Kurt’s FUT Founder account permanently banned?!

Comments

  • SomeGit
    94 posts Park Captain
    I don't think they need to rework their game engine.
    I think just a small boost in mobility for attackers, to be just like it was in the demo, and just a little bit of a gameplay speed up and PES would have a gameplay engine that could be competitive with FIFA.

    The problems with PES go besides the gameplay engine. The netcode is absolutely awful and slows online game heavily, the defending is still based on the old press A to hoam attack the ball carrier which combined with the dog slow netcode makes playing online become very frustrating and content is simply not there, for the most part, MyClub seems the same since 2016.

    If they work on these aspects they could give EA a battle for next gen, they are supposedly porting their game to Unreal Engine 4 so maybe they are already working on it.
  • SweetJesus101
    5458 posts Big Money Move
    Sodan70 wrote: »

    its not even new and not related with fifa... it was months ago and related with madden.. but still good to ear bc he calls out the trash servers
  • ChiTownWhat27
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA are clueless. They just banned the guy who’s bringing more attention to their game than anyone. Kurt is an entertainer wether you like him or not. It doesn’t matter what he streams next he will still have an audience because he’s entertaining. He could be playing virtual hopscotch and people will tune in and donate. EA just don’t get it.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Sodan70 wrote: »

    its not even new and not related with fifa... it was months ago and related with madden.. but still good to ear bc he calls out the trash servers

    I agree he's most likely still talking about Madden but the one you're talking about was a completely different video to this one. It was last year I remember seeing it aswell.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Kurt is not a nice person so this does not upset me.

    Also he sits too close to the screen:
    Vrdfynj.png
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2020
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.
    Post edited by CosmicFuzz on
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    Kurt is not a nice person so this does not upset me.

    Also he sits too close to the screen:
    Vrdfynj.png

    Whoa Frankenberry sighting :o
  • steverich1988
    881 posts Professional
    New low for ea this will be the last fifa I buy and games is a complete mess this is 100% bang out of order
  • Hicksy2011
    19040 posts World Class
    Ridiculous targeted harassment and bullying
    I absolutely hate Kurt, this is still way out of order by EA
  • SBaggio59
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SomeGit wrote: »
    I don't think they need to rework their game engine.
    I think just a small boost in mobility for attackers, to be just like it was in the demo, and just a little bit of a gameplay speed up and PES would have a gameplay engine that could be competitive with FIFA.

    The problems with PES go besides the gameplay engine. The netcode is absolutely awful and slows online game heavily, the defending is still based on the old press A to hoam attack the ball carrier which combined with the dog slow netcode makes playing online become very frustrating and content is simply not there, for the most part, MyClub seems the same since 2016.

    If they work on these aspects they could give EA a battle for next gen, they are supposedly porting their game to Unreal Engine 4 so maybe they are already working on it.

    It's the eternal dilemma, between players who like and who don't. I am for two gameplay choices in the same game: simulation gameplay and arcade gameplay.
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    Sami wrote: »
    EA are clueless. They just banned the guy who’s bringing more attention to their game than anyone. Kurt is an entertainer wether you like him or not. It doesn’t matter what he streams next he will still have an audience because he’s entertaining. He could be playing virtual hopscotch and people will tune in and donate. EA just don’t get it.

    News flash for you Fifa will survive without Kurt and all his fans will buy Fifa 21.

    Kurt was in the wrong. He turned valid gameplay criticism into personal attacks. One of his chat apparently said in his voice donation yesterday if he had a bullet and had a choice of Corey or Hitler he would choose Corey. Kurt is the reason all this negative hate towards Corey because of his personal attacks.

    You are in the wrong, you d ont know the whole story...
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    edited March 2020
    TDOF wrote: »
    Eroberto wrote: »
    I know Kurt is a polarizing figure but love him or hate him, what EA are doing to him is outright discrimination. Different rules are being applied to him than every other streamer. I hope he switches to PES and brings a large portion of his fan base over to PES.

    Honestly, im no lawyer. But if he was to get one i could see there being a legitimate case somewhere in all of this...
    He would get slaughtered in litigation by a multi billion dollar company, unless he can afford one of the best lawyers in the world. :joy:

    giphy.gif

    RepulsiveTerrificHamster-size_restricted.gif

    We need Jacky on the case
  • mypetfrog
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2020
    With regards to COMMUNICATION.

    Saw this tweet, funny/tragic. Sums up what's really important to EA.

    szFP94s.jpg


  • Sterve
    1293 posts Professional
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.

    EA own the copyright IP on fifa 20. As it is theirs they can choose to let people stream it or they can deny people the usage of it whenever they like. Kinda like loaning your car. Just cause you let 20 people use it doesn’t mean you need to let person 21 use it.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3152 posts National Call-Up
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sterve wrote: »
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.

    EA own the copyright IP on fifa 20. As it is theirs they can choose to let people stream it or they can deny people the usage of it whenever they like. Kinda like loaning your car. Just cause you let 20 people use it doesn’t mean you need to let person 21 use it.

    I think thats a bit off. He bought the game, didnt borrow it off ea. Sure i understand the stream it bit but its still a bit off with the comparison.
  • Eyeball
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sterve wrote: »
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.

    EA own the copyright IP on fifa 20. As it is theirs they can choose to let people stream it or they can deny people the usage of it whenever they like. Kinda like loaning your car. Just cause you let 20 people use it doesn’t mean you need to let person 21 use it.
    Evidently Kurt is very brave but we don't know how much retribution he can handle.

    I would argue people like Kurt epitomise the reason copyright laws have limitations that allow fair use of the copyrighted work.

    I would argue that copyright limitations are well known and they can be used to justify Kurt's use of the copyrighted work.

    I would argue that Kurt is constantly providing the best commentary.

    I would argue that Kurt is making parody because of the way he goes about making the game look good and because of the the way he goes about beating almost everyone.

    Evidently the cruelty being inflicted on Kurt by negative powerful entities at EA knows no bounds.

    Who will uphold Kurt's fair use of the copyrighted work?

    I petition the good powerful entities at EA to find a way to represent him.
  • mypetfrog
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Got to admit, he seems pretty resilient but just place yourself in his shoes, how would you cope with this? Surely this persecution by a billion dollar behemoth will have some effect on his mental health. How far do they want to push him?
  • Sterve
    1293 posts Professional
    Sterve wrote: »
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.

    EA own the copyright IP on fifa 20. As it is theirs they can choose to let people stream it or they can deny people the usage of it whenever they like. Kinda like loaning your car. Just cause you let 20 people use it doesn’t mean you need to let person 21 use it.

    I think thats a bit off. He bought the game, didnt borrow it off ea. Sure i understand the stream it bit but its still a bit off with the comparison.

    Yup just meant ea can pick and choose who can stream their game.
  • Good way to encourage more people to stream and promote your game, EA.

    You are telling them:
    1) we own your game and we decide what you can say and what you can't. If we don't like you, we will shut you down.
    2) we only care about certain streamers that obey. You will not make it unless you spend a house-worth of fifa points and never say anything. Just get more kinds into gambling.
    3) pro scene is a joke, janitors at 7$/h earn more a day than you will win finishing 3rd in the world (and you will spend more time than 8h cleaning)

    so kudos EA, great game, amazing company.

    I was just about to buys some fifa points and encorage my family and friends to do the same - but I might pass on that by the way things are going.
  • Sterve
    1293 posts Professional
    Eyeball wrote: »
    Sterve wrote: »
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.

    EA own the copyright IP on fifa 20. As it is theirs they can choose to let people stream it or they can deny people the usage of it whenever they like. Kinda like loaning your car. Just cause you let 20 people use it doesn’t mean you need to let person 21 use it.
    Evidently Kurt is very brave but we don't know how much retribution he can handle.

    I would argue people like Kurt epitomise the reason copyright laws have limitations that allow fair use of the copyrighted work.

    I would argue that copyright limitations are well known and they can be used to justify Kurt's use of the copyrighted work.

    I would argue that Kurt is constantly providing the best commentary.

    I would argue that Kurt is making parody because of the way he goes about making the game look good and because of the the way he goes about beating almost everyone.

    Evidently the cruelty being inflicted on Kurt by negative powerful entities at EA knows no bounds.

    Who will uphold Kurt's fair use of the copyrighted work?

    I petition the good powerful entities at EA to find a way to represent him.

    twitch or whoever will side with the rights holder and let them sort it out in court I would guess. And good luck in that vs a company like ea.
  • Eyeball
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sterve wrote: »
    Eyeball wrote: »
    Sterve wrote: »
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    How can EA file a copyright claim against him without doing the same to every other person streaming FIFA?
    Genuine question as I don't understand the legality of it.

    EA own the copyright IP on fifa 20. As it is theirs they can choose to let people stream it or they can deny people the usage of it whenever they like. Kinda like loaning your car. Just cause you let 20 people use it doesn’t mean you need to let person 21 use it.
    Evidently Kurt is very brave but we don't know how much retribution he can handle.

    I would argue people like Kurt epitomise the reason copyright laws have limitations that allow fair use of the copyrighted work.

    I would argue that copyright limitations are well known and they can be used to justify Kurt's use of the copyrighted work.

    I would argue that Kurt is constantly providing the best commentary.

    I would argue that Kurt is making parody because of the way he goes about making the game look good and because of the the way he goes about beating almost everyone.

    Evidently the cruelty being inflicted on Kurt by negative powerful entities at EA knows no bounds.

    Who will uphold Kurt's fair use of the copyrighted work?

    I petition the good powerful entities at EA to find a way to represent him.

    twitch or whoever will side with the rights holder and let them sort it out in court I would guess. And good luck in that vs a company like ea.
    I think situations like this are rarely allowed to get to court but I agree the tyrannical decision making will continue.

    I also hope the good people at EA will step in so it doesn't escalate much further.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Kurt is not a nice person so this does not upset me.

    Also he sits too close to the screen:
    Vrdfynj.png

    All pros play close to screen, watch csgo for instance.
  • Eyeball
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    Got to admit, he seems pretty resilient but just place yourself in his shoes, how would you cope with this? Surely this persecution by a billion dollar behemoth will have some effect on his mental health. How far do they want to push him?
    Evidently Kurt has learned a few coping mechanisms and so far he is finding ways to continue to be himself.

    Evidently he is a very private person so we don't know much about him but I agree he does seem resilient.

    I think of myself as invincible but in a good way and I wish everyone had that but especially I want it for people like Kurt.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Eyeball wrote: »
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    Got to admit, he seems pretty resilient but just place yourself in his shoes, how would you cope with this? Surely this persecution by a billion dollar behemoth will have some effect on his mental health. How far do they want to push him?
    Evidently Kurt has learned a few coping mechanisms and so far he is finding ways to continue to be himself.

    Evidently he is a very private person so we don't know much about him but I agree he does seem resilient.

    I think of myself as invincible but in a good way and I wish everyone had that but especially I want it for people like Kurt.

    That's touching.
  • Eyeball
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Eyeball wrote: »
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    Got to admit, he seems pretty resilient but just place yourself in his shoes, how would you cope with this? Surely this persecution by a billion dollar behemoth will have some effect on his mental health. How far do they want to push him?
    Evidently Kurt has learned a few coping mechanisms and so far he is finding ways to continue to be himself.

    Evidently he is a very private person so we don't know much about him but I agree he does seem resilient.

    I think of myself as invincible but in a good way and I wish everyone had that but especially I want it for people like Kurt.

    That's touching.
    It goes without saying I also want it for people like Corey.
  • Just a short reminder (might get banned for this)
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    KingByrne wrote: »
    Just a short reminder (might get banned for this)

    I do wish people would use their brains.

    Go on then, mods. Here's your excuse to close the thread.
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    KingByrne wrote: »
    Just a short reminder (might get banned for this)

    I do wish people would use their brains.

    Go on then, mods. Here's your excuse to close the thread.

    I've removed hundreds of inappropriate comments here & it's honestly getting close to that point. I'm closing down the majority of duplicate threads on Kurt to try and consolidate the conversation. Honestly I'm trying my best to keep this going but if people (and I know it's not everyone) keep on breaking the forum rules I might be forced to close off this topic. If you want the conversation here to continue please be mindful of these rules.

    These are the ones that are broken more often:
    Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal. Respect also means you never harass, embarrass, or threaten other players.

    Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.

    Don't chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things on the forum is not okay, if you have any questions about your own moderation history feel free to reach out to a moderator or Community manager.
Sign In or Register to comment.