Road to 1000 Goals with the Goat - Part III

Comments

• James Libby
    7037 posts Big Money Move
    I was gonna say I paid 3.2m if his gone up that much I’d be tempted to sell

We don't sell the GOAT. We buy him, and get HORNED!!!
  • James Libby
    Nick_stags wrote: »
    I sold him.

105 goals in 79 games.

Regret it, buying back tomorrow.

He's just too good this year. The most elite Henry card ever by a mile. There are a small sliver of players perhaps better than him, but very, very few - and they're heinously expensive.
  • James Libby
    CornishLad wrote: »
    I sold him.

105 goals in 79 games.

Regret it, buying back tomorrow.

Mine had a very similar record but definitely didn’t expect him to sell for 4m. Will be buying him back tomorrow

Not using him made me realise how good he is. He's superb.

Hopefully a little price drop during FUT birthday tomorrow.

Also not buying until tomorrow night will stop me playing during the usual horrendous Friday gameplay.

Yeah I even tried TOTY Mbappe and he didn’t live up to the status of Henry. I’m happy to pay 3.6 but nothing more than that and must be fresh as well

We call this GOATlust in the business. Once you've had GOAT, you are betrothed.
  • James Libby
    Giacdeman wrote: »
    NDntCKc.jpg

Well that was unexpected.

HOW DARE YOU!
  • James Libby
    So so glad Ozil got a 5* weak foot card. Now however it means I don’t need the iceman. Tempted to grind for Petit from Swaps but know that I won’t end up doing it so gunna go for the Prime icon pack. Can’t wait to get Henry back and finish my team 😍

This is my hold up. I already have Scream Ozil. If I get this new one, then there's no use for the Iceman - who I've heard sooooooo much about at this point. I will admit, if I wasn't going to do Iceman, I would definitely do Petit.

YOU, my friend, have erratic horn. You must concentrate your horn on the Gunners and le Goat!!!
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain
    So so glad Ozil got a 5* weak foot card. Now however it means I don’t need the iceman. Tempted to grind for Petit from Swaps but know that I won’t end up doing it so gunna go for the Prime icon pack. Can’t wait to get Henry back and finish my team 😍

This is my hold up. I already have Scream Ozil. If I get this new one, then there's no use for the Iceman - who I've heard sooooooo much about at this point. I will admit, if I wasn't going to do Iceman, I would definitely do Petit.

YOU, my friend, have erratic horn. You must concentrate your horn on the Gunners and le Goat!!!

I never did the scream so seeing this new one got me horned and only cost me like 90k with fodder so it was great. The only problem I have with doing the icon swaps for Petit is that I’d then have him and Vidal as my 2 CDM’s and I don’t think 2 Box to box CDM’s is a good idea. Plus I’ve only done 1 of the first owner objectives for swaps and I’m already tired of the game. If I push myself to do them all I’ll lose all hype for the game
  • James Libby

I never did the scream so seeing this new one got me horned and only cost me like 90k with fodder so it was great. The only problem I have with doing the icon swaps for Petit is that I’d then have him and Vidal as my 2 CDM’s and I don’t think 2 Box to box CDM’s is a good idea. Plus I’ve only done 1 of the first owner objectives for swaps and I’m already tired of the game. If I push myself to do them all I’ll lose all hype for the game

Ya know, I hated swaps at first. And I still kinda do. But they've been so uncreative about it; so, I started holding on to my FO teams and shuffling in cheap but good cards for each league as I packed them. Now I have pretty decent FO teams for the online objectives, and I just sub Henry and Zidane in at kickoff, and it's actually kinda fun using different players and a different team with my two GOATs. And GOAT just shreds people, so it's ended up being an excuse to try different players PLUS I have an uncanny Ligue One and EPL FO teams anyway (Ligue One is my fitness/B team). Anyway, I don't know what your card stock is like, but you might think about doing at least the online ones - you only need those for Berg or Petit (more than likely). But, I see what you're saying. If I wasn't doing Bergy, or Petit, the Prime pack at 9 is the absolute best deal out there. I hope you get someone good, and I hope - more than anything - you get the GOAT back for good.
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain

Ya know, I hated swaps at first. And I still kinda do. But they've been so uncreative about it; so, I started holding on to my FO teams and shuffling in cheap but good cards for each league as I packed them. Now I have pretty decent FO teams for the online objectives, and I just sub Henry and Zidane in at kickoff, and it's actually kinda fun using different players and a different team with my two GOATs. And GOAT just shreds people, so it's ended up being an excuse to try different players PLUS I have an uncanny Ligue One and EPL FO teams anyway (Ligue One is my fitness/B team). Anyway, I don't know what your card stock is like, but you might think about doing at least the online ones - you only need those for Berg or Petit (more than likely). But, I see what you're saying. If I wasn't doing Bergy, or Petit, the Prime pack at 9 is the absolute best deal out there. I hope you get someone good, and I hope - more than anything - you get the GOAT back for good.

I didn’t have much of a club stock but had 30 packs stacked last night where I managed to pack a DDG and a few other decent cards so I have full FO teams just don’t have the patience for it. Maybe when I get the goat back I’ll do what you do and just sub him on at the start but I’ll see how I feel. Petit is like 18 tokens I think so really you need all the offline and FO objectives to get him. Still have 27 days to do them though so who knows I’ll probably end up getting them all done tbh. And don’t worry, when I’ve got the goat back he’s not leaving!
  • James Libby

I didn’t have much of a club stock but had 30 packs stacked last night where I managed to pack a DDG and a few other decent cards so I have full FO teams just don’t have the patience for it. Maybe when I get the goat back I’ll do what you do and just sub him on at the start but I’ll see how I feel. Petit is like 18 tokens I think so really you need all the offline and FO objectives to get him. Still have 27 days to do them though so who knows I’ll probably end up getting them all done tbh. And don’t worry, when I’ve got the goat back he’s not leaving!

And don’t worry, when I’ve got the goat back he’s not leaving!
  • Nick_stags
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    19 games and 36 goals on Henry's return.

Not sure why I ever sold. Sensational card and so much fun.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5126 posts Big Money Move
    Surely FUTBirthday Ozil and PIM Henry & PIM Bergkamp would be the holy FUT Trinity?
  • Wonderfulwest
    edited March 29
    This is what I’m currently using, until I get PIM Bergkamp back and switch to back too 4-4-2

C748-AD2-E-CD66-41-B3-9-B03-D65-E65141-EB8.jpg
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain
    Ozil is basically a 5* WF PIM Bergkamp but with worse outside the box finesse shots
  • James Libby
    Surely FUTBirthday Ozil and PIM Henry & PIM Bergkamp would be the holy FUT Trinity?
    Ozil is basically a 5* WF PIM Bergkamp but with worse outside the box finesse shots

Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you guys are really trying to get me horned for Ozil?!? I need more details here AND some highlights.
  • Wonderfulwest
    His a great upgrade on his scream, faster more
    Nimble and his finesse off either foot glides into those corners. Hasn’t got the power to do long range curls tho. And his passing/through balls are brilliant. Currently playing him CM or CAM and his the real deal
  • Nick_stags
    So I finished the weekend league and got to say Henry was even better than before. Using him in this team....

Team.jpg

and this was the man himself....

GOAT.jpg

Going to keep my team as fully first owner and keep Thierry as the focal point,

• CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain
    ...HENRY IS BACK. 3.608 for a first owner fresh one. 8k more than I wanted to pay but I don’t even care. Still have like 20 games of WL I’ve got to play tonight so don’t care that much about how much he cost
  • Wonderfulwest
    Playing with Henry with This new Ozil feeding him is making what would normally be a slog so enjoyable. Ozil is breaking ankles and assisting goal after Goal
  • James Libby
    Playing with Henry with This new Ozil feeding him is making what would normally be a slog so enjoyable. Ozil is breaking ankles and assisting goal after Goal

If I get this Ozil, and he's ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I'm going to be WOUND!
  • James Libby
    ...HENRY IS BACK. 3.608 for a first owner fresh one. 8k more than I wanted to pay but I don’t even care. Still have like 20 games of WL I’ve got to play tonight so don’t care that much about how much he cost

What should the punishment be if you sell him again?!?!
  • James Libby
    So I finished the weekend league and got to say Henry was even better than before. Using him in this team....

Team.jpg

GOAT.jpg

Really nice record, mate. And I like the team? Is that how it plays in game?
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain

What should the punishment be if you sell him again?!?!

Now that Rambo has a card...he’s definitely not leaving 😮
  • Nick_stags
    edited March 30

Team.jpg

GOAT.jpg

Really nice record, mate. And I like the team? Is that how it plays in game?

Thanks bud.

4231 in game or switch to 442 depending on how it's going.

Trying to decide on Kaka or Dennis from swaps to replace Roo!
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain
    Right. 19 WL Games and Ozil has 12 goals 18 assists from CAM #BelieveTheHype.
  • Wonderfulwest

Well if he dosnt work that is purely because of your lack of ability not the cards. He is amazing you can skill with him then unleash world class finishes with either foot leaving the keeper stunned, as it rattles in off the post
  • James Libby

Well if he dosnt work that is purely because of your lack of ability not the cards. He is amazing you can skill with him then unleash world class finishes with either foot leaving the keeper stunned, as it rattles in off the post

You guys are hyping this card soooo much!
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain

You guys are hyping this card soooo much!

He’s 100% worth it honestly. The runs he makes are amazing
  • James Libby
    edited March 31
    THE HORN HAS BEEN SUMMONED
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain

Ozil got 18 goals, 23 assists in 25 WL games for me. Bergkamp never had anywhere near those sorts of stats for me. He truly is a German GOAT
  • Wonderfulwest

Ozil got 18 goals, 23 assists in 25 WL games for me. Bergkamp never had anywhere near those sorts of stats for me. He truly is a German GOAT
    I’ll have to be honest this Ozil card is far superior to PIM Bergkamp it’s making me think do I now Get Petit from icon swaps now