A list of things that are wrong with Squad Battles...

Byrnzie28
1862 posts Fans' Favourite
edited March 2020
I've been playing FIFA 18 Squad Battles - I didn't buy FIFA 19 or 20 for obvious reasons - and thought I'd make a list of things that are wrong with this "game".

1. The A.I being able to tackle your players from behind. This is not something your players can do, thereby giving the A.I an advantage which it exploits approx 20 times a game.

2. Passing - more often than not you'll lay a simple pass to one of your players and it will go straight to an A.I player instead. Or your receiving player will either stand still and allow an A.I player to run onto the ball, or your receiving player will simply run away from the pass.

3. Goals conceded at a couple of key times during the game. At least 90/% of goals I concede are conceded at these two times.

4. Shooting - you'll aim a shot perfectly at the back of the goal and the computer/A,I will send the shot wide. You can check the direction of the arrow in the replay to see that the shot was aimed accurately, yet the A.I will cheat you out of a goal by sending the ball wide at a 45 degree angle.

5. The most annoying aspect of this "game" - the computer/A.I not allowing you to control your own players at various times during the game. The A.I will literally stop you from being able to control your player, pulling him in the opposite direction to that which you are trying to pull him. This most often happens with your defenders in key points in the game when the A.I decides that it wants to score a goal.

6. Your players kicking the ball off the pitch for no reason, other than to give possession to the A.I.

7. The fact that your keeper will ALWAYS parry the ball to an A.I player, and the A.I keeper will ALWAYS parry the ball to an A.I player.

8. The ball constantly bouncing off your players feet/legs, or your player bouncing off the ball and stumbling 10 feet down the pitch.

9. A.I Bronze players with 50 pace and 50 stamina out-sprinting your 97 Maradona in the 90th minute (I hope the words '90th minute' don't trigger the moderators).

Fell free to add your own.

Comments

• Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Tbf the only thing they are likely to fix is the glitch and if they took the glitch out of probably never touch the mode lol
  • AlexBear012
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    1. you actually can, it happened to me many times but i don't know how to do it consistently

2. i think this is a problem everywhere tbh

3. ngl, this has happened less this year than 19 for me, maybe i'm lucky?

4. almost never have this problem, i just shoot near post or finesse if i'm outside the box. i had some crazy saves from opponent GKs tho

5. you mean player switching? yeah it's pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but it's everywhere like this

6. never happened don't know what that is tbh

7. that happens with every GK and i hate it so much. that's why i never care about which GK i'm using lol i just take the ones that do less mistakes (for example Alisson was a problem so i switched to Schmeichel)

8. still feel like it's a problem everywhere

9. that's because EA gives a huge boost if you play in Legendary or they have 99 in ultimate. if you play bronze teams (usually the first 2) in legendary, you will have no problems beating them 5+ goals anyway. play the 3rd in WC and the last in beginner and you should get E1 every week
  • Byrnzie28
    9. that's because EA gives a huge boost if you play in Legendary or they have 99 in ultimate. if you play bronze teams (usually the first 2) in legendary, you will have no problems beating them 5+ goals anyway. play the 3rd in WC and the last in beginner and you should get E1 every week

I play them all in Legendary, although the in-game difficulty is random. Sometimes I'll win 8-0 against a 93 rated team, and struggle against a muppet team.
  • AlexBear012
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »

I play them all in Legendary, although the in-game difficulty is random. Sometimes I'll win 8-0 against a 93 rated team, and struggle against a muppet team.

weird, the less chem the worse they will be

once i had a full bronze team, like 30 chem and the GK was a ST

won 17-0 in Legendary
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    The thing wrong with squad battles is the whole difficulty set up being applied to the same team.

It makes zero sense to take a 60 rated team with 20 chem and then make them play way above their stats because of the skill level applied.

You should just pick what team star rating you want to face 1 to 5 and get given an opposing team that meets that level.
  • 10: The cheaters on pc who inflate the req points for everyone else.
  • Lackosweat
    9188 posts League Winner
    I’m cool with sb as long as the fake shot glitch is still there.
  • Byrnzie28
    edited March 2020

weird, the less chem the worse they will be

once i had a full bronze team, like 30 chem and the GK was a ST

won 17-0 in Legendary

Chemistry means absolutely nothing in offline play. Player ratings and positioning may effect it, but chem is irrelevant, as proven when high rated teams have a keeper as striker and a CAM in goal and still perform like Liverpool did against Barca at Anfield.
  • kraid
    7584 posts League Winner
    A lot of these happen in normal online fut games
  • newguy
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    Squad battles is so annoying I can beat it 20-0 legendary but some games (bronze teams as well) crap starts to happen and I lose on penalties. So funny, they guess the right way 90% of the time.
  • Byrnzie28
    c2f0cc24ad2f32dc0a075d70c1de88bf.jpg

5bd61fea7c19a139eb9fc0106429176c.jpg
  • Byrnzie28
    One more thing forgot to post in my list:

10. Your players constantly running into the back of an opponent (often giving them a long cuddle) in order to prevent your player from reaching the ball.
  • Raymondo123
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    One more thing forgot to post in my list:

10. Your players constantly running into the back of an opponent (often giving them a long cuddle) in order to prevent your player from reaching the ball.

Time to upgrade to Fifa 20
  • Hubbabubba
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    0,00000001 sec AI reaction time which makes the AI do unrealistic/impossible blocks of passes/shots.
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't say I've noticed most of the things you complain about. No doubt the AI needs to be made less defensive but you sound paranoid to me.
  • BSDShoes
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    6. Your players kicking the ball off the pitch for no reason, other than to give possession to the A.I.

This one annoys me, with my CB I take the ball, face directly down the field to kick the ball down, CB decides to just kick it to the side out of pitch. It even happens when I take my time to point the player int he right direction
  • Byrnzie28
    Liam W wrote: »
    Can't say I've noticed most of the things you complain about. No doubt the AI needs to be made less defensive but you sound paranoid to me.

You clearly haven't played it then.
  • Byrnzie28
    11. Auto-lunges
  • Byrnzie28
    12. Every 2nd half is a completely different game to the 1st half. I will generally score 5 in the 1st half and score 0 in the second half. Wtf?
  • Byrnzie28
    13. Not being able to catch an A.I player on the wing. It's impossible to catch an A.I player on the wing. Why does EA think that a player can run faster depending on which part of the pitch he happens to be? Do the game developers at EA have no concept of elementary physics?
  • Byrnzie28
    Btw, I just played two games and conceded a goal at the same time in both games. Can you guess which time in the game I conceded these goals?
  • Byrnzie28
    The game is chock-full of magical moments. Strangely though, every magical moment works in the A.I's favour.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Another thing, I notice is how the AI attacks on wing but it's always cc lose to the throw in line. Like it's hard to tackle them without them still having possession.
  • Shake_n_Bake
    88 posts Park Captain
    Also to make skill moves actually viable against A.I.
    They are too good at defending against them and when they do them, you are helpless. I hate having to resort to fake shots and ball rolls constantly just to move the ball into the back line.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Also to make skill moves actually viable against A.I.
    They are too good at defending against them and when they do them, you are helpless. I hate having to resort to fake shots and ball rolls constantly just to move the ball into the back line.

I only use ball rolls and that skill everybody does to get into good positions.
  • Amargaladaster26
    10547 posts Has That Special Something
    How would you even get to the situation that a bronze player plays against Maradona in overtime? Even on legendary you can smash 5-6 goals in the first half easily and then just let the controller go.
  • Byrnzie28
    d9e374d1a3db87e08786680e1cb5caf7.jpg

968be8a9b02a491e4eaa9fecc57ddfd8.jpg

Hit the post four times. They had two shots on target, and look when they scored their goal. Just a normal game of FIFA. Nothing to see here.
  • AlexBear012
    Against bad teams that rarely happens really
  • Batman442
    5823 posts Big Money Move
    People complain about this mode as they see it boring, playing on a low level does that.
    They complain then when it's played on a higher level because it's too hard
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cmon man, you are lucky, you are playing fifa 18, that's a very good game judging by today standards.