• hoban95
    56134 posts National Treasure
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Netflix coming up trumps in this time of need

You sure about that with what’s coming tomorrow? :joy:

:joy::joy:
  • hoban95
    Not sure what the schedule is like in America, but Netflix UK tweeted that they will be realising two episodes of the Bulls/Jordan doc every monday for 5 straight weeks starting April 20th. @ORANGEeffect05
  • Alemas_2012
    18731 posts World Class
    edited March 31
    Ah, the difference of culture.
    While Manchester City would be willing to let the title go to Liverpool, this sort of sportsmanship can't be said about Lazio.
    Ever since the season got suspended, they have been complaining about the Juve-Inter match being played (it meant that Lazio got knocked off top spot), Juve and Inter wanting the season cancelled, the Juve players' behaviour during these difficult times...
    And now their sporting director said that the season should be resumed for the respect of those who died, and all the fans. :D
    Ok, Liverpool have a 25-point lead over City, while Juve are just a point above Lazio, so it's still very much to play for, but still... Inter are currently nine points behind, but they have a game in hand, and apparently they'd be fine with the cancellation of the season.

1 point and they have to play eachother is probably the difference. If they really can’t find a way to finish it at least just let Juve play Lazio and whoever wins gets the title.

Can see why they’d be miffed. They won’t come anywhere near as close for a while

I also get why they'd be miffed.
    Doesn't mean they have to keep banging on about it basically every day, they are the only ones still thinking about football with what's currently happening in the country. :D
    Oh, also the Italian FA president, but that's another story...
  • jenksiee123
    24065 posts Club Captain

Should be a good laugh anyways so weyaye
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26122 posts Player of the Year
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Not sure what the schedule is like in America, but Netflix UK tweeted that they will be realising two episodes of the Bulls/Jordan doc every monday for 5 straight weeks starting April 20th. @ORANGEeffect05

Looks like Sunday nights for us starting the 19th.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-espn-last-dance-michael-jordan-documentary-20200331-wslgb5fnqzg3flpamdo5lnqxv4-story.html
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Kennyy wrote: »
    There's a difference. City have four league titles in the last decade, whereas Lazio's last one came twenty years ago and this could be the only one that they win for another while.

And to be honest, I don't see why a season that we're over three-quarters of the way into should not be played out.

I don’t get the rush to start next season.

Just finish this whenever possible then assess when to start the following season.

The Euro is next summer, starting next season late would impact that tournament.
  • Hicksy2011
    17429 posts World Class

If you just pretend our play off semi final was the last game then it’s a nice comeback revenge for the cup final fairytale :joy:
  • jenksiee123
    24065 posts Club Captain

If you just pretend our play off semi final was the last game then it’s a nice comeback revenge for the cup final fairytale :joy:

Dunno if there was even enough highlights to make it look good lmao
  • Pietu
    7245 posts Big Money Move

What's coming tomorrow?
  • hoban95

Looks like Sunday nights for us starting the 19th.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-espn-last-dance-michael-jordan-documentary-20200331-wslgb5fnqzg3flpamdo5lnqxv4-story.html

Ooof lucky
  • Kennyy
    1391 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    There's a difference. City have four league titles in the last decade, whereas Lazio's last one came twenty years ago and this could be the only one that they win for another while.

And to be honest, I don't see why a season that we're over three-quarters of the way into should not be played out.

Just finish this whenever possible then assess when to start the following season.

The Euro is next summer, starting next season late would impact that tournament.

If this goes on long enough the start to next season could be delayed anyway.

No point cancelling an unfinished season with no idea when the next could start, May as well wait it out.
  • Otis
    3558 posts National Call-Up

No point cancelling an unfinished season with no idea when the next could start, May as well wait it out.

And do what exactly about Euro 2021?
  • Kennyy
    1391 posts Professional
    Otis wrote: »

Depends on time.

It looks like something needs cancelling.

A season 75% finished.
    20/21 season
    The euros

Or a mid season international tournament like there will be in 2022.
  • Otis
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Otis wrote: »

Depends on time.

It looks like something needs cancelling.

A season 75% finished.
    20/21 season
    The euros

Or a mid season international tournament like there will be in 2022.

2 of those 3 can’t/won’t be cancelled though.

The only logical solution (which I doubt would work anyway) is to change the start/finish to suit the WC in 2022 as you said. But surely sponsors etc would have a problem with that.

But I can’t see Uefa wanting to move the euro’s again, plus winter in Europe is very different to December in Qatar.
  • Dodds
    9125 posts League Winner
    Uhhh Ashley spinning the takeover talks again after he’s lost millions and been in the news negatively.

Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ different day.
  • Tornado31619
    22410 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »

What's coming tomorrow?

Sunderland 'Til I Die S2.
  • hoban95 wrote: »
    That has honestly made my day. I'm so excited right now.

living half a mile from his statute, I can say I'm HYPED as well
  • Pietu
    7245 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »

What's coming tomorrow?

Sunderland 'Til I Die S2.

Haven't watched the first one
  • Tornado31619
    22410 posts Club Captain
    A 13-year-old boy is reportedly the UK's youngest victim.
  • ccooaattssyy
    12973 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 31
    Bad that football clubs gone straight to the government for furlough. Meanwhile many players sat on full wages.

Not a good look for the game ultimately.
  • hoban95
  • hoban95
    Bad that football clubs gone straight to the government for furlough. Meanwhile many players sat on full wages.

It's been a poor 3-4 days for the PL in terms of it's image.
  • ccooaattssyy

It's been a poor 3-4 days for the PL in terms of it's image.

This has been terrible PR for many companies tbh.
  • Antparry92
    19317 posts World Class

It’s horrendous! Bournemouth have just told all the youth team digs where they usually stay will not be getting paid what they would have for the remainder of the season.

The same club that coughed up £35 million on Ibe and Solanke :joy:
  • ccooaattssyy
    COVID-19 will cause a lot of deaths as a result of poverty, as well suicide I think. Peoples lives and security are being ruined, at least short term.

Meanwhile football players continue to collect a full pay packet, it’s a terrible look for the game.

Same goes to some business owners, too. Mike Ashley springs to mind.
  • Hicksy2011
    17429 posts World Class
    I think the PFA are negotiating a consistent across the board agreement about the players so hopefully that comes through
    But yes 24 hours after we posted accounts showing we have 3m in the bank we announced we are going to the government for a handout
    Not impressed to say the least
  • Orison
    56169 posts National Treasure
    UCL to be played in July/August :#