The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7038 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 16
    Well to give an update on my weekend, I've already done 7 Icon Tokens, and I've done so many objectives generally speaking that I've already got the Norwegian Centre-Mid from the Battle Pass. Watched the entire series of Noughts + Crosses on iPlayer as well.
  • They Caged Non
    6133 posts Big Money Move
    Well to give an update on my weekend, I've already done 7 Icon Tokens, and I've done so many objectives generally speaking that I've already got the Norwegian Centre-Mid from the Battle Pass. Watched the entire series of Noughts + Crosses on iPlayer as well.

I watched the first episode of that, thought it was just more overly forced PC rubbish, not impressed, a decent drama but quite uncomfortable is that 'save me' thats been on sky.

i gave up on objectives on Saturday after mistakenly thinking weekend league was going to be anything but hell. gonna hit it this week though and should have 6/7 by the weekend.
  • Lard_Lad
    12710 posts Has That Special Something
  • wheelerdeeler

I watched the first episode of that, thought it was just more overly forced PC rubbish, not impressed, a decent drama but quite uncomfortable is that 'save me' thats been on sky.

i gave up on objectives on Saturday after mistakenly thinking weekend league was going to be anything but hell. gonna hit it this week though and should have 6/7 by the weekend.

I thought it was decent to be fair. Story was quite generic, but the overall concept was good and thought they did quite well with the small details.

My thing with the Icons now is working out if I want to get Gattuso & Maldini or Puyol and also finally do that Politano for the link with Gattuso or just wait and get Cannavaro.
  • iHilarious
    13241 posts Has That Special Something
    Here’s a better goal from 1 year ago today - just for you @AtomicOdin
  • BristolMDF
    1109 posts Professional
    After months of pretty much not playing FUT at all I did 6 icon tokens on Sunday and still don’t think I’ve recovered from the mental effects.
  • iHilarious
    13241 posts Has That Special Something
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    After months of pretty much not playing FUT at all I did 6 icon tokens on Sunday and still don’t think I’ve recovered from the mental effects.

Why would you do that to yourself
  • Dizzy Bala
    3773 posts National Call-Up
    86db2c51111d389cd0fd215e10e24a7b.png
  • Farlz
    8865 posts League Winner
    Gonna get that moments Lampard
  • BristolMDF
    1109 posts Professional
    iHilarious wrote: »

Why would you do that to yourself

Well it was that or catch a deadly virus and I had no luck with the latter so took the more painful option.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Quick update, on 18/24 now. Ran out of coins, started selling my pulls. Got a libertadores MOTM, then did the Wigan team and packed Thiago. I might be able to actually finish this!
    5c8a278d1705f11fcb803bc39f0d72f8.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    Would genuinely say this is the most mental Fulham game I can remember. Score direct from a corner in the 1st minute, proceed to get battered for the next 90 minutes, Bettinelli makes something like 14 saves, the Ref sends off the wrong player and has to be corrected by the 4th official, Huddersfield miss two penalties and then we go up the other end with this goal.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Finished, Sheffield Wednesday is being pricefixed to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on PS4 right now, hate that stuff, hope they get the points deduction now.

Just waiting for that Matty Cash TOTS if it ever comes.
    92c255c6d404219d951acfd805102e19.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    Your links are a bit dodgy.
  • Farlz
    8865 posts League Winner
    0c54461ed5f1027419ae96a991d266bb.png
    PortlyEarlyEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif
  • Dizzy Bala
    Your links are a bit dodgy.
    It's the Steve Bruce way.
    Farlz wrote: »
    0c54461ed5f1027419ae96a991d266bb.png
    PortlyEarlyEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif
    He was cheap and english, alright?
  • wheelerdeeler
    This is my team now
    30NeeKK.png

And after I've done the Icon Tokens I think I'm aiming for this (I can already get Gattuso), and just see what Serie A Centre-Backs and Keepers come out. Hoping they do a Flashback Bonucci to his TOTY or something.

kgsAGBU.png
  • Dizzy Bala
    Ah I see you are one of those that doesn't just play squad battles :smiley:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 16
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Ah I see you are one of those that doesn't just play squad battles :smiley:

I mainly just stick to playing to Gold 3 in FUT Champs, and I do Objectives when I can be bothered if there's a card I want like the Milinkovic-Savic. But with the extra time I have on weekends I think I'll finally get around to doing the Politano card. It only came out in November. I'm going for it with the Icon Tokens as well. Have 7 now for Gattuso, so I basically just need 13 for Maldini.

The way the links work it means I can mess around with my team quite a lot. Thinking about doing the Chinese League SBC twice to get the strong link between the new Left-Wing and that 5* WF Striker. Got Flashback Rooney, so I'm hoping that we get a TOTS Joe Bryan to link him etc.
  • BristolMDF
    1109 posts Professional
    Gattuso, Overmars or Prime Pack ....
  • wheelerdeeler

I wouldn’t do the Pack. There’s a chance you get Ronaldo, Gullit or Eusebio, but chances are you end up getting a Keeper.

I always say it depends on who you already have. If you need an upgrade for LW get Overmars etc. Although you can do Overmars and Gattuso if you go for it with the tokens.
  • They Caged Non

Pack Pack Pack Pack haha
  • They Caged Non
    This is my team, im gonna do the Icon pack as any player i get could probably fit into this. Laudrup looks great though and would boss that CM/CAM position instead of base Hagi, or even as striker but 86 finishing on such a high rated card is pretty rank.

YDIU1Z1.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    Have Martinez and Tagliafico gone into self isolation?
  • Pughy30
    27015 posts Player of the Year
    No confirmation on it yet but these Peter Whittinham rumours going around are awful what a player he was for Cardiff :/
  • BristolMDF
    1109 posts Professional
    edited March 17

I wouldn’t do the Pack. There’s a chance you get Ronaldo, Gullit or Eusebio, but chances are you end up getting a Keeper.

I always say it depends on who you already have. If you need an upgrade for LW get Overmars etc. Although you can do Overmars and Gattuso if you go for it with the tokens.

I have naff all. I haven’t really played and started a new club about a month ago from scratch. I have c. 300k, untradeable Griezmann, Casemiro, and Jo and James from the objectives. Plus 7 icon tokens and counting....

I really don’t play very seriously at all so I’m tempted to gamble on the pack and build something around whoever I get. I’ll play again seriously from the start of ‘21 but I’m really not bothered about 20.

Out of interest I’ve now played c. 150 games and still no web app access, what gives? I played about 200+ on my old account and didn’t have it there either. Can’t be right surely?
  • BristolMDF
    1109 posts Professional
    Christ just seen Peter Whittingham has died aged just 35. Incredibly tragic, remember him well from derby games with Cardiff, always seemed a model pro.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 17

I have naff all. I haven’t really played and started a new club about a month ago from scratch. I have c. 300k, untradeable Griezmann, Casemiro, and Jo and James from the objectives. Plus 7 icon tokens and counting....

I really don’t play very seriously at all so I’m tempted to gamble on the pack and build something around whoever I get. I’ll play again seriously from the start of ‘21 but I’m really not bothered about 20.

Out of interest I’ve now played c. 150 games and still no web app access, what gives? I played about 200+ on my old account and didn’t have it there either. Can’t be right surely?

Whenever I think about doing the Icon Pack I'm reminded of that Family Guy bit where Peter can choose between a Boat and a Mystery Box. "It could be anything, even a boat". In short, I'd just like to know what I'm getting for the time I put in to getting the tokens. If I were you I'd watch a few of the Prime Icon pack openings Youtubers are doing to give you an idea of the pack weight first. It's up to you though, it's only a game at the end of the day and we're in the end times.

Can't tell you anything about the Web App though, never had that problem. Would say go on EA Help, but they very rarely actually... well, help.
  • BristolMDF
    1109 posts Professional

Whenever I think about doing the Icon Pack I'm reminded of that Family Guy bit where Peter can choose between a Boat and a Mystery Box. "It could be anything, even a boat". In short, I'd just like to know what I'm getting for the time I put in to getting the tokens. It's up to you though, it's only a game at the end of the day and we're in the end times.

Can't tell you anything about the Web App though, never had that problem. Would say go on EA Help, but they very rarely actually... well, help.

Haha yeah completely get that. And if I really cared about the outcome I probably wouldn’t even consider it. But there’s no other low token option that particularly interests me and I probably won’t bother enough to grind enough to get anything in the 15-20 tokens range
  • wheelerdeeler
    The Whittingham thing could be fake news, hope it is.