Castro's stream

Arron xox
3602 posts National Call-Up
Have any of you guys been in and watched him on twitch up to now he as raised 78k and that's not including the subs gifted subs or ad revenue yet

Comments

• Arron xox
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    Yea I know hes not the most popular of people but got to give a guy credit where it's due
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    He is a digital beggar like any other streamer. It's easy to be magnanimous with money you have not earned. Would he donate $78,000 out of his own pocket after years of arduous work by scrubbing toilets in México? We both know the answer to that.
  • Djamal
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Arron xox wrote: »
    He is a digital beggar like any other streamer. It's easy to be magnanimous with money you have not earned. Would he donate $78,000 out of his own pocket after years of arduous work by scrubbing toilets in México? We both know the answer to that.

Or the fact hes giving up all his revenue from this stream to charity aswel but you know... you focus on the bad and negative sides of people you will live a happy life doing so

He wouldn’t nearly earn as much money if it was normal stream. He made it for charity, that’s why people donate so much.

And yes he does a bad thing. he literally pushing kids to open packs, and don’t tell me “he says to kids don’t open packs it’s not worth it”.
    He open packs, get shiny card, and kids instantly want to open packs to get shiny cards too, that’s how it works.
    So yes, I have no respect for a guy who helps EA massively with keeping people gambling addicted.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    edited March 28
    Arron xox wrote: »

Or the fact hes giving up all his revenue from this stream to charity aswel but you know... you focus on the bad and negative sides of people you will live a happy life doing so

There is absolutely no difference between a bloke on a street with a wicker basket asking for money and Castro with his paypal link. Well actually, there is a difference-- some of the street folk I've come across are actually very talented musicians and artists with strokes of tragic vicissitudes. The only thing Castro is known for is his jarring cacophony while opening lootboxes in a video game.
  • rmoxon
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 28
    He’s raised 78k for charity, it’s just a shame that he didn’t give the 150k that he spent on packs this year to charity too.
  • Denz
    2871 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think anyone giving money to charity should be applauded and respected.

Often hear people say if I had millions I'd give thousands to charity, yet they often don't give a fiver which wouldn't even get you a pint in most places.

• BeastlyHusla
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    rmoxon wrote: »
    He’s raised 78k for charity, it’s just a shame that he didn’t give the 150k that he spent on packs this year to charity too.

If it was EA saying, any fifa points bought would be given to charity, then I'd have said. Fair play to Castro.. but that's not the case.
  • Munnzer
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Could've swore I heard him mention something about revenue from YouTube videos as well? Maybe I misunderstood but regardless of how much he spends on points or if you like him or not his charity work is brillant and although he can afford to lose a bit of revenue the fact he's willingly to part with a decent whack is a generous choice. Weird that a few on here are giving him stick for raising money for a charity that might in someway effect their family at some point. Odd bunch.
  • First_touch87
    408 posts Sunday League Hero

If that’s true he’s spent 150k on packs he should be sent to the looney bin.

Him and many other youtubers is the reason the game is in this mess
  • TDOF
    3071 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 28
    Yeah it's great what he's doing.... but you know what else he's doing? During the whole stream he's promoting gambling..... so yeah..... i get that he needs to content to make his own money, but promoting gambling to kids is terrible.....

Hope these governments come in and shut this whole thing down... or make the game 18+.... that'd be fair
  • BeastlyHusla
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Munnzer wrote: »
    Could've swore I heard him mention something about revenue from YouTube videos as well? Maybe I misunderstood but regardless of how much he spends on points or if you like him or not his charity work is brillant and although he can afford to lose a bit of revenue the fact he's willingly to part with a decent whack is a generous choice. Weird that a few on here are giving him stick for raising money for a charity that might in someway effect their family at some point. Odd bunch.

You should read the points made by those people aswell. All those points are more than valid.
  • Sean123_
    718 posts Semi-Pro
    The blokes raising money for charity... doesn’t matter how. He’s using his platform for a good cause 👏🏻
  • Djamal
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He is promoting gambling.

It’s like a guy who sell drugs to kids, and one day he decides to give his 5% of his monthly earnings to charity. It doesn’t make him good.
  • Sodan70
    1110 posts Professional
    edited March 28

If that’s true he’s spent 150k on packs he should be sent to the looney bin.

Him and many other youtubers is the reason the game is in this mess

FIFA-points are expenses therefore deductable for youtubers/streamers.
    So if you are a taxpayer you are indirectly supporting them.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    Djamal wrote: »
    He is promoting gambling.

It’s like a guy who sell drugs to kids, and one day he decides to give his 5% of his monthly earnings to charity. It doesn’t make him good.

Plus it's all PR anyway. It's a good way to grow a channel by receiving positive press along with masking the fact that he is promoting predatory practices.
  • Jdizzle
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol some of this drug talk, you guys take it way too far. I will say this though, he does get a tax break for money donated to charity. Not saying that's why he does it but doesn't mean he doesn't get nothing from this stream.