The clear and open communication that the madden developers have with the community

TDOF
2536 posts Fans' Favourite
edited March 9
Clint olderburg is madden developer, this guy tweets him with a clear issue in the game, in which two positions completely swap with each other

clint responds completely truthly (even though it's not what the guy might of hoped for) that he has completely no idea how that happens and they've tried multiple times to fix that issue but can't find the issue....

jOtNtO7.png

This is the type of communication we need with the fifa developers as well @EA_Roger

honest and direct.... open with the community even if it means that the issue might not be resolved soon

link to tweet:

Comments

• TDOF
    Stuff like this, would seriously make us (the community as a whole) feel like we're actually valued customers, and the guys working on this game actually care about us...
  • TDOF
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Meanwhile, fifa customers just get blocked when they ask questions :lol:

exactly... and they wonder why they get so much hate..
  • Hoopsterz
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think EA are too far gone.. They can't open a direct communication because filtering out the BS from the actual people wanting to help will be 90% abuse and BS and 10% useful.

They have turned the fifa community so against them i really don't know if they can ever come back and have the open conversations about what they are doing or struggling to fix etc.

Perfect example of how this could have been resolved and the community a better place if EA stepped up 2/3 years ago when initial customer feedback started getting really poor to talk about these things.. But they did then what they are doing now.. Providing us with updates on issues when they deem it fit which isn't very often rather that updating us as often as possible.
  • TDOF
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    I think EA are too far gone.. They can't open a direct communication because filtering out the BS from the actual people wanting to help will be 90% abuse and BS and 10% useful.

They have turned the fifa community so against them i really don't know if they can ever come back and have the open conversations about what they are doing or struggling to fix etc.

Perfect example of how this could have been resolved and the community a better place if EA stepped up 2/3 years ago when initial customer feedback started getting really poor to talk about these things.. But they did then what they are doing now.. Providing us with updates on issues when they deem it fit which isn't very often rather that updating us as often as possible.

It's never too late... yes you're right, if they were to start they would 100% get abuse thrown at them, no doubt about it.... this is where this fifa community is and the place EA put it in.... but if they do this more and more often... letting us know of the issues they're working on, eventually people would start to gain respect...

Madden devs never used to do it either.... and they still obviously get abuse but it's much better than being silent
  • Hoopsterz
    TDOF wrote: »

It's never too late... yes you're right, if they were to start they would 100% get abuse thrown at them, no doubt about it.... this is where this fifa community is and the place EA put it in.... but if they do this more and more often... letting us know of the issues they're working on, eventually people would start to gain respect...

Madden devs never used to do it either.... and they still obviously get abuse but it's much better than being silent

Im more thinking from EA point of view - they obviously dont care about us respecting them so what do they have to gain from it?

I can just imagine this sorta thing has been brought up before, maybe with the EA direct communications account testing the water, only for them to realise that 90% if not more can't provide constructive feedback but more just hurl abuse at them so what is the point?

They really need to do something and something fast as staying silent or issues (as I've learnt IRL) is never the best thing to do. When EA realise that then and only then may we get better communication.

This bronze one is a prime example.. We are expected to just accept that one tweet in 3 days about a reasonably big issue is okay.. That is NOT okay and need a tweet every day to make sure people are aware that it is still being looked at.

I've backed up EA on so many things this year but they keep just making bad decision after bad decision and i can't see a way back anymore.
  • TDOF

Im more thinking from EA point of view - they obviously dont care about us respecting them so what do they have to gain from it?

I can just imagine this sorta thing has been brought up before, maybe with the EA direct communications account testing the water, only for them to realise that 90% if not more can't provide constructive feedback but more just hurl abuse at them so what is the point?

They really need to do something and something fast as staying silent or issues (as I've learnt IRL) is never the best thing to do. When EA realise that then and only then may we get better communication.

This bronze one is a prime example.. We are expected to just accept that one tweet in 3 days about a reasonably big issue is okay.. That is NOT okay and need a tweet every day to make sure people are aware that it is still being looked at.

I've backed up EA on so many things this year but they keep just making bad decision after bad decision and i can't see a way back anymore.

Madden is also made by EA.... it's just this fifa community has been made so toxic by them it'll be hard for them to overturn this.... but the sooner they start the better..... at the end of the day their game is nothing without the people playing it
  • Hoopsterz

Madden is also made by EA.... it's just this fifa community has been made so toxic by them it'll be hard for them to overturn this.... but the sooner they start the better..... at the end of the day their game is nothing without the people playing it

I don't think Fifa devs or Fifa EA have worked this out yet!

Sorry when i say EA i did mean the fifa side as all other areas of EA seems a hell of a lot better.. Apex dev's respond and help the community with stuff all the time like the Madden example you put.

• KRANG00
    1857 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 9
    They honestly don't care as long as they sell Fifa points and unfortunately the game is just the shell used to sell those FIfa points these days.

So many people i know stopped playing and i literally don't know one person who buys FIfa points. But we are the minority and millions of people do spend money on this game despite the state of it and the way EA treat the community.

Until that changes this is what we will get

This community is so toxic and that starts at the top with EA
  • Ishibum
    14048 posts Has That Special Something

Sorry when i say EA i did mean the fifa side as all other areas of EA seems a hell of a lot better.. Apex dev's respond and help the community with stuff all the time like the Madden example you put.

As an outsider looking in, everything just points to the overall culture in Vancouver being off (I don't want to say EA as we have Madden devs here showing the contrary...also have Respawn and their active engagement with folk on the Apex Legends Reddit). You see the community folk treating the community with contempt while nothing is being said about the lag/delay issues (two 'pitch notes' since September isn't enough). The constant stream of mistakes shows the total lack of effort (or oversight for that matter) going into the continued support of a game that makes em millions. The amount of job listings associated with FIFA as well suggests a workplace where all isn't well.

I'm not going to suggest there will be any kind of revolution or that (I'll leave that to some of the special folk we have here who live in the Kurt bubble) but it definitely feels like we're seeing death by a thousand cuts (or, "ignore this as we need to focus on getting the ps5/Xbox X versions ready for launch). It's actually sad to see.
  • DaMMian
    1064 posts Professional
    every other game is fixed right after the premiere, not 5 months after the premiere LOL ea instead of adding tifo pro players, it may be worth hearing their opinion about the game
  • Hoopsterz
    Ishibum wrote: »

As an outsider looking in, everything just points to the overall culture in Vancouver being off (I don't want to say EA as we have Madden devs here showing the contrary...also have Respawn and their active engagement with folk on the Apex Legends Reddit). You see the community folk treating the community with contempt while nothing is being said about the lag/delay issues (two 'pitch notes' since September isn't enough). The constant stream of mistakes shows the total lack of effort (or oversight for that matter) going into the continued support of a game that makes em millions. The amount of job listings associated with FIFA as well suggests a workplace where all isn't well.

I'm not going to suggest there will be any kind of revolution or that (I'll leave that to some of the special folk we have here who live in the Kurt bubble) but it definitely feels like we're seeing death by a thousand cuts (or, "ignore this as we need to focus on getting the ps5/Xbox X versions ready for launch). It's actually sad to see.

Its really sad when you do see what good customer interaction can look like and from other EA departments!

A lot of those jobs are senior members of the FIFA team as well so that would suggest the first edition on the next gen consoles wont be any better if they have been changing/losing team members during the process of starting it.

Im not holding any hope that fifa 25 wont have the same issues as this fifa tbh.
  • BSDShoes
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    Madden is developed by a different group of people in a different headquarter, the EA Vancouver headquarter is where the toxic stuff is happening. EA NHL also comes from Vancouver and their end can be toxic too.
  • TDOF
    Yeah it's really sad that it really does seem like this EA team that's working on fifa is the only team that seems like they really just don't care about their customers "they'll keep complaining, but they'll keep buying points, why should we care" that's what it seems like with this team..
  • TDOF
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    Madden is developed by a different group of people in a different headquarter, the EA Vancouver headquarter is where the toxic stuff is happening. EA NHL also comes from Vancouver and their end can be toxic too.

yeah the madden team is from orlando in florida if im not mistaken.... maybe the canadian air is just toxic or something... who knows....
  • Hoopsterz
    edited March 9
    Yeah it's really sad that it really does seem like this EA team that's working on fifa is the only team that seems like they really just don't care about their customers "they'll keep complaining, but they'll keep buying points, why should we care" that's what it seems like with this team..

I do also think from their end it appears like people are complaining for the sake of complaining. Im sure thats how they write off all the bad publicity to the big boss's.

"How can there be anything wrong with the game when sales are up and we are making more profit than ever before. People will always look for an excuse when they lose"

I imagine that exact line has been said multiple times at EA Vancouver.
  • TDOF

I do also think from their end it appears like people are complaining for the sake of complaining. Im sure thats how they write off all the bad publicity to the big boss's.

"How can there be anything wrong with the game when sales are up and we are making more profit than ever before. People will always look for an excuse when they lose"

That's why more governments just need to come into this and do something about the gambling aspect of the game... that's the only way i see them opening up their eyes
  • Hoopsterz

That's why more governments just need to come into this and do something about the gambling aspect of the game... that's the only way i see them opening up their eyes

My only issue with that is a just see Fifa dev's finding a way around this.

They will probs spend more time and money either find a solution to keep the money rolling in or fighting government's to get these laws removed than they ever will making a great fifa game.
  • TDOF
    Also another thing to point out,

im quite sure EA have been voted as the worst company for like 4 or so years in a row, when in reality it's just the fifa team that's letting everyone down, makes EA as a whole look worse than they really are... (don't get me wrong EA as a whole obviously aren't perfect) but what this fifa team is doing is beyond a joke..

shows you the amount of people that play fifa compared to other games as well... it's obviously their number 1 seller and the worse service to customers
  • TDOF

My only issue with that is a just see Fifa dev's finding a way around this.

They will probs spend more time and money either find a solution to keep the money rolling in or fighting government's to get these laws removed than they ever will making a great fifa game.

Honestly every other option is much better to customers...

they either make FUT a subscription service, so they'll get money even of the people that don't spend money on packs..... and you earn packs just from rewards and so on

or they make a catalogue of players which you can just buy straight up with money (Messi for £50 for example)

both much better systems than the current...
  • TDOF
    Again.... i wish we had this madden team instead...