Difference between switch and xbox version??

Michael_28
197 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a switch but still wanna play fifa, is there much difference between the 2 consoles versions as I've never seen ultimate team on the switch

Comments

• Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Switch runs on the old match engine. Witch is probably a good thing tbh. Couldn't tell you much more than that other than the switch versions card stats are sometimes different to everyone else's
  • ChappellRovers
    3141 posts National Call-Up
    Its really good. The game engine is essentially fifa 16 (no frostbite). We don’t get objectives, we don’t get rivals or weekend league. It is single player/online seasons, cups and drafts, thats it. We get SBC’s and promos but not all of them - we haven’t got the Copa promo, we didn’t get shapeshifters, Icon moments or winter refresh and we don’t get MOTM. Got all the others though. We don’t get league sbc’s and we also don’t get any POTM other than PL. It is a lot more casual than the xbox version and you see lots of different squads.
  • ChappellRovers
    Also its worth mentioning that theres no lag and no delay.
  • Michael_28
    Oooo that's actually selling it for me. Old fifa was definitely alot better. Maybe the initial price of the switch is worth it then
  • ChappellRovers
    Michael_28 wrote: »
    Oooo that's actually selling it for me. Old fifa was definitely alot better. Maybe the initial price of the switch is worth it then

I switched and knew a few others who did and we all love it over the other console versions.
  • Gingerboaby83
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    No weekend league or division rivals it’s the old league system from fifa 18. You don’t get rewards either or fut catalog. As someone said earlier we get about 50% of the promos, we missed winter upgrade and shapeshifters, also no icon swap tokens or league sbcs .

In saying that I moved from Xbox to switch in fifa 18 and have not regretted it. Gameplay is so much better and I find it more enjoyable. It uses the old ignite engine which for me was better. Game is faster paced as well. Will take you a while to get used to the transfer market as it’s a lot smaller and players are more expensive, especially op pl players and icons. But an all round better game I’d say.
  • LordVader
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you switch, you get Zelda. Enough said.
  • Prettyfly
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had Xbox fifa 20 and switch is WAY better you can actually pass a ball and cross and header etc none of the bull 💩 that the Xbox has. Only downside for me is the trading on switch is harder and more of a grind than Xbox as we don’t have a mobile app and the player pool /market is smaller but that means you’re not facing the same team usual fodder either there’s seems to be more team imagination
  • Prettyfly
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    And it’s not a total sweat fest in matches it’s much more enjoyable and very few rage quits too
  • Michael_28
    Just gone and brought the switch, now I can delete fifa 20 of the xbox haha