The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6816 posts Big Money Move
    AK47 has earned the start today. Playing a decent team today. Only change I would’ve looked at is McDonald for Arter.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    So I think we all know that a Bobby Reid goal today is inevitable, the little rat.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I did say we aren't the team to blow anyone away at the moment. Being unable to score more than 1 goal in a game is going to do us in long-term in-terms of the autos.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Also, did anyone think of the logic of not doing handshakes before the game, but then you're still allowed to have wrestling matches at set pieces (among other times everyone makes contact)? It's like putting a plaster on a shotgun wound.
  • Farlz
    8791 posts League Winner
    Can't believe the playoff sides this year have gifted Leeds promotion
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 7
    I've said all season Parker isn't good enough to get us automatics. It's why I wanted Wagner or Oscar Garcia last summer and why I wanted Jorge Sampaoli around Christmas when we'd lost 3 or 4 in a row and the pressure was on him. You see all the attacking options we have and we've scored 1 goal or less in 23 of our 37 games, and that's just shambolic.

And as I said the other day, we've dropped points to everyone in the relegation scrap apart from Huddersfield. You could say Hull fair enough because they still had Bowen and Grosicki and murdered us on the counter, but we've lost games to Barnsley (x2), Hull, Stoke, drawn with Luton away and only got 2 points off Charlton. In isolation draws like the one today aren't bad because it's away and Bristol City are up there as well, but it's not enough when you put it into that context where we've dropped a lot of points in the "winnable" games. Think it's 6/18 against the 3 promoted teams.
  • Hicksy2011
    15817 posts World Class
    After Bowen did so much for Hull
    They appear to be returning the favour by massively boosting his reputation by looking like a league 2 team without him
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 7
    Still think it's mental that they sold him and Grosicki on Deadline Day and they only signed Wilks who couldn't get a game for Barnsley as their replacement. Don't know if they thought they had enough of a cushion already or what but that's gone well for them. Remember seeing a stat before they played Leeds on TV last weekend that they haven't won in the league since New Years Day.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Tell you what, with the way they're playing if Wednesday get a points deduction they'll be right in the middle of the relegation scrap. Hope they sack Garry Monk before we play them because we never beat Garry Monk teams.
  • Farlz
    8791 posts League Winner
    up the royals @Handy Andy
  • Hicksy2011
    15817 posts World Class
    Completely outclassed again after a poor team selection again
    Still not won a game all season after going behind, suns Jackett up perfectly
    If plan A doesn’t work he has no idea what to do
  • dannyboy
    12878 posts Has That Special Something
    Top of the league, having a laugh.
  • AaronMFC
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    Biggest win of the season had to get above charlton almost everything went our way today as well. Beat hull in a couple of weeks and we're looking good to stay up.
  • Handy Andy
    5849 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »
    up the royals @Handy Andy

ITT we stan Meite
  • Hicksy2011
    15817 posts World Class
    In an attempt to be positive given that I’ve very much been a moaning myrtle since Cook completely messed up promotion in his first season
    What a performance by Alex Bass again today, 21 years of age and clearly the best keeper in the league, maybe not future England starter but if he doesn’t get at least 5 caps I’d be shocked
    Also Toney is v good although I don’t know how any team can justify buying him (just because he’s so good that you’d have to charge 10m, but also don’t see how a team could spend 10m on a L1 player that isn’t actually that young)
  • Hicksy2011
    15817 posts World Class
    edited March 7
    Already backtracking on the positivity

Think I’ve said it in here before but if a team actually bothers to attack us we are genuinely relegation fodder in this league
    Embarrassing
  • wheelerdeeler
    Doubt we've got many points away to the top teams so far this season. Mainly because we haven't played many of them yet.
  • Lard_Lad
    12691 posts Has That Special Something
    We’ve lost on game in 2020 so far, and that was against Man City, can’t believe how well things are going.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    We’ve lost on game in 2020 so far, and that was against Man City, can’t believe how well things are going.

Are you safe yet?
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    Fair result yesterday I thought @wheelerdeeler - think either side winning would have flattered us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 8
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Fair result yesterday I thought @wheelerdeeler - think either side winning would have flattered us.

I said it would be that sort of game the other day when you were talking about us battering you. We just aren't the team to blow other teams away like a Brentford, and the fact we can only score 1 goal a game is what will ultimately cost us automatics.
  • iHilarious
    13217 posts Has That Special Something
  • Hicksy2011
    15817 posts World Class
    Sheffield United after Alex Bass, Wilder truly is a football genius
  • Lard_Lad
    12691 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

Are you safe yet?

Probably.... just...
  • wheelerdeeler
    One of us. One of us. @Farlz
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    He’s coming home, he’s coming home, he’s coming.... @Farlz is coming home.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Just seen Villa's run of games coming up as well. Oof.
  • Farlz
    8791 posts League Winner
    Best league in the world right here
  • Farlz
    8791 posts League Winner
    Not that it would've made a difference tonight obviously but VAR is another reason I'm looking forward to my return.

They better not ❤️❤️❤️❤️ implement it next year or whatever.