Possible solutions to the relegation farce?

Comments

• Bapinho
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Bapinho wrote: »
    KING_HENKE wrote: »
    All the high division players like “oh, it’s so hard in my division, I sweat my arse off”. Mate, what?! It’s literally the exact same effort for a division 10 player. BECAUSE THAT’S THEIR LEVEL. It’s all relative you morons. Jesus.

life is unfair grow a pair and get over it

I think if you are disagreeing with this then maybe you need to eat your own words

nah i used to feel bad for people like this but past few days all they do is start calling bad names and swearing. These people have no manners and ill actually make sure to dab on their tears tonight :) this community is so toxic; unbeleavable
  • Hoopsterz
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    All the high division players like “oh, it’s so hard in my division, I sweat my arse off”. Mate, what?! It’s literally the exact same effort for a division 10 player. BECAUSE THAT’S THEIR LEVEL. It’s all relative you morons. Jesus.

I think if you are disagreeing with this then maybe you need to eat your own words

nah i used to feel bad for people like this but past few days all they do is start calling bad names and swearing. These people have no manners and ill actually make sure to dab on their tears tonight :) this community is so toxic; unbeleavable

Lol is acting toxic then calling the community toxic :lol:

Honestly people like this that have caused the decline of some many things.. The community of Fifa is possibly the worst out there so no wonder EA dont give AF when most of the community don't give AF
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    Please ignore Bapinho. He's deliberately being inflammatory to get bites. This thread has been pretty constructive. Don't let him drag it down with his ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Also, on a purely selfish level I have him on ignore and if you quote him I'm forced to read his pish.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Cut it out with the abuse noncesense.
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    Please ignore Bapinho. He's deliberately being inflammatory to get bites. This thread has been pretty constructive. Don't let him drag it down with his ****

Also, on a purely selfish level I have him on ignore and if you quote him I'm forced to read his pish.
    Cut it out with the abuse noncesense.

Agreed, keep it on topic lads. Keep this thread going as much as we can because it's one of the more constructive I have seen on this forum and the above puts it at risk of getting closed.
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    Please ignore Bapinho. He's deliberately being inflammatory to get bites. This thread has been pretty constructive. Don't let him drag it down with his ****

Thanks for the heads-up on this, I've just done the same. He's almost single-handedly ruining the boards at the moment, which I'm sure he's very proud of. Strange strange boy.
  • McSwigan
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree that the win condition makes self-relegating appealing to those who do it. However, someone also pointed out that if you don’t have a competitive squad to facilitate goals and assists for non-win condition objectives then relegation to easier competition again becomes appealing. In both scenarios people are trying to take a short cut at the expense of other players because they want their tokens now instead of spread out over the next 40 days. The only way to stop bad behavior is to either punish it or not reward it. You can’t get icon swap tokens (at least not as many) if you can’t play online. They already have the DNF multiplier in effect for coins. Take it a step further and ban people from DR match making for a certain period of time if they have a certain number of forfeits/disconnects above the average of the rest of all other players. It should only effect the players causing the problem. How often do people rage quit or get disconnected? Can’t be multiple times in an hour. I’ve only quit out of two games and been disconnected (after going up a goal) from three in the entire this game has been out.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    I reckon EA should take their WL qualification points away from them, whether it was earned in the WL or in DR wherever they qualified from
  • padr81
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019

Unless it feels unfair on you so you run down division to beat beginners right? Because thats fair on you. You're a hypocrite buddy.
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Preventing people from self relegating is a far better choice than punishing people for disconnecting from matches. Some people will literally quit out of WL matches late on sunday if they come up against a stacked team or go 1-0 down early.

Best suggestion is definitely the one relegation/promotion per week and that happens when Rival rewards are handed out. Put that alongside the suggestion of having to earn a certain amount of rival points whilst doing the challenges instead of how it is now. Then we'll have a fair system.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Non
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Preventing people from self relegating is a far better choice than punishing people for disconnecting from matches. Some people will literally quit out of WL matches late on sunday if they come up against a stacked team or go 1-0 down early.

Best suggestion is definitely the one relegation/promotion per week and that happens when Rival rewards are handed out. Put that alongside the suggestion of having to earn a certain amount of rival points whilst doing the challenges instead of how it is now. Then we'll have a fair system.

if they do it, they also need to hide the ranking points, otherwise people will just manipulate it to stay in a lower division. They can at least try to do it blindly, but it will be more difficult for them.
  • You can't punish people for quitting out of games while it's still a laggy nightmare at times. I quit out of 3 or 4 games last night purely because of the laggy unresponsive gameplay.
  • SinkXI
    950 posts Professional
    To me, the only farce is this gameplay. I have a quick hour to play some games. 12 minutes later of fighting against the servers trying to actually find a match , and I’m no further forward. The game is an absolute mess
  • RageRambler
    1133 posts Professional
    I don't think relegation from divisions should have even been possible. And, since they are, I don't think you should be able to get relegated more than 1 division a full week. But hey, that's just my 2c
  • madwullie
  • Frankfurter
    60 posts Park Captain
    It’s a mess alright. Haven’t had a decent game in weeks. Currently D6, I started a game against someone with a German team. You can tell straight away just by the way they move the ball, cut out passing lanes etc that they’re a good player but somehow things clicked for me with a move and I scored a blinder. He quit. This was minutes into the game. He obviously thought I was a good player but I could tell if he’d stayed he’d have beaten me.

Bring back tournaments, they were great for the more casual player. A nice break from divisions. They seemed random in the way you got matched with players and I could win it first time or go through 5 or 6 games getting knocked out first round. But I enjoyed playing the better players and seeing how they defended and attacked.

Weekly or fortnightly relegations and promotions only. So you may as well try to win in your rightful division because it would take too long to relegate.

Finally, I laugh at those saying it’s a grind in D1 so why slog it out there. It’s a grind for a D6 player playing another D6 player. Exactly the same grind as a D1 v D1 because the player you’re playing is the same skill level as you.

Tbh I’d love it if they got rid of all these multicoloured cards and icons and went back to just player of the week and team of the season but I guess I’ll be alone in that thinking.
  • McSwigan
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    You can't punish people for quitting out of games while it's still a laggy nightmare at times. I quit out of 3 or 4 games last night purely because of the laggy unresponsive gameplay.

The people self-relegating are quitting out of 10 games in a five minute window before kickoff. I’m sure you could set a parameter that wouldn’t punish people quitting here and there.
  • Primofusion
    1247 posts Professional
    Exchange WL points for swap cards. This would incentivise people to promote and win games in high divisions as they accumulate WL points faster in high divisions.

Plus it also gives people the choice of deciding whether to use WL points towards icons, or towards WL qualification.
  • MeeseeksandDestroy
    416 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Glad this thread is still going strong.

• Dth83
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Trying to think of realistic solutions for this - mainly ones that could be implemented tomorrow. Any thoughts? I'll update the op if there's any good ideas.

We've gone round and round in circles today and I think we're pretty clear where people stand on the issue - but one thing we can all agree on is that it is an issue that needs to be resolved. It would be good to find some solutions that maintain the integrity of the game (and ensure the cards don't come too easily)

Obviously the ideal would be something like an objective specific mode but something that huge is unlikely to be implemented mid iteration, so I imagine we'll need to wait till 21 for such a solution.

Here's the best two I've seen around today.

1. Only one promotion / relegation possible per week
    2. Game time penalty (possibly cumulative) for quitting matches.
    3. Put objectives in friendlies only, with a win condition attached to ensure minimal "cheating ie players giving each other goals etc

I think nr 1 would be rather easy to implement.
    I like the only one relegation/week.
    However I don't know why you should limit the promotion to one / week?

• Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    You can't punish people for quitting out of games while it's still a laggy nightmare at times. I quit out of 3 or 4 games last night purely because of the laggy unresponsive gameplay.

None of my matches were laggy, yet everyone has netflix on in my household
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Dth83 wrote: »
    Trying to think of realistic solutions for this - mainly ones that could be implemented tomorrow. Any thoughts? I'll update the op if there's any good ideas.

We've gone round and round in circles today and I think we're pretty clear where people stand on the issue - but one thing we can all agree on is that it is an issue that needs to be resolved. It would be good to find some solutions that maintain the integrity of the game (and ensure the cards don't come too easily)

Obviously the ideal would be something like an objective specific mode but something that huge is unlikely to be implemented mid iteration, so I imagine we'll need to wait till 21 for such a solution.

Here's the best two I've seen around today.

1. Only one promotion / relegation possible per week
    2. Game time penalty (possibly cumulative) for quitting matches.
    3. Put objectives in friendlies only, with a win condition attached to ensure minimal "cheating ie players giving each other goals etc

I think nr 1 would be rather easy to implement.
    I like the only one relegation/week.
    However I don't know why you should limit the promotion to one / week?
    To help discourage people from self relegating. If they knew it would take another 4/5 weeks to get back to their natural division with good rewards after the 4/5 weeks of relegating they will more than likely be put off.
  • madwullie
    As predicted, now icon swaps 2 are out we're in the same position with no solution to be seen.
  • madwullie
    Ahem
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry state isn't it? At this point I am not sure who is actually even in a division they should be. I feel sorry for some of my opponents, who have possibly been promoted through relegators and pushed too far forward. Similarly feel sorry for anyone in my position where half the games are non contests. I stopped playing DR, but all this new stuff comes out and requires DR wins and goals etc. To get the XP I need for Akanji I need to play DR, to get Acuna I need to play DR. I would rather play a WL than DR at the moment.

There are currently so many objectives out for XP and Players that I would say right now it is at its very worst.

For me, anyway, its pretty much killed the game off. I could have dealt with the gameplay being bad if the games were at least close contests decided by a goal or two. That the games I played were a challenge but not unwinnable. Could have had some fun games, objective team v objective team, against people of the same skill level. Instead its an absolute cluster of mess and toxicity.
  • McSwigan
    DR is garbage. All online play is garbage. The Meta of speedy team, constant pressure where guys run all around the field without losing stamina is garbage. That strikers tackle just as well as defenders is garbage. Not buying 21.