Gave up on Bartra because chip shots count randomly

NinthFall
2699 posts National Call-Up
Right so I've pretty much scored 10~ chip shots now but only one has counted. It seems unless the commentators talk about the goal as a chip shot, it won't count. I know full well that they were chip shots, going directly over the goalkeeper.

It's not the first objective that doesn't function as it's supposed to. Nearly every time we're supposed to do some different objectives some of them seem to count randomly.

Comments

• fighter__noir
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Did you use La Liga players? For me it worked from 2 out of 2
  • ozcs_69
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    It's the easiest, and it's in squad battles and the confirmation usually is Martin shouting about the chip shot
  • Sodan70
    1331 posts Professional
    Easy to do with Jovic/Real Madrid.
  • NinthFall
    2699 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    Did you use La Liga players? For me it worked from 2 out of 2

Yeah I did. I noticed that one chip shot went over the arm of the GK which didn't count so I concluded that it must go ovet the head which is ridiculous
  • Supernibz
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Git gud and you’ll score chip shots easy
  • Sodan70
    1331 posts Professional
    Just do it with a player who has the chip shot trait.
    Used my Jovic 87 who is in my fitness team.
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero
    Isco nailed it for me ...but yeah gotta go over the keepers head...has to set off game clip recorded on the xbox or it hasn't counted
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    Isco nailed it for me ...but yeah gotta go over the keepers head...has to set off game clip recorded on the xbox or it hasn't counted

Unless you disable that feature like i have done, the games lags like hell when its recording and uploading a video.

I do loads of chip shots anyway but its 100% easier to do in Rivals than SB, keepers never rush you in SB, whereas pretty much everyone rushes the keeper out in Rivals.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite

Unless you disable that feature like i have done, the games lags like hell when its recording and uploading a video.

I do loads of chip shots anyway but its 100% easier to do in Rivals than SB, keepers never rush you in SB, whereas pretty much everyone rushes the keeper out in Rivals.

Easiest way to chip over the keeper is by going face to face in his box, then do a simple chip shot, usually they dive backwards
  • They Caged Non

Easiest way to chip over the keeper is by going face to face in his box, then do a simple chip shot, usually they dive backwards

Ive found through on goal then lob him as he rushes out is most effective. It took me no time at all to do that Bartra objective.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    I can't win with scoring with a Spanish player. Simply because EA and their stupidity put everything in Rivals. They know of the problem. No one is able to commit themselves to play this game 24/7, yet they think that everyone is as good as those drop league
  • They Caged Non
    Pooter wrote: »
    I can't win with scoring with a Spanish player. Simply because EA and their stupidity put everything in Rivals. They know of the problem. No one is able to commit themselves to play this game 24/7, yet they think that everyone is as good as those drop league

I did them in div 6/7 which is good for me, if you are in higher divs i dare say its a nightmare.
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do it on a penalty.
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero

..is that right?? ive not noticed......thought you have to share the video for it to get uploaded?? otherwise it just sat there just on your box...

..mind you I have conceeded a few kickoff goals straight away in rivals thanks to the notification blocking the screen :s ...might be just as well to turn it off anyway then...
  • PiotrLolo
    3529 posts National Call-Up

I did this but lost many games in the process. Started good, 4 wins in maybe 6 games but then s..t hit the fan. I was in Div 5 (around 1100 points), now in Div 6 (somewhere around 800). Almost every game started with quick 0:1 or 0:2 for the opponent. I decided to quit every game in which this happens. Doing objectives goes much faster and you stress less. Screw the coins, screw the rank. Just show the middle finger to your TV/monitor, quit the game and start the next one :lol:
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    PiotrLolo wrote: »

I did this but lost many games in the process. Started good, 4 wins in maybe 6 games but then s..t hit the fan. I was in Div 5 (around 1100 points), now in Div 6 (somewhere around 800). Almost every game started with quick 0:1 or 0:2 for the opponent. I decided to quit every game in which this happens. Doing objectives goes much faster and you stress less. Screw the coins, screw the rank. Just show the middle finger to your TV/monitor, quit the game and start the next one :lol:

I'm in Div 8, facing every relegated player that has self relegated, just for that purpose, only to face their WL team in the process of getting back up
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Liam W wrote: »
    Do it on a penalty.

^This if possible and also a couple of things I've learnt from you guys is that, it only seems to count as a goal when:
    • The ball is chipped over the line and doesn't bounce before that
    • The ball is chipped over the keeper
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Supernibz wrote: »
    Git gud and you’ll score chip shots easy

giphy.gif
  • Supernibz
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special

😎
  • Chogau1
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did him, no good other than rb on stay back
  • Markman007
    4873 posts National Call-Up
    The chip has got to go over the keeper’s head and not bounce before it goes over the goal line.
  • Markman007 wrote: »
    The chip has got to go over the keeper’s head and not bounce before it goes over the goal line.

This
  • truegunn3r
    13151 posts World Class
    edited March 2020
    I noticed it. Chip shots didn’t work for me from ground crosses. They only worked when I took an extra touch and when they actually were lobbed over the keeper. Anyway, you’re out of time now.
  • limjitwe
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    I did it with Benzema. I find it’s easier if you’re through on goal with a counter attack. Then you’re isolated with the gk. Do it against those lame bronze teams.
  • truegunn3r
    13151 posts World Class
    limjitwe wrote: »
    I did it with Benzema. I find it’s easier if you’re through on goal with a counter attack. Then you’re isolated with the gk. Do it against those lame bronze teams.

He’s out of time now. Expires in 2 minutes
  • limjitwe
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    truegunn3r wrote: »

Oh damn. Didn’t realise. :(
  • truegunn3r
    13151 posts World Class
    edited March 2020
    truegunn3r wrote: »

Oh damn. Didn’t realise. :(
    Tbh, it’s his fault. How can you not complete an objective when you had a whole week to do it against unlimited bronze teams at professional difficulty which did not even require you to win?
  • Chogau1
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The idiotic part is that this kind of objectives force you to do weird stuff in game, I had to concede numerous corners to be able to have more chances to counter...even then the bronze goalie just sits on the line waiting for inevitable
  • Chogau1 wrote: »
    The idiotic part is that this kind of objectives force you to do weird stuff in game, I had to concede numerous corners to be able to have more chances to counter...even then the bronze goalie just sits on the line waiting for inevitable

100% .....couldn’t begin to count how many times I’ve given the ball away in rivals recently because I’ve been preoccupied with “...right where’s that blonde haired goon Odergaard gone???..”
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I had issues with the chip shots not counting.

Somebody on here suggested using Inaki Williams because he has the chip shot trait. Sure enough, 2 games later it was complete.

Maybe the instructions should have said with a player with chip shot trait.