A list of things that are wrong with Squad Battles...

Comments

  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2020
    ..
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2020
    Batman442 wrote: »
    People complain about this mode as they see it boring, playing on a low level does that.
    They complain then when it's played on a higher level because it's too hard

    No, we're not complaining about the game being 'too hard', we're complaining about the BS. Big difference.

    I.e, the A.I taking control of your player and preventing you from controlling him so that they can score against you has nothing to do with difficulty. It's just straight-up BS.

    I hope I've explained it clearly enough for you?
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2020
    Regarding the difference in the 1st half and the 2nd half in a game of Squad battles, this game I just played is typical. I scored 8 goals in the 1st half and just one goal in the 2nd half. Every game is like this. For some reason EA decide that the opponent who conceded 8 goals in the first 45 minutes should turn into Barcelona on steroids in the 2nd half and that their CAM goalkeeper should turn into Manuel Neuer.

    Edit: I ballsed up the photo's - should have scrolled down on the 2nd photo so you could see that I scored one goal in the 2nd half.

    6713ff94b480a0ceead5228d5ed677cc.jpg

    7e2e473d5225aabfa3a98339f55513b1.jpg

  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    14. Nutmegs - your player spreads his legs wide open so the ball can travel between them (because this is something that happens in real life all the time, right?)
  • MIG40970
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have deleted my club on PC sometime in February and completely stopped playing. Three weeks ago I have started anew on PS. Squad battles are much easier when you need only 44k points to reach E1 (I can finish all with Professional/World Class even with all NIF squad), plus the controller is clearly better than the ones I was using on PC (Microsoft and Logitech) but to this list I can add at least these two:

    15. Non AI players are clearly getting away from ball when it is kicked into field by an AI keeper (80-90%)

    16. Even with an accurate pass, sometime a non-AI player receiving the pass will let the ball pass behind him (like he is ahead of the ball) (40%)
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    How about this?

  • emylonas
    826 posts Semi-Pro
    To sum up: too often, it’s like Space Jam.

    I’m pretty sure the AI side has both a score_no_matter_what flag and a no_concede_no_matter_what flag in the code.

    16 - AI defense moves so synchronizedly fast like a sworm.

    17 - Bronze CB playing ST at 1chem run and score like CR7.

    18 - Bronze ST playing GK saves more than Buffon at the 2006 world cup.

    19 - Bronze 50 strength knocks down your Gattuso/Vieri. Super strength.

    20 - Your players become dumb.

    21 - Crazy hail mary crosses bounces off your players only to end into the open AI attacker who easily scores.
  • Brustring1893
    1457 posts Play-Off Hero
    WTH is this. I just played one game and it was even more delayed and laggy than an online game. Happy I didn’t register for WL. EA pls fix your servers ffs...
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've lost count of the times that an A.I player has hacked my player down in their box or elbow-barged him off the ball and sent him flying across the pitch only for play to continue as if nothing happened.
    If one of your players so much as breathes on an A.I player then it's a free kick, and sometimes a yellow card.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm wondering if EA deliberately fill Squad Battles with so much BS in order to persuade us to play Divisions or Weekend League instead?
  • SuperKMx
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    9. that's because EA gives a huge boost if you play in Legendary or they have 99 in ultimate. if you play bronze teams (usually the first 2) in legendary, you will have no problems beating them 5+ goals anyway. play the 3rd in WC and the last in beginner and you should get E1 every week

    I play them all in Legendary, although the in-game difficulty is random. Sometimes I'll win 8-0 against a 93 rated team, and struggle against a muppet team.

    This is the main issue I have a problem with. I lost 1-0 to a bronze side on legendary last week, then beat an 82-rated side 19-0 on the same difficulty level, with the exact same 81-rated team. In one match, I can't pass the ball or even craft a decent chance. In the next, I walked through the entire team before banging a shot from anywhere and hitting the net, over and over again.

    Plus the fact that it's such a dull mode. Play four games. Refresh. Here are four more games. There's no structure, no increasing challenge (beyond "here's a bronze team who might play like World Cup winners, and the next team is all icons.")

    Some sort of weekly themed tournament or weeks where you could only use players from a certain league or of a certain quality or rating would be fun, and probably easy enough to do. But noooooooo.
  • SStubbs88
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just conceded a goal on world class from a cb playing striker who has 24 shooting. Outside of the box went right in the top corner. Riiiiight.
  • The thing that has annoyed me from day one is that you get more points for winning 1-0 on semi pro difficulty than losing 2-1 on World Class difficultly. Unless you are playing for an objective there is limited incentive in challenging yourself.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Gibbsie82 wrote: »
    The thing that has annoyed me from day one is that you get more points for winning 1-0 on semi pro difficulty than losing 2-1 on World Class difficultly. Unless you are playing for an objective there is limited incentive in challenging yourself.

    I don't get why you think losing should give you more than winning? Losing 2-1 on legendary is like 900points but winning 5-0 is 2300-2500 points. So there is incentive to winning, if you're wanting to get into E3 to E3.
  • Gibbsie82
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Gibbsie82 wrote: »
    The thing that has annoyed me from day one is that you get more points for winning 1-0 on semi pro difficulty than losing 2-1 on World Class difficultly. Unless you are playing for an objective there is limited incentive in challenging yourself.

    I don't get why you think losing should give you more than winning? Losing 2-1 on legendary is like 900points but winning 5-0 is 2300-2500 points. So there is incentive to winning, if you're wanting to get into E3 to E3.

    My point is between difficulty levels. Losing 2-1 at world class got me roughly 400 points yesterday, I could have easily played at semi pro and got double that for beating the same side with a double figure score. Therefor giving me no incentive to try and play at a harder level against the sides 85+ rated. However I find a close game a lot more rewarding and enjoyable than a one sided one.
  • Goatiano_Goataldo
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    They should change the formula and consider only the 3 highest scores per refresh. This would make easier to complete (minimum of 30 games) and give an extra chance in case of DC or stupid loss.

    I’m usually on Top 100 If I complete all the games but if I get one dc, it compromises the week and I play only until 50-60k.

    - The punishment on the total score is too high when you don’t get a clean sheet.
    - When playing ultimate, the shoot power and finishing are boosted to +95. If they can’t make the AI better and have to boost the stats, they have to do it differently. If the opponent shoot, it will go in regardless the original shooting stats. Feels like playing mystery ball w/ shooting boost.
  • CFCHenri
    4284 posts National Call-Up
    1. You lose every 50/50 from headers and loose balls

    2. Injuries in SB occur too much sometimes forcing a sub, takes them out for 3-5 games. also injuries handicap your players' performance in dribbling, positioning etc (as it should but it doesn't impact players in online gameplay at all)

    3. Pulling off shirt can be done by the CPU for 10 seconds and the game will never call for a foul, do it for 2 seconds by spamming stand tackle behind CPU and you get booked immediately (getting booked should be the standard just as it is in real life but of course the CPU AI cheats)

    4. CPU AI perfect shot accuracy no matter what player

    5. Pace - slow full backs and CBs are always in reaching distance to your wingers and strikers but you cannot get close to them when tracking back

    6. Standing tackles by you results in fouls and bookings.

    7. Wingplay is very repetitive and a chore to stop, they shield and dribbling on the line effectively

    8. They have 99 reactions, composure, stamina doesn't affect AI play. (might relate to 1st half being easy and a harder 2nd half)

    9. Impossible to cross and head, low cross-tap in compared to online play as CPU has 99 aggression to overjump your Ronaldo's and Ibra's with 99 jumping
  • SuperKMx
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    2. Injuries in SB occur too much sometimes forcing a sub, takes them out for 3-5 games. also injuries handicap your players' performance in dribbling, positioning etc (as it should but it doesn't impact players in online gameplay at all)

    Played SB to Elite 1 every week and I can't remember the last time I had a player injured. Plus the All Injuries cards drop in practically every pack, so it doesn't take them out for five games.
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    10. Impossible to cross and head, low cross-tap in compared to online play as CPU has 99 aggression to overjump your Ronaldo's and Ibra's with 99 jumping

    Can't say I agree with that. Not had a problem with it.

    Trying to do the "score three volleys with a Brazilian player" objective to get Paqueta, I scored five or six headers in five games on Legendary. I mean, I was trying to volley it, but the defenders didn't seem overly-powerful to me. If anything, it feels like heading has become easier, especially compared to how it was in week one.
  • CFCHenri
    4284 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    2. Injuries in SB occur too much sometimes forcing a sub, takes them out for 3-5 games. also injuries handicap your players' performance in dribbling, positioning etc (as it should but it doesn't impact players in online gameplay at all)

    Played SB to Elite 1 every week and I can't remember the last time I had a player injured. Plus the All Injuries cards drop in practically every pack, so it doesn't take them out for five games.
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    10. Impossible to cross and head, low cross-tap in compared to online play as CPU has 99 aggression to overjump your Ronaldo's and Ibra's with 99 jumping

    Can't say I agree with that. Not had a problem with it.

    Trying to do the "score three volleys with a Brazilian player" objective to get Paqueta, I scored five or six headers in five games on Legendary. I mean, I was trying to volley it, but the defenders didn't seem overly-powerful to me. If anything, it feels like heading has become easier, especially compared to how it was in week one.

    I also play SB to Elite all week since 18. Injuries do take you out for 3-5 games. Doesn't happen online, having injury cards isn't the point i'm making which is just a pack filler. Also injury frequency happens in SB is higher than online even if you haven't had an injury in SB in 2 weeks, compared to online which rarely happens

    Now for crosses in FIFA 18 and 19 (not for FIFA 20 as headers are ineffective) it's always been harder to cross and score in SB compared to online when playing regular, normal FIFA in open-play. Corners and free kicks were OP. I also scored a few headers doing Paqueta but the only reason you get the headers is because we're forcing an objective changing our playstyle not playing our normal FIFA,.... and we're doing it in SB against easier teams.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    15.: Your second striker running to the corner flag when attacking towards the A.I's goal. Even though I have instructed both of my strikers to 'Stay Central' the player I'm looking to play through on goal invariably makes a diagonal run towards a corner flag.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    2. Injuries in SB occur too much sometimes forcing a sub, takes them out for 3-5 games. also injuries handicap your players' performance in dribbling, positioning etc (as it should but it doesn't impact players in online gameplay at all)

    Played SB to Elite 1 every week and I can't remember the last time I had a player injured. Plus the All Injuries cards drop in practically every pack, so it doesn't take them out for five games.
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    10. Impossible to cross and head, low cross-tap in compared to online play as CPU has 99 aggression to overjump your Ronaldo's and Ibra's with 99 jumping

    Can't say I agree with that. Not had a problem with it.

    Trying to do the "score three volleys with a Brazilian player" objective to get Paqueta, I scored five or six headers in five games on Legendary. I mean, I was trying to volley it, but the defenders didn't seem overly-powerful to me. If anything, it feels like heading has become easier, especially compared to how it was in week one.

    I played a game yesterday and had three injuries in just that one game.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should change the formula and consider only the 3 highest scores per refresh. This would make easier to complete (minimum of 30 games) and give an extra chance in case of DC or stupid loss.

    I’m usually on Top 100 If I complete all the games but if I get one dc, it compromises the week and I play only until 50-60k.

    - The punishment on the total score is too high when you don’t get a clean sheet.
    - When playing ultimate, the shoot power and finishing are boosted to +95. If they can’t make the AI better and have to boost the stats, they have to do it differently. If the opponent shoot, it will go in regardless the original shooting stats. Feels like playing mystery ball w/ shooting boost.

    You can't refresh in Squad Battles on FIFA 18 until 24 hours have elapsed, unless its the weekend, in which case you can refresh after 8 hours but if you don't play every game then you won't the points.
  • Gnomenclature
    7768 posts League Winner
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    I've been playing FIFA 18 Squad Battles - I didn't buy FIFA 19 or 20 for obvious reasons - and thought I'd make a list of things that are wrong with this "game".


    1. The A.I being able to tackle your players from behind. This is not something your players can do, thereby giving the A.I an advantage which it exploits approx 20 times a game.

    2. Passing - more often than not you'll lay a simple pass to one of your players and it will go straight to an A.I player instead. Or your receiving player will either stand still and allow an A.I player to run onto the ball, or your receiving player will simply run away from the pass.

    3. Goals conceded at a couple of key times during the game. At least 90/% of goals I concede are conceded at these two times.

    4. Shooting - you'll aim a shot perfectly at the back of the goal and the computer/A,I will send the shot wide. You can check the direction of the arrow in the replay to see that the shot was aimed accurately, yet the A.I will cheat you out of a goal by sending the ball wide at a 45 degree angle.

    5. The most annoying aspect of this "game" - the computer/A.I not allowing you to control your own players at various times during the game. The A.I will literally stop you from being able to control your player, pulling him in the opposite direction to that which you are trying to pull him. This most often happens with your defenders in key points in the game when the A.I decides that it wants to score a goal.

    6. Your players kicking the ball off the pitch for no reason, other than to give possession to the A.I.

    7. The fact that your keeper will ALWAYS parry the ball to an A.I player, and the A.I keeper will ALWAYS parry the ball to an A.I player.

    8. The ball constantly bouncing off your players feet/legs, or your player bouncing off the ball and stumbling 10 feet down the pitch.

    9. A.I Bronze players with 50 pace and 50 stamina out-sprinting your 97 Maradona in the 90th minute (I hope the words '90th minute' don't trigger the moderators).

    Fell free to add your own.


    Agree with all of these.

    #5 has got to be a bug? I thought my controller broken until I tried another one.

    Id like to add defensive heading - 95% of headers will always be won by the AI. If you do win it, it will flub off into the path of the closest ai player...

    Also... Im positive my players have NEVER intercepted a pass from the AI team.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2020
    I just played a game where I quit before the 90 minutes was up because the game was a complete farce.
    My team of Icons performed like a team f bronze players. Every player turning like a tank. No pace. Every pass going awry. Every rebound going to the A.I. My players running away from every pass. The A.I tackling me from behind about 20 times (WHICH YOUR PLAYERS CANNOT DO!!!). The A.i pulling my player away from the ball meaning I had no control over my own player. Perfectly aimed shots being dragged wide by the A.I, etc, etc.

    1-2 at 90 minutes.

    TOTAL BS.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2020
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    I've been playing FIFA 18 Squad Battles - I didn't buy FIFA 19 or 20 for obvious reasons - and thought I'd make a list of things that are wrong with this "game".


    1. The A.I being able to tackle your players from behind. This is not something your players can do, thereby giving the A.I an advantage which it exploits approx 20 times a game.

    2. Passing - more often than not you'll lay a simple pass to one of your players and it will go straight to an A.I player instead. Or your receiving player will either stand still and allow an A.I player to run onto the ball, or your receiving player will simply run away from the pass.

    3. Goals conceded at a couple of key times during the game. At least 90/% of goals I concede are conceded at these two times.

    4. Shooting - you'll aim a shot perfectly at the back of the goal and the computer/A,I will send the shot wide. You can check the direction of the arrow in the replay to see that the shot was aimed accurately, yet the A.I will cheat you out of a goal by sending the ball wide at a 45 degree angle.

    5. The most annoying aspect of this "game" - the computer/A.I not allowing you to control your own players at various times during the game. The A.I will literally stop you from being able to control your player, pulling him in the opposite direction to that which you are trying to pull him. This most often happens with your defenders in key points in the game when the A.I decides that it wants to score a goal.

    6. Your players kicking the ball off the pitch for no reason, other than to give possession to the A.I.

    7. The fact that your keeper will ALWAYS parry the ball to an A.I player, and the A.I keeper will ALWAYS parry the ball to an A.I player.

    8. The ball constantly bouncing off your players feet/legs, or your player bouncing off the ball and stumbling 10 feet down the pitch.

    9. A.I Bronze players with 50 pace and 50 stamina out-sprinting your 97 Maradona in the 90th minute (I hope the words '90th minute' don't trigger the moderators).

    Fell free to add your own.


    Agree with all of these.

    #5 has got to be a bug? I thought my controller broken until I tried another one.

    It's not a bug. It's the A.I's way of cheating you. The game is a sham.

  • Swanz05
    4904 posts National Call-Up
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    2. Injuries in SB occur too much sometimes forcing a sub, takes them out for 3-5 games. also injuries handicap your players' performance in dribbling, positioning etc (as it should but it doesn't impact players in online gameplay at all)

    Played SB to Elite 1 every week and I can't remember the last time I had a player injured. Plus the All Injuries cards drop in practically every pack, so it doesn't take them out for five games.
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    10. Impossible to cross and head, low cross-tap in compared to online play as CPU has 99 aggression to overjump your Ronaldo's and Ibra's with 99 jumping

    Can't say I agree with that. Not had a problem with it.

    Trying to do the "score three volleys with a Brazilian player" objective to get Paqueta, I scored five or six headers in five games on Legendary. I mean, I was trying to volley it, but the defenders didn't seem overly-powerful to me. If anything, it feels like heading has become easier, especially compared to how it was in week one.

    I played a game yesterday and had three injuries in just that one game.

    My players have regular injuries eg one of ss Ribery's traits is 'injury prone' or something like that 😂
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    2. Injuries in SB occur too much sometimes forcing a sub, takes them out for 3-5 games. also injuries handicap your players' performance in dribbling, positioning etc (as it should but it doesn't impact players in online gameplay at all)

    Played SB to Elite 1 every week and I can't remember the last time I had a player injured. Plus the All Injuries cards drop in practically every pack, so it doesn't take them out for five games.
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    10. Impossible to cross and head, low cross-tap in compared to online play as CPU has 99 aggression to overjump your Ronaldo's and Ibra's with 99 jumping

    Can't say I agree with that. Not had a problem with it.

    Trying to do the "score three volleys with a Brazilian player" objective to get Paqueta, I scored five or six headers in five games on Legendary. I mean, I was trying to volley it, but the defenders didn't seem overly-powerful to me. If anything, it feels like heading has become easier, especially compared to how it was in week one.

    I played a game yesterday and had three injuries in just that one game.

    My players have regular injuries eg one of ss Ribery's traits is 'injury prone' or something like that 😂

    He did have glass legs tbf
  • newguy
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    Specially in SB stats are so fake. Bronze gks outpacing Daniel James, Odegaard outmuscling Boateng.
  • newguy
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA, make squad battles fun and I’ll buy Fifa 21.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2020
    I wouldn't mind if you knew that a 94 rated team was going to play like a 94 rated team, and that a 64 rated team of bronze players was going to play like a team of 64 rated bronze players, but the difficulty/BS level is totally random.

    Sometimes I'll play a 94 rated team and win 9-0, and another time my team of icons turns into a team of 50 rated bronze players who can't turn and can't run. I played a game earlier today against a 64 rated team of all bronze players and they scored against me in the second half. I scored 5 goals in the first half and in the 2nd half it was a completely different game and a completely different team - impossible to do anything. Finished 5-1. This is typical. Every game I play of Squad Battles the difficulty/BS level gets ramped up.
    I checked the stamina stats of the A.I team after and every player but two had less then 60 stamina. One player had 39 stamina, and about 4 had between 50-60 stamina. But in the 90th minute they were out-sprinting my icons. It's a complete scam.

    And yet for some reason the geniuses at EA Sports choose to order each of the four matches in terms of chemistry. I.e, the first team you play from left to right will have the lowest chem and the 4th team will have the highest chem. Like chem means anything whatsoever in Squad Battles. It doesn't. It means NOTHING.
Sign In or Register to comment.