The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6250 posts Big Money Move
    Is there a reason you have an Anchor on Politano?

My guess is ive either put the wrong card on him or figured i wanted a pace and physical upgrade and figured the other stats dont need to be boosted any more.
  • BristolMDF
    1253 posts Professional
    Meanwhile I haven't got a frigging clue what team to make. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm a relative peasant having only just started playing again - I have around 400k plus these untradeables

29de3b7ce5bcd4b15eca0a27ba6f5cd1.png

1ea15c3e7bb2673703abfe9c32aa1368.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    7355 posts Big Money Move
    I thought it might have been some weird meta thing. I remember last year people were putting Anchors on forwards to boost their heading stats or something like that.
  • They Caged Non
    I thought it might have been some weird meta thing. I remember last year people were putting Anchors on forwards to boost their heading stats or something like that.

Ive come to the conclusion its the aggression increase to 87 that did it for me.

oh and before you have my life, De Ligt and Koeman came with those shadow cards applied, not something i would ever do, i hate those 2 upgrade chem styles.
  • They Caged Non
    edited March 23
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Meanwhile I haven't got a frigging clue what team to make. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm a relative peasant having only just started playing again - I have around 400k plus these untradeables

Zaniolo LCM, El Sha LW then work from there.. 433(3) gives you freedom to put anyone at LB then.

Gomez at CCM with Belloti up front for the time being.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 23

Any preferred formation to play in game, players you absolutely 100% want in the team etc.? Don't you have van Nistelrooy, or was that someone else?
  • BristolMDF
    1253 posts Professional
    Nah I’m pretty open to anything and that’s the trouble, nothing particularly motivating me or steering me one way or the other. Prem and La Liga my favourite two leagues IRL probably.

Yeah I have Ruud, but everything I’ve read says he’s absolutely horrendous, not really used him yet
  • BristolMDF
    1253 posts Professional
    I thought about making a full Brazil team but only useable right back is like 120k
  • They Caged Non
    edited March 23
    I thought about making a full Brazil team but only useable right back is like 120k

Rafael is decent to be fair but you could hybrid with Felipe, Semedo and Casemiro
  • wheelerdeeler
    Nah I’m pretty open to anything and that’s the trouble, nothing particularly motivating me or steering me one way or the other. Prem and La Liga my favourite two leagues IRL probably.

Yeah I have Ruud, but everything I’ve read says he’s absolutely horrendous, not really used him yet

Don't know how much time you want to put in, but a good way to make coins at the moment is to do the Libertadores and Sudamericana League SBCs and make it cheaper with Bronze Packs. And then you can use the cards you get like the CB Lopez, Bustos etc. as well.
  • BristolMDF
    1253 posts Professional

Don't know how much time you want to put in, but a good way to make coins at the moment is to do the Libertadores and Sudamericana League SBCs and make it cheaper with Bronze Packs. And then you can use the cards you get like the CB Lopez, Bustos etc. as well.

Trouble is with no web app it’s an absolute ball ache to do these SBCs on the console. Is BPM profitable at the moment then? What leagues sell for decent coins?
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 23

Trouble is with no web app it’s an absolute ball ache to do these SBCs on the console. Is BPM profitable at the moment then? What leagues sell for decent coins?

Some League SBC cards, depends on what team, Shamrock Rovers players and Rare Irish and Northern Irish. Had a run two nights ago where I packed 3 or 4 Shamrock Rovers players in about 10 minutes and sold them for 9k each. They're down to about 5.7-6 now, but still. It's very hard to not make profit with it at the moment with the Sudamericana League SBC especially given what you need to submit for it. Done it I think 4 times already and made a profit every time. Done POTM Sancho with the 88s as well, made it a lot cheaper.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Have EA said anything about TOTS? I would assume they have a calendar already set for promos, and with the Euros this summer I would think it would've been Mid-Late April to start it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I've 100% missed someone out, but thought I'd throw together a TOTS Prediction for the EFL. Mainly went on Stats and WhoScored ratings for L1 and L2. Eze YPOTY, Pereira POTY.
    azDuZrT.png
    orKuBEc.png
  • They Caged Non
    So I’ve bought CR7 this afternoon and can’t even be bothered turning the Xbox on to play... sad state of affairs haha.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 23
    Now I've done Icon Swaps I'm back to just doing the Menus in the week and then playing until Gold 3 in Champs, didn't even do that this weekend though- stopped at Silver 1 and played F1.

My whole game right now is based around wanting an SBC Serie A Centre-Back to improve on my Red Nkoulou. Dream is something like a Flashback Bonucci to his TOTY.
  • They Caged Non
    Now I've done Icon Swaps I'm back to just doing the Menus in the week and then playing until Gold 3 in Champs, didn't even do that this weekend though- stopped at Silver 1 and played F1.

My whole game right now is based around wanting an SBC Serie A Centre-Back to improve on my Red Nkoulou. Dream is something like a Flashback Bonucci to his TOTY.

OTW De Ligt is an absolute baller and nobody seem interested in using him.
  • wheelerdeeler

Tried to do something a bit different to the standard team, and mix in Prem, La Liga and Brazilians but still make you one that'll win you games. 380k according to Futbin. Casemiro's awful, but needed the link. Would save up for Shapeshift Ferland Mendy to replace him.

Start
    Xc0UB0V.png

In-Game
    08lqG9C.png
  • wheelerdeeler

I tried him, well his IF, and it felt too clunky for me, the Red 86 Nkoulou just felt quicker (and I have him, might as well use him). I'm about 100k off de Ligt's TOTY, but I'm one of the people who only uses fresh cards and I doubt I'd get a fresh TOTY in March.

I'm hoping they do what they did with Bundesliga Centre-Backs where people are complaining about a lack of options, so they suddenly just bring a good one out every day. So much potential for SBCs as well between Godin, Bonucci, Smalling, Skriniar etc. I wish I didn't put that Japanese Centre-Back into an SBC.
  • They Caged Non

I tried him, well his IF, and it felt too clunky for me, the Red 86 Nkoulou just felt quicker (and I have him, might as well use him). I'm about 100k off de Ligt's TOTY, but I'm one of the people who only uses fresh cards and I doubt I'd get a fresh TOTY in March.

I'm hoping they do what they did with Bundesliga Centre-Backs where people are complaining about a lack of options, so they suddenly just bring a good one out every day. So much potential for SBCs as well between Godin, Bonucci, Smalling, Skriniar etc. I wish I didn't put that Japanese Centre-Back into an SBC.

I picked up OTW for like 30k ages ago and he just keeps getting upgrades haha. And yeah Tomyasu or whatever he is called is defo useful.

De Ligt and Koeman at CB = better passing than most people’s midfields B)
  • BristolMDF
    1253 posts Professional

Tried to do something a bit different to the standard team, and mix in Prem, La Liga and Brazilians but still make you one that'll win you games. 380k according to Futbin. Casemiro's awful, but needed the link. Would save up for Shapeshift Ferland Mendy to replace him.

Start
    Xc0UB0V.png

In-Game
    08lqG9C.png

Like it mate, cheers!
  • BristolMDF
    1253 posts Professional
    edited March 24
    Just as a different idea, are there any icons in the 500k ish range that are good enough to build a team around for lower Division rivals?

Thinking maybe buying an icon, preferably an attacker, build a cheap team around it and then grind for upgrades and add a second cheaper icon like Gattuso/Puyol/Overmars/Laudrup with the next wave of swaps

Prime Larsson looks pretty good, 3* skills is meh but looks clinical
  • They Caged Non
    Just as a different idea, are there any icons in the 500k ish range that are good enough to build a team around for lower Division rivals?

Thinking maybe buying an icon, preferably an attacker, build a cheap team around it and then grind for upgrades and add a second cheaper icon like Gattuso/Puyol/Overmars/Laudrup with the next wave of swaps

Prime Larsson looks pretty good, 3* skills is meh but looks clinical

HAGI
  • Dizzy Bala
    3835 posts National Call-Up
    Feels a bit weird actually discussing FUT with you guys, but I guess there's nothing else to talk about lol.

Originally set out to make a full England team when I thought Cash was going to get a TOTS, but I don't even know if they'll do a TOTS at this point.

Hadn't really done many SBCs up to maybe February, but recently I've done Flashback Rooney, EFLC Murphy, Flashback McGeady and now Flashback Young. Had to sell Sterling but fortunately, seems his price shot up by like 15k so I made a tidy profit.

First XI
    6c51dd93ce684b18ac3bee4f79a532cf.png

Subs
    eecc472fdcf7c8c40e6fa4401ff49a25.png

Reserves
    69aca1ff6cb5cdc77c7c6c46587993ff.png
  • Handy Andy
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    heading outside to get coronavirus instead ty
  • They Caged Non
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Feels a bit weird actually discussing FUT with you guys, but I guess there's nothing else to talk about lol.

Originally set out to make a full England team when I thought Cash was going to get a TOTS, but I don't even know if they'll do a TOTS at this point.

Hadn't really done many SBCs up to maybe February, but recently I've done Flashback Rooney, EFLC Murphy, Flashback McGeady and now Flashback Young. Had to sell Sterling but fortunately, seems his price shot up by like 15k so I made a tidy profit.

First XI
    6c51dd93ce684b18ac3bee4f79a532cf.png

Subs
    eecc472fdcf7c8c40e6fa4401ff49a25.png

Reserves
    69aca1ff6cb5cdc77c7c6c46587993ff.png

Vardy and Kent man, as someone who plays Rivals a lot I despise that pair of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ :/

Otherwise mint concept and at least it’s not Rashford and Sancho haha.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 24
    They're 100% going to do TOTS when it was scheduled at I'd assume the end of April- we just won't get the EFL POTY cards a couple of weeks before because they've presumably postponed the awards dinner and the voting. That's why I did the Prediction for the EFL one yesterday because it'll just be based on what we've had up until this point.

Put simply, do you really think EA are going to turn down their last big cash grab of the game cycle?

Also imagine actually doing that Ashley Young SBC.
  • Tornado31619
    21592 posts Club Captain
    POTY will probably end up being a fan vote TBH.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3835 posts National Call-Up
    They're 100% going to do TOTS when it was scheduled at I'd assume the end of April- we just won't get the EFL POTY cards a couple of weeks before because they've presumably postponed the awards dinner and the voting. That's why I did the Prediction for the EFL one yesterday because it'll just be based on what we've had up until this point.

Put simply, do you really think EA are going to turn down their last big cash grab of the game cycle?

Also imagine actually doing that Ashley Young SBC.

He's actually pretty good. I didn't really have an CM options that I liked (not a fan of Dele, Lallana etc..) but he's a bit of everything.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 24
    POTY will probably end up being a fan vote TBH.

Don't think there'd be too many complaints if they did them as normal and just sent them the award in the post. It's not like we're 10 games into the season, would be fair to say we were approaching, if not in the run in.

EFL POTY realistically is between Mitrovic, Pereira and Watkins, and I said Pereira in my TOTS prediction because West Brom are the highest team of the three. YPOTY has to be Eze. L1 and L2 are pretty straight forward as Toney and Doyle.

Prem I'd say is between De Bruyne, Alexander-Arnold and Henderson- just because there was that weird campaign in the media to give Henderson it. Personally would say De Bruyne POTY, Trent YPOTY.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on