Who are you choosing from Icon Swaps 3?

Comments

• Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    I dont think the baby version fits as a cam, if you give him a guardian he looks like a decent box to box mid. Not sure if i should take Zizou or Kaka + the pack
  • Waldog94
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Maldini and either pack or puyol
  • lewspaz
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can't wait to pick overmars then pack him in the prime icon pack
  • BadSeedsFC
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    Take the Laudrup and run!
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    lewspaz wrote: »
    Can't wait to pick overmars then pack him in the prime icon pack

How about you open the pack first 💡
  • DannySTFC
    10120 posts Has That Special Something
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ Zidane cdm? Hope it's a typo.

He could be played as a secondary CDM alongside a genuine CDM. He has 85 interceptions and tackling isn’t too bad, over 6 foot so with decent interceptions and decent size he could do a job there as more of a ball playing CDM.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    Pack and lampard for 19 you really can’t go wrong he will fit right next to my prime Scholes
  • joehuk
    8083 posts League Winner
    actually going to do the icon swaps this time.

100% taking Pack, garanteed absolute trash back but we'll see i'll take one last gamble.

this is how Icon Swaps should of been from the start.

Stage 1 - MIDS - odd good base
    Stage 2 - primes - odd good Mids
    Stage 3 - Moments - odd good primes
  • Arron xox
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    And also gatusso
  • TeeCBee
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    I cant decide, i wanted the Bergkamp when i first saw them, but then i also want the pack. Im thinking maybe Laudrup and the pack
  • OZero
    7673 posts League Winner
    Put it this way. Pack is for gambling, and if you failed, you can get Maldini Kaka Lampard etc for consolation.

On the other hand, if you don’t want to gamble, you can directly take Cannavaro Bergkamp Alberto etc. These are kinda end game icons.

Both strategies are fine. Just don’t get Zidane. It’s the most ridiculous one.
  • Frauenarzt
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bergkamp and Gattuso.
  • Safehands84
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    I already have prime dalglish untradable so tempted by Rush, but I'm a united fan from manchester In my mid 30s, my dad went home and away in the 70s I think he would disown me :D
  • Paulopudasso
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm, gonna try for gattuso and puyol
  • Batman442
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    And the prime icon pack, will do the prime icon pack first as would have to wait 6 weeks for Maldini anyway
  • Nick_stags
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gattuso and Maldini for me
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    People must be mad to take anything over 12 tokens. Mid May earliest to get the icon. I was thinking petit until I saw how far away it is. 1.4m now. Tots will be about too.
  • Primofusion
    1247 posts Professional
    Was going to do Maldini, but after research Puyol is the much better choice, which in turn changes my other options.
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2020
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ Zidane cdm? Hope it's a typo.

He could be played as a secondary CDM alongside a genuine CDM. He has 85 interceptions and tackling isn’t too bad, over 6 foot so with decent interceptions and decent size he could do a job there as more of a ball playing CDM.

Could be played as cdm yeah but imo that card is only viable for its branded position unfortunately. Better & cheaper options for dm.
    edit:typo
    Post edited by Swanz05 on
  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'll strive towards Maradona. I'll probably get Maldini and quit.

Wanted Koeman and Figo from last picks. Had more than enough at 20 tokens so took Raul and Koeman instead.

Just too much of a pain, relegaters, people quitting at kick off.

Get matched up against meta teams that arent going for objectives.

Mither but its not as if there's any tournaments or cups.
  • Dmb75
    1003 posts Professional
    Rush. I need a top tier striker and his card really stood out. No chance I can grind all the tokens again.
  • Mic2904
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t want to grind much more than 7 really so question for you all:

Get Pim Litmanen which I really liked when I tried him last week, or grind 1 more to get Rino Gattuso? Haven’t tried him yet and I do want a Version of Kante in my team bc at some point.
  • Nodge86
    Mic2904 wrote: »

Get Pim Litmanen which I really liked when I tried him last week, or grind 1 more to get Rino Gattuso? Haven’t tried him yet and I do want a Version of Kante in my team bc at some point.

I had a little look at Rino myself. Do you mean you want kante and he will replace Gattuso in the end or you want to play them both? If it’s partnership I’d go for it. If I’m spending coins I’d rather buy a top CAM than a top CDM
  • Chogau1
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maradona
  • Batman442
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    I'm changing my vote, after seeing all the bad pulls from the prime icon pack I'm just going to go with cannavaro
  • DannySTFC
    Batman442 wrote: »
    I'm changing my vote, after seeing all the bad pulls from the prime icon pack I'm just going to go with cannavaro

That’s a long, long wait just to get a CB regardless of how good he is, they’ll be tonnes of OP CBs by then already
  • Mic2904
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nodge86 wrote: »

I had a little look at Rino myself. Do you mean you want kante and he will replace Gattuso in the end or you want to play them both? If it’s partnership I’d go for it. If I’m spending coins I’d rather buy a top CAM than a top CDM

I would possibly only play with 1 CDM and therefore I would either have to let go Rino or don’t entertain Kante.
  • Chiss
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Does anyone have a list of the prime icons you can get in the pack?
  • DannySTFC
    Chiss wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of the prime icons you can get in the pack?

It’s on Futbin
  • Nodge86
    Nodge86 wrote: »

I would possibly only play with 1 CDM and therefore I would either have to let go Rino or don’t entertain Kante.

If you’re planning to replace him before you’ve even got him, it doesn’t seem like a sensible choice. Could buy and try.