Best real life midfield 3?

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    Team Sam wrote: »
    Any love for Kaka from anyone?

Wasnt consistent enough for me after leaving Milan. Awesome player but not one of the best i dont think.
  • newguy
    1375 posts Professional

Kaka Matthaus Pirlo

@Team Sam I think I’m getting Prime Kaka and Mid Dinho for my team, and if I remember correctly you have those 2 as well. Could you maybe write a Dinho review on my Bayern Milan thread? Do you think I should go Kaka cam Dinho st? Would that work or vice versa?
  • Brustring1893
    1204 posts Professional
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Max Meyer / Jens Jeremies / Carsten Ramelow

Basti schweini nich ?

Not even close to these absolute 3 legends.
  • PaulDr
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Best midfield in real life that are in the game - Gerrard, Zidane, Viera.
    Best three that arent in the game- Hoddle, Zico, Gascoigne.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3061 posts National Call-Up
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    llcg04 wrote: »
    LM) Ronaldo
    CM) Pirlo
    RM) Beckham

Oh, forgot, Beckham isn't it Fifa.

Well, in that case;

CM) Scholes
    CDM) Pirlo
    CM) Vieira

Also how in the world is david beckham Part of any top 3 midfield?

Do you know anything about football?

The point is to pick 3 players who would compliment each other in particular type of formation.

I initially picked a 3 man unit with Ronaldo and Beckham on either wing, offering their respective abilities, with a more cultured, deeper lying playmaker in Pirlo sitting in the middle.

Ideally, it needs a 4 man midfield, and Scholes would sit alongside Pirlo to offer a more attack minded focus.

I think, perhaps, you only know Beckham as a "superstar" cultural icon (not my words exactly) who married a pop star and posed in his underwear.

If you ever saw him play, or had a grasp of what he did, you'd know he was very underappreciated and underrated and was as good a crosser of the ball as the game has seen.

He was totally committed, gave 100%, was a team player, and held his own among the Galaticos.

Of course, you can pick a hundred other players for a hundred other reasons; but my 3 would be quite formidable and I stood by it until I remembered Beckham isn't in Fifa.

I then switched my picks to a more conventional 3 man CM - CDM - CM formation of Scholes, Pirlo, Vieira.

Well done. Beckham was indeed underrated, and underappreciated as a footballer. His fame took him away from that. Fantastic player.

Yes, a lot of people dismiss him as a footballer and just look at the other stuff.

But, he was a great player in his prime and offered something unique.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3061 posts National Call-Up
    OZero wrote: »
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    llcg04 wrote: »
    LM) Ronaldo
    CM) Pirlo
    RM) Beckham

Oh, forgot, Beckham isn't it Fifa.

Well, in that case;

CM) Scholes
    CDM) Pirlo
    CM) Vieira

Also how in the world is david beckham Part of any top 3 midfield?

Do you know anything about football?

The point is to pick 3 players who would compliment each other in particular type of formation.

I initially picked a 3 man unit with Ronaldo and Beckham on either wing, offering their respective abilities, with a more cultured, deeper lying playmaker in Pirlo sitting in the middle.

Ideally, it needs a 4 man midfield, and Scholes would sit alongside Pirlo to offer a more attack minded focus.

I think, perhaps, you only know Beckham as a "superstar" cultural icon (not my words exactly) who married a pop star and posed in his underwear.

If you ever saw him play, or had a grasp of what he did, you'd know he was very underappreciated and underrated and was as good a crosser of the ball as the game has seen.

He was totally committed, gave 100%, was a team player, and held his own among the Galaticos.

Of course, you can pick a hundred other players for a hundred other reasons; but my 3 would be quite formidable and I stood by it until I remembered Beckham isn't in Fifa.

I then switched my picks to a more conventional 3 man CM - CDM - CM formation of Scholes, Pirlo, Vieira.

Well done. Beckham was indeed underrated, and underappreciated as a footballer. His fame took him away from that. Fantastic player.

Beckham could be a good shout for a four men midfield. He offers something that none others can.

I agree.

He is more naturally suited as part of a 4 man midfield.
  • First_touch87
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alan power Gary dicker and Chris Burke
  • Team Sam
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    PaulDr wrote: »
    Best midfield in real life that are in the game - Gerrard, Zidane, Viera.
    Best three that arent in the game- Hoddle, Zico, Gascoigne.

Gerrard getting a lot of love on this
  • Cmiz
    975 posts Professional
    Ben wrote: »
    Scholes, makelele , Zidane

• Team Sam
    newguy wrote: »

Kaka Matthaus Pirlo

@Team Sam I think I’m getting Prime Kaka and Mid Dinho for my team, and if I remember correctly you have those 2 as well. Could you maybe write a Dinho review on my Bayern Milan thread? Do you think I should go Kaka cam Dinho st? Would that work or vice versa?

Done
  • Team Sam
    Seedorf not mentioned at all. A couple of mates had him in
  • nicitel32
    2329 posts Fans' Favourite
    i am not a barca fan but iniesta and xavi have to be there..and zizou with them...but who would defend?
  • SharpEnds
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    In Game: Keane, Zindane, Iniesta
    Not in Game; Souness, Platini, Rivellino
  • Seleukos
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Matthäus, Schweinsteiger, zidane

And it's Not even close
  • DaMMian
    1064 posts Professional
    Lamps, Zidane, Makelele
  • Team Sam