Need a SS Marcelo review from someone that gets elite/high ranks

TheTataGuy
3814 posts National Call-Up
Currently using vieira at stay back and SS Acuna at go forward. Acuna is doing an okay job, but Marcelo looks insane as a cdm going forward. I have the coins to afford Marcelo, but does he play true to his stats?

Comments

• stylemonkey1979
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sorry mate. I'm crap.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    His 7 game loan was ok. Not worth the coin imo
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Only used him in draft, but liked him alot.

Considering to get him for my own squad next week actually.
  • TheTataGuy
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    His 7 game loan was ok. Not worth the coin imo

What didt you like about him and where did you play him?
  • TheTataGuy
    Nivaze wrote: »

Where did he play for you?
  • Nivaze
    TheTataGuy wrote: »

CDM on balanced in a 4231 wide.

He probably isn’t worth the coins in terms of value for what you get compared to other options but he was incredibly fun to use with his dribbling and 5* skills. He also had a decent shot on him and he did his job defensively.
  • kraid
    4736 posts National Call-Up
    I played him lcdm in 4231. He replaced futmas acuna for a wl. It’s nice having a 5* skillers in midfield but didn’t feel a big enough improvement on acuna to justify the outlay. If you have the ss acuna the difference will be even smaller.

If you have nothing else to do with the coins he’ll be an upgrade for sure. If there are other uses for the coins do those first imo
  • TheTataGuy

He probably isn’t worth the coins in terms of value for what you get compared to other options but he was incredibly fun to use with his dribbling and 5* skills. He also had a decent shot on him and he did his job defensively.

Hmmm okay, yeah he's going to be go forward with my team, need someone who can score from.the CDM position, haha, how is his tracking back?
  • Carlo
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    I finish around elite 3/2 most of the times if I am not playing for gold 3 only. 90-D5382-A-0230-4917-A81-E-4-F5868-E81-AA0.png
    That’s the team I am using him in along with Ramos at CDM. He is amazing as an attacking cdm. His interceptions are really bad when it comes to defending. Other than that he is pretty good at defending . About his goal scoring and chance creating skills he is Gullit level.
  • Nivaze

Hmmm okay, yeah he's going to be go forward with my team, need someone who can score from.the CDM position, haha, how is his tracking back?

Like I said, he does his job defensively but he’s not amazing whatsoever. He does track back, but you’ll notice his H/M workrates if you’re used to a H/H midfielder. Should be fine with Vieira next to him tho.

What I did notice is that he wins alot of balls back higher on the pitch, which is nice so you can start a quick attack.
  • Skywalker XVII
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    Complete beast as striker or cam for me.
    Big upgrade from Base Maradona who I used before.

Wouldnt pay 1,2 M for him as CDM though.
  • TheTataGuy

Like I said, he does his job defensively but he’s not amazing whatsoever. He does track back, but you’ll notice his H/M workrates if you’re used to a H/H midfielder. Should be fine with Vieira next to him tho.

What I did notice is that he wins alot of balls back higher on the pitch, which is nice so you can start a quick attack.

My playstyle is always defending forward, so that sounds pretty good. Hmmm.
  • TheTataGuy
    Complete beast as striker or cam for me.
    Big upgrade from Base Maradona who I used before.

Wouldnt pay 1,2 M for him as CDM though.

My right cdm is basically playing as a cam haha, they always get forward
  • Nivaze

I play very aggressive myself, so I had no issues with it at all.

But yeah as the other guy mentioned earlier his attacking abilities are amazing, it’s like having Neymar in the midfield with somewhat decent defending stats lol.
  • TheTataGuy

I play very aggressive myself, so I had no issues with it at all.

But yeah as the other guy mentioned earlier his attacking abilities are amazing, it’s like having Neymar in the midfield with somewhat decent defending stats lol.

Sounds great , but does he feel strong in defensively