Matchmaking

Mikep2212
652 posts Semi-Pro
Iv just started fut 20 and wvery game in div 8 im playing stacked teams whats the deal with that

Comments

• mhh1981
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    Because they are 7 months ahead of you
  • Ireland_US
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    mhh1981 wrote: »
    Because they are 7 months ahead of you

Meh. In Div 8 it shouldn't matter that much though. It's because ppl purposely drop divisions. It needs to stop. EA need to figure out a way to get it out of the game because Rivals is ruined.
  • CosmicFuzz
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Too many try hard kids who aren't actually that good have ruined rivals. All originality has gone it has become a win at all costs game. So it's not just the self relegators unfortunately
  • WorcsEverton
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    Too many try hard kids who aren't actually that good have ruined rivals. All originality has gone it has become a win at all costs game. So it's not just the self relegators unfortunately

Why is someone a "try hard" for trying to win the match? Isn't that the point of the game? Do you decide 'oh I'm gonna put fifa on for a couple of hours but not try to win, i just want to lose so i look like a cool kid'
  • URBirdman
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do not play division rivals, that's my advise. Weekend league gives you much much better game play and much much better matchmaking.

If you are absolutely new, which means you need to play division rivals to gain ticket for weekend league, then I would say play 1 minute of each game, then you can feel whether it is a fair matchmaking: if it is, then keep playing and try to win; if not, do NOT quit - you must finish the game, even you lose 0-20, you still get points towards weekend league entry (as I recall, correctly me if EA changed that). You can rubberband your controller (you cannot simple AFK, it gonna kick you out of the game), and let it automatically finish.

Once you earned 2000 points for weekend league entry, you will never ever need to play division rivals again (unless you are a fan of icon swaps and objectives). Just finish at least 11 wins in weekend league (which is not hard considering you can play total 30 matches), then you automatically get 2000 points for the next weekend league.

Trust me, you will enjoy 70% of the weekend league games.
  • Gnomenclature
    5410 posts Big Money Move
    its a sweatfest at zero skill points... Division rivals is a joke.
  • Mikep2212
    652 posts Semi-Pro
    Cheers guys for the advice, yeah unfortuntely need to get the points to get into wl so will just have to grind it out. Deffo agree ppl must be dropping down as some players have been spamming the usual boring moves as per last yr. Thanks again
  • DaMMian
    1064 posts Professional
    its a sweatfest at zero skill points... Division rivals is a joke.