Are you on Team EA or Team Kurt?

Comments

  • Warrrap
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Team Kurt
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I actually don't understand why so many people take issue with what EA have done here. Like any business they are entitled to decide who they want to promote their products and be associated with them. Due to the content of Kurt's streams (including the chat element) they don't want that negativity and hostility associated with their product - so they're stopping him using it publicly. He can play it all he wants, but he has no right to expect be to be allowed to make money from it.

    If they don't want that negativity and hostility associated with their product, they need to ban a lot of people. Because the negativity around fifa is bigger than ever.
  • Team EA
    mUpXvwT.jpg
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    Team EA
    Warrrap wrote: »
    If they don't want that negativity and hostility associated with their product, they need to ban a lot of people. Because the negativity around fifa is bigger than ever.

    I don't disagree with that, they are entitled to stop any of them use the product publicly.

  • Diggy
    14890 posts Has That Special Something
    Team Kurt
    I support ‘The magnificent mayor of Rage quit city’
  • SuperKMx
    3193 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 4
    Team Kurt
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I actually don't understand why so many people take issue with what EA have done here.

    Ok. Purely hypothetically, let's say you buy FIFA 21 and spend $2k on FIFA Points. You play the game for a couple of months and then at Christmas, you decide to stream a FUT Champs run with a bronze team on Twitch for a bit of a laugh. No advertising. No money changing hands. Just you streaming your gameplay to four mates.

    Suddenly, a new viewer appears called "DefinitelyNotAnEAEmployee" and doesn't say anything in the chat.

    You say "Man, this is so unresponsive. I can't do anything with my team..."

    But your stream is taken down before you finish the sentence and say "...because they're bronze players."

    EA have decided that they don't want you streaming their game because of the negative thing you said. Your Twitch channel is banned for a "copyright violation" while 200 other people are still streaming their FUT Champs run without somehow violating copyright, even though they're doing the exact same thing that you were.

    You tweet out: "Man, my Twitch channel has been banned because of @EAHelp. Can any lawyers in the house tell me if they're allowed to do that or not?"

    Then EA bans your EA Account and you lose your team, the $2k worth of packs that you bought, and any FIFA Points you had left over, because they've decided that your tweet constitutes a legal threat.

    You create a new account and post a screenshot in a Tweet of the great pull you got from the Advanced SBC you just did. Your new team name is showing in the screenshot.

    EA bans your account again.

    Now, the situation I've described is not the same as the one Kurt finds himself in. But in a world where EA can keep chasing after a guy that has been punished and is no longer doing anything wrong, it's not long before the situation I described isn't so far-fetched.

    What you're saying is that if they think that anything you do with the game you purchased is somehow negative or something they "don't want to be associated with" they can take down your account and your Twitch stream and take all of your players because...well...that's their right, right?
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    Team EA
    You mean he doesn't have the same rights as many others on Youtube and twitch? Banning his account was fair enough and he lost thousands but to attack his channel and income because he is becoming too popular is out or order.

    Watch any streamer and see the negativity and anger at the game towards EA, there is even a big streamer who shouted the N word at a player live and he is allowed to stream. If that isn't racist abuse then what is.

    They have targeted Kurt and keep targeting him, no doubt when he goes to PES they will keep attacking. This is a personal issue with someone who has such an ego he is trying to ruin Kurt's career. Not saying Kurt doesn't have a big ego either.

    I fully appreciate that he is being targeted - but he is being targeted for a reason. EAs default position is anyone can stream if they want as generally speaking any publicity is good publicity. In this case it isn't in their view, so they are stopping him, or at least attempting to.

    The other streamer you've referred to should also be banned in my opinion. But two wrongs do not make a right, you can't say they didn't ban X so Y can do what they like.

    This may indeed all stem from a personal issue, but one said person is an employee of EA and the other is one who tries to use EAs product to earn a living while insulting that employee. So surely it's Kurt who should be trying to resolve this?

    For the record, I think FIFA 20 is an awful gaming experience and the continual errors in FUT around SBCs etc make the whole product offering this year a bit of a disgrace. But that's not reason to abuse any individual person, and as it's not my product, I've no right to think I should be able to use it as I wish in an attempt to earn money.
  • They Caged Non
    6396 posts Big Money Move
    Both as bad as each other, but the large corporate company is embarrassing itself.
  • Team Kurt
    ...I'll back Kurt until the end and anyone else who stands against EA. We the people have the power to topple power hungry dictatorships, throughout history we always have done. For those of you that think EA is too big and too powerful, you've already lost. The times are changing, and I know what side I want to be on when it happens.
  • Marleigh
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    SuperKMx wrote: »

    Now, the situation I've described is not the same as the one Kurt finds himself in. But in a world where EA can keep chasing after a guy that has been punished and is no longer doing anything wrong, it's not long before the situation I described isn't so far-fetched.

    What you're saying is that if they think that anything you do with the game you purchased is somehow negative or something they "don't want to be associated with" they can take down your account and your Twitch stream because...well...who's going to stop them?

    but Kurt is doing something wrong, streaming the game. It's not a right it's a privilege and EA revoked that privilege because of something Kurt did. Its almost like actions have consequences.

  • Futfanatic
    15455 posts World Class
    edited March 4
    Team Kurt
    EA- I voted ea cba to fully mention why but dam I wanted a proper vote! Could @Futfanatic eat all 80 popcorn chicken from kfc ! I reckon he couldn’t I did though 🥳

    Can confirm I can eat all 80 popcorn chicken
  • CeeQue
    13164 posts Has That Special Something
    Team Kurt
    full
  • unxius
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    The best thing and only thing that the supporters of team kurt can do . Is not use any EA products or anything to do with them . I like somethings EA do , so for me , there are no sides .
    Because me personally if I was to say I'm team kurt and still use this forum and play their games .
    Then I would still be supporting EA at the same time . Which is going against what I would be saying . I would personally see it , if it was me , as saying I hate someone , then going to the pub with them and my view is I couldnt do that but that's just me . Everyones different .
    Like some people support United and others city .
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited March 4
    Team EA
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    What you're saying is that if they think that anything you do with the game you purchased is somehow negative or something they "don't want to be associated with" they can take down your account and your Twitch stream because...well...who's going to stop them?

    Correct. Ultimately this all comes back to the T&C's, none of us have any right to do anything other than play the game in our own homes. Now we can argue all day about hypothetical situations and suggest that this is an inconsistent personal attack on Kurt, but as far as I'm aware he's the only large streamer who made personal attacks on EA employees. So there is no precedent? I could be wrong, apologies if I am.
  • Eyeball
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Marleigh wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »

    Now, the situation I've described is not the same as the one Kurt finds himself in. But in a world where EA can keep chasing after a guy that has been punished and is no longer doing anything wrong, it's not long before the situation I described isn't so far-fetched.

    What you're saying is that if they think that anything you do with the game you purchased is somehow negative or something they "don't want to be associated with" they can take down your account and your Twitch stream because...well...who's going to stop them?

    but Kurt is doing something wrong, streaming the game. It's not a right it's a privilege and EA revoked that privilege because of something Kurt did. Its almost like actions have consequences.
    I expect Kurt would say it's crazy to believe it isn't a goddamn right for him to be able to stream the way he does. :bawling:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14432 posts World Class
    Team Kurt
    Kurt is with the consumer because he bloody is one 😂 we are all consumers and we all know this game is guff, so why are people still fighting the corner of EA is beyond me... Nothing to do with curt. Do you think as a customer, EA's service has been up to par? I don't
  • BeastlyHusla
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    Team Kurt
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    I'm in team: Kurt hates fifa and EA and EA hates and has rejected Kurt.

    So why doesn't kurt just find another game to play.
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    I'm in team: Kurt hates fifa and EA and EA hates and has rejected Kurt.

    So why doesn't kurt just find another game to play.

    Don't be dumb.

    He has built his fanbase through FIFA, switching to other games is going to lose him a ton of viewers.

    Even the biggest streamers in the industry lose views when they stream other games other than one one they built on.


    All he does is b/+× and whine about Fifa AND EA and their employees.

    He cant love it that much. Therefore he does hate fifa, kick off goals etc. Walls out of tournaments etc.

    Life is more than just streaming games you hate?

    You're telling me you like playing with kick off goals, over load ball side, ai intercepting, 1depth, etc

    This game has come a long way but it ends up being the same every year. EA fooled you and us.. stop being in denial.

    How can it have come a long way and still be the same every year?

    If you were fooled, and many were, that's on you...but it doesn't mean everyone was.

    Honestly, if you bought this game in September/October and believed it was a revolution, and E.A had changed and would finally listen to us, the community, and it would all be wonderful, then yes, you were fooled.

    Remember, Kurt praised the game at first, and it was only as the subsequent patches chipped away at its playability that people started complaining.

    But, didn't they, E.A, do exactly the same thing last year?

    The year before?

    Will they do it again this year?

    Didn't the playerbase do exactly the same thing last year too?

    Swore that was it, no more, they were done...yet, here we are.

    It's time to actually have a little reality check and to appreciate what we are going to get each year.

    We'll effectively get the same game, with updated licences, more/as many intrusive microtransactions and terrible pack rewards, and at release it'll be great and the community will praise the game and say "finally, they listened to us"; only, by Christmas, it will be a shadow of its former self and 6 months of angry recriminations will start which will see E.A compared to the living embodiment of the Devil himself, on par with genocidal death squads and dictators...until the new beta/demo raises expectations and the whole sorry charade starts again.

    Rinse, repeat, kerr-ching!!!!

    Without;

    1) A competitor to scare them into action
    or
    2) A full scale boycott that is so effective it fundamentally affects the bottom line

    Nothing will change.

    Notice both are, ultimately, about the same thing?

    Revenue.

    That's the begin, the middle, the end.

    It is all that matters to the producer.

    Affect that and you affect change.

    Such a long ❤️❤️❤️❤️ read, damn. And all those new paragraphs per sentence. Oof.

    Game has come a long way. tackling, shooting, tactics etc. But it becomes same as every year where it feels like it's been unchanged from previous. This game right now plays like fifa 19.
    And yes, I bought this game solely from them telling me they had improved tackling, shooting etc. And it felt like that on release. The patch straight after had changed the game not for better but worse. So yeah, I was fooled and many others who had enjoyed that initial new gameplay.

  • SuperKMx
    3193 posts National Call-Up
    Team Kurt
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    What you're saying is that if they think that anything you do with the game you purchased is somehow negative or something they "don't want to be associated with" they can take down your account and your Twitch stream because...well...who's going to stop them?

    Correct. Ultimately this all comes back to the T&C's, none of us have any right to do anything other than play the game in our own homes.

    Indeed, that's correct.

    Until our accounts are banned because we said something EA didn't like and those rights are removed.

    Or until we haven't tweeted "I love EA SPORTS FIFA 27" the required number of times in a day to unlock the right to play Squad Battles.

    All I'm saying is that this sets a precedent that isn't particularly great.

    They took his account on which he had spent considerable amounts of money. That should have served as punishment enough. He hasn't done anything "wrong" since then, but is continuing to be punished.

    When will he be allowed to have the same rights as others seem to have, again? 2025? 2030? 2040? Never?
  • Lunaticgav
    40 posts Park Captain
    Team Kurt
    As I have said in another post, ea now are 100% in the wrong due to the fact he accepted his ban, kind of made an apology other than to a certain individual, made a new account and wanted to move forward. but ea kept going for him and are still doing so, I cant believe such a large company if not one of the biggest gaming company's is selecting 1 man to take down, surely they have way more important issues to deal with than this ! What irritates me more than all this is the fact they ban posts on feedback for the game they ask for. merely asking about sbc or change in the game for that matter. Boggles the mind. My opinion is he should be allowed to play fifa under a new account and live stream if he chooses to.
  • TheMightyBee
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    Team Kurt
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    What you're saying is that if they think that anything you do with the game you purchased is somehow negative or something they "don't want to be associated with" they can take down your account and your Twitch stream because...well...who's going to stop them?

    Correct. Ultimately this all comes back to the T&C's, none of us have any right to do anything other than play the game in our own homes. Now we can argue all day about hypothetical situations and suggest that this is an inconsistent personal attack on Kurt, but as far as I'm aware he's the only large streamer who made personal attacks on EA employees. So there is no precedent? I could be wrong, apologies if I am.

    You could argue they attacked his living first by banning him from being a pro. They were uncomfortable with his personality so used his streaming to ban him after he raged in a joking way on stream. There are examples of Bateson and Castro telling opponents to 'suck their ❤️❤️❤️❤️' and also calling the other player a '❤️❤️❤️❤️' during live streams.

    They are golden boys so this is ok :) Seems like personal attacks to me, the same kind they Kurt got banned for originally. This is a business move as Kurt is too big and they are aggressively and strategically attacking him for that reason. The personal feud with an employee doesn't help.

  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    Team EA
    SuperKMx wrote: »

    All I'm saying is that this sets a precedent that isn't particularly great.

    That's the real issue here to be honest. On a basic level I think we probably agree here, it's just that you're assuming this will escalate and lead to more bans for more trivial infringements, whereas I'm assuming that this sort of action will set a precedent that will be restricted to extreme circumstances. Hopefully I'm not being naive.
  • Riotiga
    879 posts Professional
    Team EA
    Now give me my SS CR7 in the SS sbc EA.
  • joehuk
    4767 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 4
    Team Kurt
    I feel he's being targeted while I understand why EA banned his main account to give him the message if he wants to continue playing he can make a new account even if it was generic message there was no mention of this in the email to him that he isn't allowed

    Which is what he does what gets me they ban his new account then targets his twitch channel this is going to far Imo.

    I'm sure EA have said something about a certain post....... oh wait.
  • alex1987
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    Team Kurt
    This turned out in EA singleing out and straight forward bullying a person.
    It's extremely petty and pathetic coming from a multi billion company.
  • MxMLover
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    Team Kurt
    Screw ea and there ...... things that happen ingame. Just to sell more packs to noobs
  • unxius
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 4
    Just imagine if EA thought "" they want to be on team kurt , then they can join him " . "If they don't believe in our company , then dont be part of it ".

    Haha , core , that would be something .

  • Joestoe
    9768 posts League Winner
    edited March 4
    Team EA
    MxMLover wrote: »
    Screw ea and there ...... things that happen ingame. Just to sell more packs to noobs

    Yet here you are, playing a game that sucks, created by a company that's probably even worse and most likely, you'll be here, on a EA forum dedicated to that bad game, next year as well. And if you're not, I do not see any point of you being here. Jesus Christ, it's a video game. Don't like it? Purchase another one.
  • SuperKMx
    3193 posts National Call-Up
    Team Kurt
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »

    All I'm saying is that this sets a precedent that isn't particularly great.

    That's the real issue here to be honest. On a basic level I think we probably agree here, it's just that you're assuming this will escalate and lead to more bans for more trivial infringements, whereas I'm assuming that this sort of action will set a precedent that will be restricted to extreme circumstances. Hopefully I'm not being naive.

    You're right, we're in agreement. I hope that you aren't being naive either, but EA's penchant for pushing and pushing and taking more and more with every version of every new game they release has me worried that it will indeed get worse.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    Team Kurt
    Regardless of how you feel about Kurt, these copyright violations are BS. They don’t like him, so they’re selectively copyright striking just him. Not the guys promoting coin selling. Not the guys that have used 4G cheats in the past. Kurt. Why? Because he talks ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about their game and became the second biggest fifa streamer over night basically.
  • BSDShoes
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    Team Kurt
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    I'm in team: Kurt hates fifa and EA and EA hates and has rejected Kurt.

    So why doesn't kurt just find another game to play.

    addiciton is a helllll of a drug
  • RexAnglo1066
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    I'm in team: Kurt hates fifa and EA and EA hates and has rejected Kurt.

    So why doesn't kurt just find another game to play.
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    I'm in team: Kurt hates fifa and EA and EA hates and has rejected Kurt.

    So why doesn't kurt just find another game to play.

    Don't be dumb.

    He has built his fanbase through FIFA, switching to other games is going to lose him a ton of viewers.

    Even the biggest streamers in the industry lose views when they stream other games other than one one they built on.


    All he does is b/+× and whine about Fifa AND EA and their employees.

    He cant love it that much. Therefore he does hate fifa, kick off goals etc. Walls out of tournaments etc.

    Life is more than just streaming games you hate?

    You're telling me you like playing with kick off goals, over load ball side, ai intercepting, 1depth, etc

    This game has come a long way but it ends up being the same every year. EA fooled you and us.. stop being in denial.

    How can it have come a long way and still be the same every year?

    If you were fooled, and many were, that's on you...but it doesn't mean everyone was.

    Honestly, if you bought this game in September/October and believed it was a revolution, and E.A had changed and would finally listen to us, the community, and it would all be wonderful, then yes, you were fooled.

    Remember, Kurt praised the game at first, and it was only as the subsequent patches chipped away at its playability that people started complaining.

    But, didn't they, E.A, do exactly the same thing last year?

    The year before?

    Will they do it again this year?

    Didn't the playerbase do exactly the same thing last year too?

    Swore that was it, no more, they were done...yet, here we are.

    It's time to actually have a little reality check and to appreciate what we are going to get each year.

    We'll effectively get the same game, with updated licences, more/as many intrusive microtransactions and terrible pack rewards, and at release it'll be great and the community will praise the game and say "finally, they listened to us"; only, by Christmas, it will be a shadow of its former self and 6 months of angry recriminations will start which will see E.A compared to the living embodiment of the Devil himself, on par with genocidal death squads and dictators...until the new beta/demo raises expectations and the whole sorry charade starts again.

    Rinse, repeat, kerr-ching!!!!

    Without;

    1) A competitor to scare them into action
    or
    2) A full scale boycott that is so effective it fundamentally affects the bottom line

    Nothing will change.

    Notice both are, ultimately, about the same thing?

    Revenue.

    That's the begin, the middle, the end.

    It is all that matters to the producer.

    Affect that and you affect change.

    Such a long ❤️❤️❤️❤️ read, damn. And all those new paragraphs per sentence. Oof.

    Game has come a long way. tackling, shooting, tactics etc. But it becomes same as every year where it feels like it's been unchanged from previous. This game right now plays like fifa 19.
    And yes, I bought this game solely from them telling me they had improved tackling, shooting etc. And it felt like that on release. The patch straight after had changed the game not for better but worse. So yeah, I was fooled and many others who had enjoyed that initial new gameplay.

    Yeah, but I prefer it to a great wall of text.

    Plus, if you are asking a question it is okay to leave a space, I feel.

    Just personal preference.

    I'm glad you acknowledge that a lot of people were fooled, and it's fair enough too as E.A lead people up the garden path and then revert to type once the day 1 hype generates record sales.
Sign In or Register to comment.