4-4-1-1-formation-guide

Comments

• @EisenErmin thanks for sharing!

What's everyone's thoughts on CF position, can't decide between 92 Bergkamp or 92 Del Piero
  • @EisenErmin thanks for sharing!

What's everyone's thoughts on CF position, can't decide between 92 Bergkamp or 92 Del Piero
  • Lepiricus
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EisenErmin thanks for sharing!

I used both those at times and preferred Berg. though he doesn't have ADP's 5* WF he does have 'outside foot shot' which can make him a quasi 5* WF. Berg's aggression is higher than ADP and I could feel it in game.

• Wonderfulwest
    5221 posts Big Money Move
    Get PIM Bergkamp if you can afford him
  • Get PIM Bergkamp if you can afford him

I wish! 😂
  • I know the consensus seems to be 1 defensive & 1 box to box but has anyone tried a deep lying playmaker and a b2b/defensive?

Like the look of FS Tielemans, thought he could control tempo from midfield.

Also thinking of reverting my st to a target man - worked fifa 14/15 well thinking could be key with the drop back overload ball meta? Already have pace on wings, and creativity at CF.

Thinking ST stay central target man, cf drift wide
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    I know the consensus seems to be 1 defensive & 1 box to box but has anyone tried a deep lying playmaker and a b2b/defensive?

Also thinking of reverting my st to a target man - worked fifa 14/15 well thinking could be key with the drop back overload ball meta? Already have pace on wings, and creativity at CF.

@Sgt_Schmidty

Tielemanns is great, I can totally recommend him. And he would fit that role perfectly.
    I used him last week in a 4231wide!!!! as CDM with get foreward instruction and he was outstanding. Finished 20-8 and Tielemanns was the playmaker for every attack.

Benched him this week because I wanted to use Prime Pirlo (who is probably worse than Tielemanns, but you know Tielemanns ain´t no Pirlo) in that role. He works in the 4411 and the 4231 wide too. The other CM/CDM is Prime Essien btw.

CF (or Cam in the 4231) needs to stay central or balanced. You need him in the middle to link the play. In the wide areas you have your LM/RM and the fullbacks if needed. That´s enough.
  • EisenErmin wrote: »
    I know the consensus seems to be 1 defensive & 1 box to box but has anyone tried a deep lying playmaker and a b2b/defensive?

@Sgt_Schmidty

Tielemanns is great, I can totally recommend him. And he would fit that role perfectly.
    I used him last week in a 4231wide!!!! as CDM with get foreward instruction and he was outstanding. Finished 20-8 and Tielemanns was the playmaker for every attack.

Benched him this week because I wanted to use Prime Pirlo (who is probably worse than Tielemanns, but you know Tielemanns ain´t no Pirlo) in that role. He works in the 4411 and the 4231 wide too. The other CM/CDM is Prime Essien btw.

CF (or Cam in the 4231) needs to stay central or balanced. You need him in the middle to link the play. In the wide areas you have your LM/RM and the fullbacks if needed. That´s enough.

See I remember in fifa 14/15 I use to rock:

ST stay central target man
    CF balanced get in behind
    LM/RM stay wide, get behind
    One cm free Roam
    One stay back
  • EisenErmin
    EisenErmin wrote: »

@Sgt_Schmidty

See I remember in fifa 14/15 I use to rock:

ST stay central target man
    CF balanced get in behind
    LM/RM stay wide, get behind
    One cm free Roam
    One stay back

I use target man instruction in the 433(5) and the 4231 wide and I like it. You dont need to use a true targetman like Kane or Lewa, Cavani ,.... I used Messi and it works fine. target man instruction makes sure that your ST is always in the middle with his back to the goal around the box and open for 1-2 passes
  • Tempted to use Zakaria as a CM lol
  • EisenErmin
    Rickayt wrote: »
    Tempted to use Zakaria as a CM lol

I used his 78 or 81 rated NIF as CM for Bundesliga objectives and he did quite well to be honest. Felt more like a 84 rated card. So if that can be transfered to the 87 shapeshifter he should feel like a 90 rated card at least. The only problem as a CM is his finishing and shot power. Agility and balanced are fine with engine chem. I guess he is best suited for a CDM position.
  • EisenErmin wrote: »
    Rickayt wrote: »
    Tempted to use Zakaria as a CM lol

I used his 78 or 81 rated NIF as CM for Bundesliga objectives and he did quite well to be honest. Felt more like a 84 rated card. So if that can be transfered to the 87 shapeshifter he should feel like a 90 rated card at least. The only problem as a CM is his finishing and shot power. Agility and balanced are fine with engine chem. I guess he is best suited for a CDM position.

Both my CMs are on stay back
  • CovLee_Candice
    5107 posts Big Money Move
    Here we go @Sgt_Schmidty

4231wide
    pressure on heavy touch
    posession

ST: target man
    LM: free roam + get in behind + get into box
    RM: get in behind + get into box
    CAM: free roam + get into box (THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER BY FAR)
    left CDM: cover center + stay back + cut lanes (the destroyer = Essien)
    right CDM: get foreward + cover center + cut lanes (the Maestro = 88 Tielemanns)
    LB+RB : balanced + overlap (I trigger quite a lot of runs)
    GK: sweeper keeper

overload ballside against narrow 41212 and fullbacks join attack when you need a goal or the opponent is just bad.

save it from now
  • EisenErmin
    Here we go @Sgt_Schmidty

4231wide
    pressure on heavy touch
    posession

right CDM: get foreward + cover center + cut lanes (the Maestro = 88 Tielemanns)

overload ballside against narrow 41212 and fullbacks join attack when you need a goal or the opponent is just bad.

save it from now

@CovLee_Candice

So do you like it or not ??
  • HelloDearie
    2645 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get PIM Bergkamp if you can afford him

@Wonderfulwest would you say PIM Bergkamp is better than 95 Messi for CF? Or play Bergkamp at ST with Messi in behind?

Fancy a splurge and can either replace Messi with Bergkamp, or buy Bergkamp and play at ST ahead of Messi.
  • Poidisb
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    Switched over to this recently and switching between 4411 and 4231 depending on factors, love Crespo but sometimes a bit underwhelming, Di Maria is great but occasionally the 1 footedness can be a nightmare, tricky situation!

emXHw67.png
  • Littleland95
    18413 posts Moderator
    Poidisb wrote: »
    Switched over to this recently and switching between 4411 and 4231 depending on factors, love Crespo but sometimes a bit underwhelming, Di Maria is great but occasionally the 1 footedness can be a nightmare, tricky situation!

emXHw67.png

Struggle to find LM myself.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something

emXHw67.png

Hazard is decent ;)
  • ZeFeZ
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    Has anyone tried Prime Bergkamp at ST, currently using Mbappe there?

Got Cruyff at CF.
  • Lepiricus
    ZeFeZ wrote: »

Got Cruyff at CF.

I ran a combo of Bergkamp/Messi for a while, Bergkamp up top and Messi in behind at CF. Berg was great there but I gradually migrated to a stronger type striker playing Target man so I been using 92 Stoichkov up there and Messi (on 7 chem) still in behind.

I ran a couple games last night with Stoichkov up top and PIM Nakata playing CF and I can tell you Nakata with a sniper chem is a banger. I might start playing him there instead of Messi for Chem and hybrid squad reasons
  • Littleland95
    18413 posts Moderator
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

emXHw67.png

Hazard is decent ;)

Then I can buy PIM Barnes. :joy:
  • Wonderfulwest

Got Cruyff at CF.

Bergkamp is very good in either CF role or playing as a creative striker. His finishing is very reliable, almost certain goals within 25 yards. I’m slightly biased as I lived the guy but PIM Bergkamp is sensational. Not overly keen on Messi tho
  • ZeFeZ
    3015 posts National Call-Up

Got Cruyff at CF.

Bergkamp is very good in either CF role or playing as a creative striker. His finishing is very reliable, almost certain goals within 25 yards. I’m slightly biased as I lived the guy but PIM Bergkamp is sensational. Not overly keen on Messi tho

@Wonderfulwest I haven't been able to get along with Messi this year.

Are you using the moments Bergkamps?
  • Lepiricus
    I'm looking real at 94 PIM Van Basten, has anyone tried him out yet? His finishing is already elite but engine or catalyst would fix his passing.
  • Wonderfulwest

Got Cruyff at CF.

@Wonderfulwest I haven't been able to get along with Messi this year.

Are you using the moments Bergkamps?

I am mate either CF or striker if I’m in need of a goal, his really good mate. If your good with bigger stocked players and not a pace abuser his very very good. His shots are clinical and his passing is second to none. His not leaving my team
  • Wonderfulwest
    This is the team I’m currently using

AEA570-B4-EDA4-4-CA8-B12-F-C5564-FB1-B58-C.jpg
    Here’s my team obviously changes into a 4-4-1-1 with Dennis at CF. I like to trick players into not knowing what I’m running by starting in a different formation. Actually works a lot of games
  • lbezza
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Screenshot-20200303-191942-Companion.jpg

This is my current team 4411 in game, have about 600k to upgrade. Just wanted any ideas on how I could do so. Thanks.
  • Littleland95
    18413 posts Moderator
    lbezza wrote: »
    Screenshot-20200303-191942-Companion.jpg

This is my current team 4411 in game, have about 600k to upgrade. Just wanted any ideas on how I could do so. Thanks.

PIM Pires for Rashford?

Team looks great :)
  • CovLee_Candice
    5107 posts Big Money Move
    Here we go @Sgt_Schmidty

4231wide
    pressure on heavy touch
    posession

save it from now

@CovLee_Candice

So do you like it or not ??

Will try it tomorrow mate, have been busy all day this week
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    Saw I could get profit for SS WBY and Atal so took the coins and bailed. Boguht HL Lewa. Will probs run this team and sit on approx. 2 mill.

SIF Dubravka
    Baby Zambrotta
    PM Schar
    Storyline Akanji
    WR Schulz
    HL Adama
    PM Kimmich
    HL Delaney
    PM Leroy Sane
    FS Dani Olmo
    HL Lewa