Shapeshifers SBC out now!

Comments

• Headshrinker363
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    To be fair, we have had way way worse SBC and most of the Shapeshifters are worth more than the SBC will cost. And some of them (who maybe 1 in 1000 will pack) are way above the 1 million mark.

In terms of gambling this lottery ticket is fair prized I think

Thing is, each number in a lottery has an even chance of being drawn.

As we all know, this SBC will be heavily, heavily weighted toward giving people cards that are worth 180k less than the value they put in to it.

And if you think 1 in 1000 will pack a 1m+ player, you're living in dreamland. More like 1 in 100,000 or even worse.

Thing is, you have more chance of matching 3 balls than 6. More chance of getting a lesser prize than the jackpot in the lottery.

Well, yes. And you'd still make a profit if you matched three balls.

Here, the worst prize loses you 180k or so.

The worst prize is matching no balls and losing everything.
  • Carlo
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Carlo wrote: »
    What a valuable exchange for me

Wasted this 01432fc9a2a3a1562d582f95910c29fb.jpg

To get this d2a72830c67a56855597ac749d5b1441.jpg

I guess EA can you all know what

Horaaaaay...you get the prize for the dumbest for users of the year :cookie::joy:

loooooooooooool at everybody :D None of these can get into my 1st eleven so why wouldn't I submit them :D
  • Moose Factory
    4576 posts National Call-Up

This can't be truth :D what a laugh.
  • Carlo wrote: »

Horaaaaay...you get the prize for the dumbest for users of the year :cookie::joy:

loooooooooooool at everybody :D None of these can get into my 1st eleven so why wouldn't I submit them :D

You're right. But you could've sat on it and used it for a better SBC but then again its your cards so u can do as you wish with them.
  • Carlo
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero

You're right. But you could've sat on it and used it for a better SBC but then again its your cards so u can do as you wish with them.

Man, I didn't spend a penny on this sbc...

Here's my main squad (nothing fabulous though) 6b675dc994149303d16af0ff3301efba.jpg
  • czesiek
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    What's the problem? He used players who are not usable for him anymore to play for one of usable ones (Messi, Ronaldo, maybe few another). So it was reasonable for him.
    Not everyone is using 500k team at this stage of the game.
  • Idek
    14210 posts Has That Special Something

May as well get rid of cards you don't use but could've probably saved the 93 for a higher rated sbc in the future
  • Carlo
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    Idek wrote: »

May as well get rid of cards you don't use but could've probably saved the 93 for a higher rated sbc in the future

You're right for the 93... I really liked him though I got a 97 alisson waiting on the bench ( worst GK Ever ) to be submitted on a better Sbc :)
  • Jrmcsorley85
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    got atal, not sure if am happy or sad lol....
  • Al_HFX
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    David Alaba.
  • Sean123_
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Packed Atal,, anyone know if he’s any good? 300k player can’t be bad but yet to use..
  • SuperKMx
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 4
    People aren't considering the untradeable value of @Carlo's cards. There's 1.3m coins worth of cards there...if they were tradeable.

As untradeable cards that don't fit into his team, they're only worth their rating. I make that about 270k worth of cards submitted in that case. Futbin has the SBC at 225k on PS4, so he's only 45k over the cheapest price.

I would have held them for a better SBC or an SBC with a guaranteed return, but that's me. Sucks that you didn't pack what you wanted, dude.
  • Bapinho
    2521 posts Fans' Favourite
    yeah i dont really see the fuzz either; if the cards wont make it to your team theyre worthless anyway except for some objectives maybe here and there. I was tempted to put untradable IF firmino in for same reason. Only not did it cause i saw i had a untradble 88 ilicic still in my club who i had as investment cause he was quite low back then and firmino could be semi usable for future objectives
  • ozcs_69
    3939 posts National Call-Up

Here's my main squad (nothing fabulous though) 6b675dc994149303d16af0ff3301efba.jpg

I stand corrected
  • Carlo
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    People aren't considering the untradeable value of @Carlo's cards. There's 1.3m coins worth of cards there...if they were tradeable.

As untradeable cards that don't fit into his team, they're only worth their rating. I make that about 270k worth of cards submitted in that case. Futbin has the SBC at 225k on PS4, so he's only 45k over the cheapest price.

I would have held them for a better SBC or an SBC with a guaranteed return, but that's me. Sucks that you didn't pack what you wanted, dude.

I have enough players in the club to get a 1m sbc for free if anything pops up or clear off 1m off the list of any expensive SBC... I posted my team already and if anyone thinks that any of those players would fit there is welcome to share how could've they been used other than putting them into SBC ..

TO be completely honest I am bored of the game, not going to trade anymore, not going to tryhard and play every week's Rivals and WL so why wouldn't I do it? I don't want to have 2 teams. My main squad is still around 5-6m and I got 1,8m cash( probably 2 after rewards tomorrow as I rarely finish below gold 1)
  • Carlo
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero

I stand corrected

(bow)
  • RexAnglo1066
    3061 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah...but nahhhh
  • Dolly_2006_
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    Used untradeables and packed mbabu, got his europa league card already though
  • kraid
    4587 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 4
    One of the few that actually goes into my starting 11. Chuffed

iQ3ykqK.jpg
  • Bapinho
    2521 posts Fans' Favourite
    kraid wrote: »
    One of the few that actually goes into my starting 11. Chuffed

iQ3ykqK.jpg

GG nice pull! Im hoping for him or ronnie tbh
  • BeastlyHusla
    5806 posts Big Money Move
    Mbabu mainly would fit into my team. As I didn't do UEL Mbabu.

Alaba would've been alright, if I didn't do Zakaria SBC.
  • Mr. Soper
    2631 posts National Call-Up
    got Atal. Wont make my main squad, but 4 star skills and 5 star weak foot, I'm sure I'll get some use out of him.

Now I'm tempted to do another. Did the first one for nothing with untradables. Think I could squeeze one more out but would drain the club of all my big players. hmmmmmmmm
  • ChappellRovers
    2969 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 4
    Don’t understand why anyone would do this if i’m being honest. If it was tradeable it would be different.
  • Chewbaccary
    1343 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don’t understand why anyone would do this if i’m being honest. If it was tradeable it would be different.

I'll explain my personal reasoning:

I already have a deep and strong club, to the extent that I pass on most player SBCs. In this promo alone I've passed on Rooney, Zakaria, Mkhi, etc. The only card I've done this promo is Mackay-Steven, who was ~30k.

I have about 200k in untradeables. This SS player set is pretty strong. Even the bad cards can be used for icon swaps objectives, which are coming soon. And you have a non-zero chance at a monster card like Messi, CR7, Marcelo, Ribery, WBY.

So basically, factoring in untradeables, it's a cheap-ish dice roll to get a great player (best case scenario) or a decent objective card (worst case scenario).

You can say "save your untradeables for a better SBC", but EA are stingy with SBCs and generally don't offer elite stuff there (you could argue Ramos, but I would say no as a RB). So why not burn them now and take the flyer? It's a chance to hit something huge, and you will get more untradeables in the future from season packs, etc.
  • Funkcrush
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    100k plus untradeables, only one I may miss one day was Ziyech, got 92 CB Kante back.

Kinda happy but I already have Koeman with whom I have the same problem (switch to CDM in game)
  • Vezzo
    1166 posts Professional
    Portugal... troll
  • DannySTFC
    3518 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 5
    It’s expensive, but I’m surprised by some of the comments on here, there’s a good bunch of absolutely insane players you COULD get, yeah you probably won’t, but most people have a lot of coins and untradables at this stage, what’s 100k and a few untradables in March? Nothing really, you’ll probably pack something crap but I’d 100% prefer to have that tiny chance of getting Messi, CR7, WBY, Kante, Marcelo etc etc then sit on the coins and do nothing with them.

Everyday I’m checking at 6pm for content and there hasn’t been much excitement for a while, wanted the icon SBC to be honest which would have been better but at least this brings some excitement to the content. If people don’t want to do it then fine, but I’d suggest most people have very good teams at this point of the year plus spare coins so just go for it, it’s worth the gamble.

I took the gamble on base icon pack from swaps, for Cruyff, gambled with the winter refresh SBC and got Bruno, so it can pay off, this time I got Pereira, not exactly the thrilling card I was hoping for but still a good card nonetheless, personally I wish they did an SBC like this at the end of every promo, even if it’s 200k no ones forcing you to do it.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    15328 posts World Class
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    got Atal. Wont make my main squad, but 4 star skills and 5 star weak foot, I'm sure I'll get some use out of him.

Now I'm tempted to do another. Did the first one for nothing with untradables. Think I could squeeze one more out but would drain the club of all my big players. hmmmmmmmm

Who wants to tell him it's not repeatable?
  • Barry Allannnn
    1075 posts Professional
    Used untradeables as I only had 8k coins left. Got Ben yedder, not used any of his cards other than 83 at the start of the game. Should be decent I think.
  • ChappellRovers
    2969 posts National Call-Up

I'll explain my personal reasoning:

I already have a deep and strong club, to the extent that I pass on most player SBCs. In this promo alone I've passed on Rooney, Zakaria, Mkhi, etc. The only card I've done this promo is Mackay-Steven, who was ~30k.

I have about 200k in untradeables. This SS player set is pretty strong. Even the bad cards can be used for icon swaps objectives, which are coming soon. And you have a non-zero chance at a monster card like Messi, CR7, Marcelo, Ribery, WBY.

So basically, factoring in untradeables, it's a cheap-ish dice roll to get a great player (best case scenario) or a decent objective card (worst case scenario).

You can say "save your untradeables for a better SBC", but EA are stingy with SBCs and generally don't offer elite stuff there (you could argue Ramos, but I would say no as a RB). So why not burn them now and take the flyer? It's a chance to hit something huge, and you will get more untradeables in the future from season packs, etc.

Fair enough thanks for explaining, I was just wondering as it seems like a trap to me.