OT: cancel football or football without fans?

1
yosef167
1253 posts Professional
what would you prefer? now we have two UCL games are confirmed to be played without fans and more to come
i have watched juve vs inter game and turned it off after 2 minutes
Fans is the most important part of football and without them watching football doesnt feel like a fun or enjoying
should football be canceled beacuse of the coronavirus?

Comments

  • They Caged Non
    6040 posts Big Money Move
    I support Middlesbrough, we dont get many fans anyway.
  • Fab
    19467 posts World Class
    we cannot put lives at danger
  • DFC1983
    1237 posts Professional
    Cancel and abolish all results. Try again next season with same clubs in same competitions. o:)
  • They Caged Non
    6040 posts Big Money Move
    Fab wrote: »
    we cannot put lives at danger

    But those Arsenal fan TV goons, they can stay.
  • madwullie
    6433 posts Big Money Move
    Smaller clubs only survive by virtue of gate receipts. I'm not sure many could afford to play closed door games and still pay wages
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fab wrote: »
    we cannot put lives at danger

    But those Arsenal fan TV goons, they can stay.

    Omg I played on an ark survival server with one of them, real nasty and toxic.
  • AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    cancel PL before Liverpool wins the league and do all again
  • yosef167
    1253 posts Professional
    cancel PL before Liverpool wins the league and do all again

    i feel like liverpool league wont be counted 😌😌
    this was them final chance so 🙊✌
  • BeastlyHusla
    5812 posts Big Money Move
    Dont need fans.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    908 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 10
    I remember when Arsenal had the fake fans behind the goal was a giant billboard , whilst re building Highbury. Should bring that back
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    They can play crowd SFX from EA. They can also take Derek Rae and Lee Dixon and never give them back please and thank you.
  • Dixie81
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get the captain to do a thumb war winner gets 3 points, if no winner after 2 minutes then a draw so both teams gets 1 point 😂
  • Denz
    2660 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 10
    Should be simulated on fifa pro clubs, the players get on from their own homes and play as themselves.

    Streamed on twitch.

    When servers fail then the home team can choose a match of either fortnite or cod.
  • NornIron
    13546 posts Has That Special Something
    They should be cancelled there's no way the players will play at the same intensity as they would with fans there.
    It'll be like training matches.
  • Recoba10
    1552 posts Play-Off Hero
    yosef167 wrote: »
    what would you prefer? now we have two UCL games are confirmed to be played without fans and more to come
    i have watched juve vs inter game and turned it off after 2 minutes
    Fans is the most important part of football and without them watching football doesnt feel like a fun or enjoying
    should football be canceled beacuse of the coronavirus?

    I was excited to watch Juve Inter but I did the same and turned off my TV after 10 minutes. Now, same situation for PSG-Dortmund... such sadness….
  • Destin8or
    1032 posts Professional
    Cancel and make all results null and void.
    It's the only way to save us all 😉
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    15480 posts World Class
    If it means Liverpool don't win the league then yes please cancel it 😂
  • NornIron
    13546 posts Has That Special Something
    If it means Liverpool don't win the league then yes please cancel it 😂

    Even if they win it all the celebrating will be done at home, no public gatherings.
    Love Coronavirus already.
  • kraid
    4726 posts National Call-Up
    Just play the games with no fans and have every game streamable, as they did with the amazon prime games. They can add in crowd sound effects, or even just have a thousand hame supporters and 500 away and stick a mic in front of them.
  • Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    The next two weekends of La Liga and Segunda division will be played behind closed doors. This is only the beginning. I wonder how this could affect the Euros
  • NornIron
    13546 posts Has That Special Something
    Barresh wrote: »
    The next two weekends of La Liga and Segunda division will be played behind closed doors. This is only the beginning. I wonder how this could affect the Euros

    The playoffs are already being played behind closed doors, Bosnia v NI and Slovakia v ROI I'm expecting most of the matches this weekend in Britain to be a the same. Going by what I've heard.
  • yosef167
    1253 posts Professional
    kraid wrote: »
    Just play the games with no fans and have every game streamable, as they did with the amazon prime games. They can add in crowd sound effects, or even just have a thousand hame supporters and 500 away and stick a mic in front of them.
    yday they tried the crowd sound effect in israeli cup match and it was not effective enough

  • DaMMian
    1065 posts Professional
    DFC1983 wrote: »
    Cancel and abolish all results. Try again next season with same clubs in same competitions. o:)

    best idea
  • Lfc23
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    If it means Liverpool don't win the league then yes please cancel it 😂

    Even if they win it all the celebrating will be done at home, no public gatherings.
    Love Coronavirus already.

    It’s going to take more than Coronavirus to stop me partying for afew days 😂

    Weather there’s a homecoming or not I will not be sitting at home
  • Wonderfulwest
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    Football without the fans in the stadium is pointless
  • yosef167
    1253 posts Professional
    getafe doesnt want to travel to italy to play against inter
    City vs arsenal - match delayed
    things getting more serious now
  • Primofusion
    1061 posts Professional
    Rock Paper Scissors? But in hazmat suits.
  • Batman442
    4632 posts Big Money Move
    Football without fans for the rest of the season, will probably have a whole year without football. Seasons need to be finished. I think we would all prefer it with fans but the way things are it's best to be safe. It would be ridiculous having to come back and finish the end of a season which is what would happen. A league suspended isn't a league over, so for all the anti Liverpool post's, it will happen either way
  • yosef167
    1253 posts Professional
    Batman442 wrote: »
    Football without fans for the rest of the season, will probably have a whole year without football. Seasons need to be finished. I think we would all prefer it with fans but the way things are it's best to be safe. It would be ridiculous having to come back and finish the end of a season which is what would happen. A league suspended isn't a league over, so for all the anti Liverpool post's, it will happen either way

    just to correct you
    in case football year is cancelled it will count as a year without champions.
    next year would be fresh .. for european qualification there will be playoff to be played.
Sign In or Register to comment.