The post and crossbar

Purplejacket
3846 posts National Call-Up
You know the games coding is broken when prime icons and totys with 99 finishing hit the post or crossbar 3 times or more a game. EA should be ashamed.

Comments

• Destin8or
    5570 posts Big Money Move
    It's a mechanic to keep the score down.
  • Brownian_Motion
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Destin8or wrote: »
    It's a mechanic to keep the score down.

This.
  • cantonagod
    1321 posts Professional
    Yep- a lot more since the patch - so realistic as you see the post and bar hit 6-8 times a game in real life!!
  • I just see it as I'm skilful I hit the post or bar more times than I score, come on that takes skill
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Sometimes you can just tell when the game wants you to hit the crossbar. So many times I've taken a shot with not more than 2 bars of power, and the shot turns into a cannonball that looks like it has max power... and promptly slams into the crossbar.
  • pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Sometimes you can just tell when the game wants you to hit the crossbar. So many times I've taken a shot with not more than 2 bars of power, and the shot turns into a cannonball that looks like it has max power... and promptly slams into the crossbar.

A sure sign I'm gonna lose is when passing goes anywhere but my team, shooting is abysmal but the game before was good with great passing and good shooting what u would expect
  • Jonboyparker
    7183 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t mind hitting the post but it’s not even. What is really annoying is, I’ll hit the post 3 time with TOTY Mbappe, taking a regular 1V1 shot and then concede to a rebound zaha goal with their only shot on target.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7687 posts League Winner
    The higher finishing a player has makes them hit the post more. I think ea have even said this. It makes the shots go closer to the corner. I find that not boosting a players finishing past the low 90’s will actually result in hitting the post a little less often.
  • They Caged Non
    6504 posts Big Money Move
    I wish you got double goals for hitting them, id be in Div 1 by now haha.
  • Swanz05
    5553 posts Big Money Move
    The higher finishing a player has makes them hit the post more. I think ea have even said this. It makes the shots go closer to the corner. I find that not boosting a players finishing past the low 90’s will actually result in hitting the post a little less often.

Yes. My Ramos never hits the woodwork (or goal tbh). Gullit does though.
  • Jonboyparker
    7183 posts Big Money Move

That’s just messed up though, right? 🤦‍♂️ 😂
  • Swanz05

It is messed up - that it happens so often that is. I've read about it before & it's real imo. Not that I try to decrease finishing on players lol
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Swanz05 wrote: »

It is messed up - that it happens so often that is. I've read about it before & it's real imo. Not that I try to decrease finishing on players lol

Hmm. May try not using any chem styles that boost shooting see how it goes.
  • Swanz05
    Swanz05 wrote: »

Hmm. May try not using any chem styles that boost shooting see how it goes.

Thanks!