Relegation

LordVader
88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Back to Div 9, I am terrible at this game!

Comments

• ChappellRovers
    3022 posts National Call-Up
    Just stick with it. I was div 6 last year and just won my first div 1 title this week. Just takes so getting used to!
  • LordVader
    I am definitely improving slowly. The last two times I was in Div 9, I got out easily with the title in 5 or 6 games when I moved to 4-2-2-2. I expect I will do that again. In Div 8 this time, I had a lot of draws and one goal losses and I felt I was even with just about everyone. This is the first FIFA I've played so I don't have any muscle memory from previous years to fall back on!

My offence is too 1-dimensional. I need to slow down, stop sprinting and try and pick passes/1-2s rather than go to fast and lose the ball immediately with a through ball (I do that a lot). However, when I play slowly without sprinting, it is hard to keep possession as I feel I am tackled very quickly.

When I get better, then I'll join the Discord tournaments :smiley:
  • Prettyfly
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try 442 very balanced formation
  • Prettyfly
    That’s how I am on verge of promotion into div 6
  • LordVader
    Going to try different formation for this season. I like to mix up the formation and the players at the start of a new season. I started with 442 at the beginning so think I'll go back to it for this season (Season 7 for me). Right now, I'm getting absolutely nothing out of Rashford (Prem team) and Griesman (La Liga team). Even Kane can't hit a barn door right now. If any of you guys are US based, I'm always available for a friendly game in the evenings (after my kids are asleep) so we can give each other pointers (although I'll be telling you what you do great not what you need to work on!)
  • LordVader
    Relegated to Div 10 with just two points and an 85/100 squad. I think I need to give up on-line, everyone is just too good.
  • ChappellRovers
    LordVader wrote: »
    Relegated to Div 10 with just two points and an 85/100 squad. I think I need to give up on-line, everyone is just too good.

Just play 4-4-2 mate if you get stuck. Make sure you have 2 box to box CM’s.
  • LordVader
    Ok thanks, will try that. Let's hope I can get out of Div 10!
  • LordVader
    What is the best way to create space when attacking?. I just don't seem to have any options whereas my opponents do these slick passing moves all the time and every pass goes perfectly in the path of the attacker. If I try and keep possession, I get tackled so fast. If I try to pass, they are intercepted. It's very frustrating. Maybe I need more offline practice.
  • ChappellRovers
    LordVader wrote: »
    What is the best way to create space when attacking?. I just don't seem to have any options whereas my opponents do these slick passing moves all the time and every pass goes perfectly in the path of the attacker. If I try and keep possession, I get tackled so fast. If I try to pass, they are intercepted. It's very frustrating. Maybe I need more offline practice.

Being patient is the best way to create space. If you just keep passing until you see a gap then slot the ball through. Im not sure offline will help you online it didn’t for me. Have you tried crossing? It seems to work when I experience that same frustration.
  • LordVader
    edited March 29
    Classic example tonight. I could not get the ball off my opponent at all. He just passed to the edge of my box at will. He scored two great goals. I scored from a cross but when I try to keep possession it's like he has a key that just tackles me immediately in the same way X does if you charge out your goalkeeper at an outfield player. My good defense around my box kept it 2-1 but the gap between us was massive. Once it got to 2-1, he played out the last 20 mins passing it around his team and I could not get anywhere near him.
  • Prettyfly
    Lord Vader are u in the discord group? If not chapel suggest you add him?

I was like u struggling to get wins etc now in div 7 heading for 6.
  • ChappellRovers
    edited March 30
    Prettyfly wrote: »
    Lord Vader are u in the discord group? If not chapel suggest you add him?

I was like u struggling to get wins etc now in div 7 heading for 6.

He is in it already i checked the other day. I think your right @Prettyfly . If you play a friendly against someone they’ll tell you exactly where your going wrong. I played a few friendlies against various people who told me what i was doing wrong in general then I played one a while back against one of the top guys (tournament winner) in the group lost 12-1. He doesn’t use skill moves at all and neither do I. I was in Div 1 at the time. He told me exactly where i was going wrong, how and why I was allowing him the space to score. Also told me to come up with an attacking plan i was comfortable with and not give up with it. Played him the second time yesterday after i won the div 1 title for the first time, based on others helping me improve my game, I lost 3-1 (hell of a lot better than 12-1) but he told me what I was doing miles better and again he even gave me more advanced pointers for each goal on how to stop them etc. What i had to cut out of my game and what was good. In particular I am now focusing on positioning both defensive and attacking.

I’d also say put your squad up to squad help and people will come up with suggestions or tell you if your team is unbalanced, tell you if you have the right chemistry style, whether the workrates are right for that position and also tell you what players are good for replacements. Inbetween all of us on there we have tried most of the top league players in the game so can help you with that. Eventually you’ll keep getting better. Bear in mind I was a div 4-7 player last year and now in 4 months after joining I am winning the div 1 title, so it has been really helpful for me.
  • LordVader
    Great, thanks all! I am in the group and read all of the posts. It would be great to get more advice and meet/play more people. Should I just post in the on-line friendlies group?
  • @ChappellRovers is this a FIFA FUT Nintendo Switch specific discord group? Could I get an invite please? Thanks!
  • ChappellRovers
    @ChappellRovers is this a FIFA FUT Nintendo Switch specific discord group? Could I get an invite please? Thanks!

@AshleySchaeferEBD yeah it is sorry for the late reply haven’t checked in here for a while. Ill dm it to you on here, you have to undergo verification but it isn’t much effort its just to filter this one guy out.