's not what hes saying.

Hes saying liverpool shouldn't have to rely on the government and I agree. If everyone goes for furlough our tax will be huge for a long time.

Furlough should be a last resort not a first one. Football should be asking players to sort themselves out first then filter that money down.
  • Summer69
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    Imagine if premier league clubs furloughed their playing staff - yeh Boris can you pay Sergio aguero his 300k a week salary 😂

Liverpool with the generous step of paying 20% of the non playing staff whilst the government stumps up 80%. Mean while they are linked with Werner for 50million....
    (Other clubs doing the same thing as well)
  • Antparry92
    19318 posts World Class
    Maverick wrote: »

Still absolutely horrid behaviour
  • arsenalap
    8451 posts League Winner
    Summer69 wrote: »
    Imagine if premier league clubs furloughed their playing staff - yeh Boris can you pay Sergio aguero his 300k a week salary 😂

Liverpool with the generous step of paying 20% of the non playing staff whilst the government stumps up 80%. Mean while they are linked with Werner for 50million....

2.5k a week limit so woulsnt need to worry about that :D
  • Tornado31619
    22439 posts Club Captain
    708 dead today, a five-year-old with underlying health conditions amongst them.
  • Summer69
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Summer69 wrote: »

2.5k a week limit so woulsnt need to worry about that :D

Fair point 😂😂😂
  • Alemas_2012
    18746 posts World Class
    You know it's bad when even Carragher isn't happy with the club. :D
  • Antparry92
    19318 posts World Class
    Football twitter is a mad place. All the bad mings defending the club and probably haven’t stepped foot in the UK once :joy:
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

Not surprised, deplorable club.
  • Arsenalfan97
    8326 posts League Winner
    If arsenal do this I’ll be ashamed and embarrassed even though we are in a worse position money wise any prem club that puts their non playing staff on this program before asking players to take a cut should be ashamed
  • hoban95
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Football twitter is a mad place. All the bad mings defending the club and probably haven’t stepped foot in the UK once :joy:

It's amazing that some are so blind and loyal to their club that they will even defend their club doing a thing like this.
  • ccooaattssyy
    12992 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 4
    The Government Job Retention scheme is good, but it is very easy to access I think. It's wrong that a Premier League club, with vast reserves can access it. Same applies to some of the other big companies. It really should be there for the small businesses, feels like it's being exploited. They should at least top their staff up...

Their counter argument would be they'd just make the staff redundant, but it just shows them up as an immoral employer. i.e Mr Wetherspoons, terrible publicity, hope the chain goes bust and staff find better jobs elsewhere. Scum.

I've just been furloughed at work, aside from the financial impact, which is a bit rubbish, at least I get time to spend with my baby over the next few weeks.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Business doesn't do morality unless it serves its own purpose. That defines capitalism.
  • ccooaattssyy
    12992 posts Has That Special Something
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Business doesn't do morality unless it serves its own purpose. That defines capitalism.

Which is why its a flawed system.

Down with the scum!
  • BrentfordFC
    13457 posts Has That Special Something
    hoban95 wrote: »

It’s a disgrace. Just like the other clubs doing it. The premiership make so much more money compared to all other leagues and Liverpool can’t afford to pay non playing staff?

Owners definitely ruining the club with this statement.
  • Alemas_2012
    18746 posts World Class
    You'd expect such a thing from Newcastle, given their owner, or a relegation-threatened team...
    But not from CL finalists Spurs and Liverpool. :D
  • Antparry92
    19318 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »

It's amazing that some are so blind and loyal to their club that they will even defend their club doing a thing like this.
    It doesn’t surprise me one bit though :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    18746 posts World Class
    edited April 4
    Alternative title: Remember when Pogba was not overrated?
  • jenksiee123
    24068 posts Club Captain
    It's a massive FU to the working man/woman who goes to football as well because we'll be once covering this with higher taxes once this is over.