Pack luck is not random

Comments

• PaulDr
    988 posts Professional
    edited March 20
    If the OPs list is true and I have no reason to doubt, he is right. This cannot be random. The odds on someone winning the lottery so many times are impossible. The question is what on earth determines it? It does seem random who is blessed with the luck and it doesn't seem to be on a pack by pack basis, rather it is on a player basis.
  • BuZuS
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Friends and I blow coins on packs as we are bored of the game yet find it ridiculous how I keep "getting lucky" while they get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all.

I love how you completely destroy your own point here:
    "My friends & I do exactly the same thing, yet I get lucky. IT'S NOT RANDOM!" - while proving that it's totally random.

Good job, buddy.
  • AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    So if pack luck is not random then you can change it, right? How do you do it
  • BeastlyHusla
    5812 posts Big Money Move
    Is this a brag thread?

Ridiculous.
  • Amdp9
    4617 posts National Call-Up
    @Djkhalid1921 great to hear that you spoke no wonder why your transfer profit hitting 55m, I can imagine those pull. But hear me out buddy my best this year was Robertson TOTY untradable rest I am being honest here mainly 20-30k cards at the most. But I traded like every other year. Last year profit was 20m but this year so for at 14m, but hell yeah for your pack luck.
    If I have 52m profit I would blow coins too 😬😬. Indeed the pack luck is account specific and I know you spent lots of real money too. I did spent about $100 when the game came out that all. But even with that there was no walkouts.
  • seBozz
    609 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got CR7 from MM SBC.
    Never packed him before.
  • Oweyman
    1174 posts Professional
    I kind of feel the same way about pack luck, but its very much a tinfoil hat theory.

A friend of mine last week packed PIM Linekar tradeable and then from the objectives packs for winning something like 5 games and then 15 games, he packed PIM Sanchez and then CR7 both untradeable.

I just don't feel like pack luck is completely random, although I also don't feel it is manipulated to the degree that some people believe! :D
  • They Caged Non
    6041 posts Big Money Move
    My best pulls this year have been NIF Ter Stegen (untradeable), NIF Hazard (tradeable), NIF Fernandinho, NIF Lewandowski, NIF Hummels, NIF Busquets (all untradeable) OTW Brandt and some other meaningless IF's. And thats from spending about £200 on points and opening countless rewards packs, objectives packs etc... So basically aside from Hazard ive not had a single player that sold for many coins. In fact IIRC i may have had one like Fabinho early on who sold for 30k but thats about it.

I keep thinking surely my luck will change one day then i opened the prime icon pack and got Schmeichel.. who is just a bad version of Ter Stegen and only useful for hybrids.
  • Trustme707
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 20
    Here is the thing - I’ve stopped playing in November and during toty decided to do some pl upgrades from phone app: second pack I got TOTY KDB and in a few packs TOTY Alisson. So I’ve decided to play with them and got back to the game
  • They Caged Non
    Trustme707 wrote: »
    Here is the thing - I’ve stopped playing in November and during toty decided to do some pl upgrades from phone app: second pack I got TOTY KDB and in a few packs TOTY Alisson. So I’ve decided to play with them and got back to the game

I never played 18 and didnt buy 19 at all, came back to 20 to yet more rubbish pack luck. Been playing since 2011 on the same account before that.
  • PaulDr
    988 posts Professional
    My worry is that the randomness is not in the individual packs, but in which players are selected to have good luck either for the duration of the game, or for a certain period of time. I have noticed the odd week where I get generally better pulls. Last year, for instance, on one of the weeks with the cl two player upgrades I was getting a walkout every three or four goes. Later in the year, the same sbc wasnt giving me any in 50 plus attempts. So this year I should have stopped the premier league upgrades after ten attempts . I did hundreds and got nothing.
  • Yoesi
    712 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 20
    Simply said, EA should be investigated. It`s highly likely that packweight is not constant and that it differs from account to account and during certain promos. Still no control organ actually investigate this company, It sickens me.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1329 posts Play-Off Hero
    I find it crazy when I see Fut founders claiming they never packed an icon.
    And me on my second year of playing FUT I packed MID nesteroy and Delpi 1st year
    And this year I packed Mid Litmanen and toty Robertson. And all off of grinding sbcs. In the year and a half of playing FUT probably wasted $20 in micro that’s it.
  • Chavez76
    5533 posts Big Money Move
    And me on my second year of playing FUT I packed MID nesteroy and Delpi 1st year
    And this year I packed Mid Litmanen and toty Robertson. And all off of grinding sbcs. In the year and a half of playing FUT probably wasted $20 in micro that’s it.

you packed WHO?
  • They Caged Non
    Chavez76 wrote: »

you packed WHO?

You saying you never heard of Nesteroy and Delpi? big time players in the 80s or some ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • ozcs_69
    3957 posts National Call-Up
    FML
  • AlexBear012
    Reminding:
    This fifa didnt touch the game for 1 week, returned and got Kramaric as best

Last year didnt play for 3-4 months, returned and got nothing either
  • Greezyweezy101
    1877 posts Fans' Favourite
    Facts. You have packed more so far in FIFA 20 than I have in 10 years.

I just want to know how it's decided which accounts will be "lucky" and which wont
  • deelio
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Think accounts are fixed to only be able to pack certain players. Have less than 200 players in my club but pretty much every untradeable pack I get duplicates which I have to discard. Would explain why people are packing the same players from icon swaps that they already have in their club
  • Marleigh
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nothing in this thread proves that pack luck isn't random. Tinfoil hats all round
  • ChappellRovers
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 20
    I think its to do with engagement. I log in almost every day and never get anything. A friend on my discord group hasn’t logged in for two months, he got bored, logged in last week to commit pack suicide with 100k on premium gold packs about 60k in he got this premium gold pack.

93-FC2239-0674-486-A-9-C96-66561-EBEA8-AC.jpg

Whereas I am supremely lucky it i get a rare player in a premium gold pack he got 3 rare players (never happened once to me) and those 3 players. Crazy.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Friends and I blow coins on packs as we are bored of the game yet find it ridiculous how I keep "getting lucky" while they get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all.

"My friends & I do exactly the same thing, yet I get lucky. IT'S NOT RANDOM!" - while proving that it's totally random.

Good job, buddy.

But that’s the point. Certain accounts have higher drop weight for rewards. There’s no way someone randomly without any help on the back end keeps “getting lucky”
  • campbell
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    gutes me reading this ive never packed nowt wroth over 100k in the last years i play most days it that my downfall
  • newguy
    1457 posts Play-Off Hero
    newguy wrote: »
    Best pull this year: Nif Robertson worth 70k in first week. Best pull in 4 years: 200k Nif De Bruyne in Fifa 18.

How many packs do you open in comparison?

@Brustring1893 No fp obviously but play a lot, every wl but rivals r2 and somewhere elite SB. Do every MM and most other pack SBCs.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    campbell wrote: »
    gutes me reading this ive never packed nowt wroth over 100k in the last years i play most days it that my downfall

I do feel like it may be related somehow to playtime or record. I don’t play often, actually maybe 5 games max a week. Less than a few hundred games played total since it’s come out and when I do play I’m bad
  • AlexBear012
    BuZuS wrote: »

Good job, buddy.

But that’s the point. Certain accounts have higher drop weight for rewards. There’s no way someone randomly without any help on the back end keeps “getting lucky”

they "keep getting lucky" because they only show their good packs

yes sure some people may be very lucky more often, but that balances out people who keep get shafted more often.

then there's people like me who gets good stuff, then doesn't, then does etc

i packed 86 walkouts this year. you may think it's a lot or something, but trust me i got shafted way more than not
  • PaulDr
    988 posts Professional
    edited March 20
    Marleigh wrote: »
    Nothing in this thread proves that pack luck isn't random. Tinfoil hats all round

What on earth? Please take me to your world where the lottery winners have multiple big money wins. The random bit is which player gets the luck in my view. It is player name luck not pack luck.
  • Brustring1893
    1223 posts Professional
    Best pull this year: Nif Robertson worth 70k in first week. Best pull in 4 years: 200k Nif De Bruyne in Fifa 18.

How many packs do you open in comparison?

@Brustring1893 No fp obviously but play a lot, every wl but rivals r2 and somewhere elite SB. Do every MM and most other pack SBCs.

@newguy oh wow, that is terrible and unfortunate then. Do you go for the tradeable or untradeable rewards in rivals? Untradeable seem to be way better for me. I remember going on a pack run with coins around TOTY and most valuable pull was Son, who was around 220k at that time (compared to the 2.5 million spent).
  • fussydutchman
    1250 posts Professional
    PaulDr wrote: »
    Marleigh wrote: »

What on earth? Please take me to your world where the lottery winners have multiple big money wins. The random bit is which player gets the luck in my view. It is player name luck not pack luck.

I don't know that the lottery is the best apples to apples comparison. Winning the lottery is usually a one in several hundred thousand chance or one in a few million chance, while FIFA packs are one in a few hundred or few thousand.
  • gowtham
    74 posts Park Captain
    This is true 100 percent.. I have a friend who packed Ronaldo & Messi this year who plays very less. I think the lesser you play better pack rewards to keep you engaged