The Football Manager Lounge

Comments

• Shaanxz
    23478 posts Club Captain
    Mart wrote: »
    a6176a1bb2c1b47ee538333fd30a57f5.png
    bbe0104d59da07298ff290ea4df8df78.png
    Think I managed to get him 1.7iirc but I have him Denis suarez and Davy klassen
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Avoided relegation by goal difference :relieved:
    nice :)

Thanks. :) Had a dreadful end of the season, thought I was going to get relegated but the good goal difference was just enough. :relieved:
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    a219e6bbba29dd094a7c315ae6f6e1a6.png
    7909da2f2cc418e24493a3e7e185d978.png
    8d7ddd585838d06c1df58d4b43db2f88.png
    6a9d207e8268bbefac88def2823602f0.png
    All of these consecutive ffs
  • stickey
    14699 posts Has That Special Something
    Did you get relegated?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    yep
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Do players ever back down when they want to ask for more playing time? All I ever get is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like "As a player, I can make life very difficult for you."

Just tell them they can leave and they'll leave you in peace for a while, it's easier on the whole squad.
  • stickey
    Ash wrote: »
    yep
    Ah, unlucky. Is this the save you were thinking of making the thread about?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    stickey wrote: »
    yep
    Nah, that'll be with Degerfors IF

• stickey
    yep
    Cool, cool.

What season is this with Bochum? Any decent signings? Quick summary really if you're arsed.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    yep
    Cool, cool.

What season is this with Bochum? Any decent signings? Quick summary really if you're arsed.
    Think I'm in my fifth season now, we've had a few decent signings. Managed to get Fekir very early on, but his injuries has really stunted any chance of growth. We were quite unlucky to go down, went into the play-offs because of GD with 11 wins all season, we should really be enough but we only had something like 3 draws, soon as we pulled Hannover I knew we weren't staying up. They really are a jinx, kept my job comfortably though lel.
    current squad:0b38738a66efd39c92cfdde84fcdcc8f.png
    3c703b883626ffee520f50a993d5c659.png

dis lad though
    75d40b65fb3595cfa30bd49cff1095c2.png
  • Handy Andy
    6318 posts Big Money Move
    decided to sim a season and then pick a team from there. Checked the Prem table and...

7ff7de7dcab25b12e9b4243cda54be7a.png
    740fcc5dbc7234c28267f3e4400ce84e.png

West Ham got Champions League, Villa somehow finished 7th, and Saints got relegated, standard.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    decided to sim a season and then pick a team from there. Checked the Prem table and...

7ff7de7dcab25b12e9b4243cda54be7a.png
    740fcc5dbc7234c28267f3e4400ce84e.png

West Ham got Champions League, Villa somehow finished 7th, and Saints got relegated, standard.

Southampton would be a quality pick, at least you could remove some players but elevate youth of a high enough quality to compete.
  • mattk lfc
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    Keep trying to get back into my San Marino save but never seem to stick with it :(

Just qualified for Europa League and starting 2021/22 season
  • sufc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Think I might just go back to Zenit, every career I start ATM just gets to January and becomes boring
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    James Wilson has played 3 games for me and gotten 3 injuries in the process, what kind of a beta have I signed here
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    James Wilson has played 3 games for me and gotten 3 injuries in the process, what kind of a beta have I signed here

Maybe just lacking match fitness? Stick him in the reserves for 2 or 3 games to get up to speed.
  • stickey
    An Englishman in Germanland? Nutter.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I CAN'T FIELD A BENCH
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    76072c77071b9effdb1246d5353d7ca9.png
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is this, why are they making me play on an international break.
  • sufc wrote: »
    Think I might just go back to Zenit, every career I start ATM just gets to January and becomes boring
    Same with every save I start, I now regret deleting my litex and rosario central saves.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    @Handy Andy " Finances are weakening badly in mid December, the board having to inject cash to meet the regulations. Taking Tom Cleverley on loan probably didn't help matters lol but am building up a nice lead before I have to crisis sell in January.

458359f70ef46b9419b155e5046d1d46.png
  • Handy Andy
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    @Handy Andy " Finances are weakening badly in mid December, the board having to inject cash to meet the regulations. Taking Tom Cleverley on loan probably didn't help matters lol but am building up a nice lead before I have to crisis sell in January.

Nice :)

I have had the board do that a couple of times on Reading saves, not that it really helped much :/

Who do you think will go in January?
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

I have had the board do that a couple of times on Reading saves, not that it really helped much :/

Kramaric, Matty James and Drinkwater are the likely to go. Worth around a combined 20 or so million and starting to really push me for an exit.

I'll likely not be able to replace so Cleverley if he stays, Andy King and Jamie Vardy to take their place. Not quite the same unfortunately.
  • sufc
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gonna start with Anzhi Makhachkala, hopefully I won't give up after a few months again
  • Handy Andy

Kramaric, Matty James and Drinkwater are the likely to go. Worth around a combined 20 or so million and starting to really push me for an exit.

I'll likely not be able to replace so Cleverley if he stays, Andy King and Jamie Vardy to take their place. Not quite the same unfortunately.
    King has been pretty good for me in the prem, Vardy hasn't played a game though :tongue:

Tbh you probably only need 40 points from 25 games to go up, 93 should be enough.

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015

King has been pretty good for me in the prem, Vardy hasn't played a game though :tongue:

Tbh you probably only need 40 points from 25 games to go up, 93 should be enough.

Sounds an attainable total, the board only wanted the playoffs in the 1st place but with a contract that only lasts until the end of the season I'll probably leave no matter what they offer me.

Who did you pick after your sim season btw?
  • Handy Andy
    @Pieman25 started 2 separate saves, one with Southampton, one with City, on the City one atm :)

Playoffs will probably only need another 20-25 points, so you should be fine there :)

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    @Pieman25 started 2 separate saves, one with Southampton, one with City, on the City one atm :)

Playoffs will probably only need another 20-25 points, so you should be fine there :)

Let me know how you get on when you run the Southampton 1 mate, interested to see who you have to sell from that squad.

If Osvaldo returns he could tear apart morale in the squad right from the beginning.
  • Liam93
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2015
    Struggling to stick to a save as well at the moment.

Haven't managed in Spain in this years one I think so I've gone with Deportivo as my latest one. Hoping to stick with it long enough to get them back to the days where they were La Liga contenders in the early 2000's and even got to the UCL Semi-Final's. Remember them having Roy Makaay (Amazing), Diego Tristan, Pandiani and Albert Luque.
  • Dan13
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    This game is such a joke sometimes. I win 5 of out of my last 6 games to qualify for the promotion playoffs, then 4 of my starters go down with an injury before the playoffs and I go out 3-2 on agg. Not to mention they don't use away goals in Uruguay so I had to go to damn extra time