The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    5412 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    oh snap! The new MLS kits are in FUT now

They automatically changed a few weeks ago I think. I remember my home seattle kit turned into the new watermelon one without my permission lol..,
  • RayS
    30013 posts National Team Captain
    oh snap! The new MLS kits are in FUT now

They automatically changed a few weeks ago I think. I remember my home seattle kit turned into the new watermelon one without my permission lol..,

Ha! Ya I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Can't find a single old jersey design on the market so I guess they all just morphed. Would be kinda cool if u had the choice of either. They could keep the old kits as they are and then release the new jerseys into packs now
  • SuperSonicSean
    6152 posts Big Money Move
    I wish they would have kept the old kits. Especially for the Fire. The home kit is the new one with the new logo, but the away kit is the old one with the old logo. The badge is still the old one too. I just want consistency.
  • Gnomenclature
    I can't watch this 🙈
  • Gnomenclature
    Ugly....
  • Ryno
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    LMAOOOOO @Gnomenclature
  • Ryno
    edited February 28
    What a fun night of soccer though. Easily the best CCL opening round of all time
  • Gnomenclature
    Ryno wrote: »

😤😢😭

That was a tough way to go out... like I said before, I'm behind the league in this competition.

Atlanta, lafc, Montreal, and nyfc - let's go!

Didn't see the Leon v lafc game, but wow. Did not expect them to win that one.
  • RayS
    What a fun night of soccer though. Easily the best CCL opening round of all time

This

And condolences to @Gnomenclature RIP
  • Chubbs
    14518 posts Has That Special Something

Absolutely, some genuinely fun games to watch. Love the possibility of 4 MLS teams in the final four. Know it wont happen but that would be a statement and fun to guarantee a MLS winner finally.
  • hellodee
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gotta give pops to Blackmon and Jakovic and entire LAFC defense. They press LEON and didnt leak any goals.
  • Gnomenclature
    Other than Seattle bottling the competition, MLS has done well in the first round. It really felt like a champions league level of effort in every match I've seen - that game winner from the goalkeeper at the end of extra time is right out of a fairytale!

If you need a good mls article to read on the toilet, check this out:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51667208
  • Ryno
    Just landed in Los Angeles. Getting the 2020 season underway with some NISA action tonight and tomorrow. LAFC on Sunday.

I live for this stuff
  • Chubbs
    14518 posts Has That Special Something
    Just landed in Los Angeles. Getting the 2020 season underway with some NISA action tonight and tomorrow. LAFC on Sunday.

I live for this stuff

Awesome man, enjoy!
  • Gnomenclature
    Chubbs wrote: »

No idea who those guys are, but they sure do have a lot of makeup on.
  • Ryno
    Chubbs wrote: »

I live for this stuff

Awesome man, enjoy!

Thanks man.

Met Brian Melekian and Ron Gilmore the COO and Sr Operations Director, respectively. Very cool to talk with them about the NISA and was crazy to hear how vast their connections are in US Soccer and how much dirt they have on guys lol
  • RayS
    an hour and 39 min till MLS kickoff!

Fantasy lineup set. Let's go!

Taking a gamble in some spots but I think it could pay off.
  • Gnomenclature

I don't feel I was very creative in my picks... had to swap out lodiero as I'm not sure he will play. Got Josef and vela up top. Added jaoa Paulo to midfield - this guy is very impressive.

Nani is listed as unavailable for some reason. Was thinking of taking a gamble on klestjen...

Can't wait till kick off!
  • Gnomenclature
    Ok, I created a private league for people in the forum - get thoughs fantasy squads up!

https://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/#classic/leagues/14716/join/7F5TP99Y

Btw, I'm "Chicken MoSalah" lol. Left Footy is my handle.

Edit: here is the league code 7F5TP99Y

Get those teams set, join the league!
  • RayS

I don't feel I was very creative in my picks... had to swap out lodiero as I'm not sure he will play. Got Josef and vela up top. Added jaoa Paulo to midfield - this guy is very impressive.

Nani is listed as unavailable for some reason. Was thinking of taking a gamble on klestjen...

I may regret not picking Josef, but I went slightly hipster in picking Heber. I feel he might continue his goal scoring from CCL. And I had to take a flyer on Kubo just cuz lol
  • Gnomenclature

I may regret not picking Josef, but I went slightly hipster in picking Heber. I feel he might continue his goal scoring from CCL. And I had to take a flyer on Kubo just cuz lol

Nice gamble. If they do well and the usual suspects don't, you'll win big. Also helps with cap $.

I went the safe route - chicharito, vela, and Josef up top lol. Wasn't gonna pick chicharito, but saw that Houston is a sell out - don't think that place has ever sold out 😞. The pressure is on!

• Ryno
    Feels so weird having a 10am MLS kickoff. How do you do this? @Gnomenclature
  • Gnomenclature
    edited February 29
    Feels so weird having a 10am MLS kickoff. How do you do this? @Gnomenclature

How do I do what? @Ryno

If you mean fantasy, start here - www.fantasy.mlssoccer.com
  • Gnomenclature
    Wtf.... they just had a commercial break 7 min into the la v Houston game.

I've seen that happen... ever.... is this a univision thing?
  • RayS
    If anyone started Bingham in goal, he just got an assist lol
  • Gnomenclature

My first thought too lol. If you have Bingham and pavon you're winning right now.
  • RayS

My first thought too lol. If you have Bingham and pavon you're winning right now.

Excellent movement by Chicharito to draw two defenders. The Houston defenders let Pavon cut inside way too easily though.
  • Antparry92
    19145 posts World Class
    Can I be bothered making a side after missing the first week of the season?

Watching Dynamo vs Galaxy atm
  • Gnomenclature
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Can I be bothered making a side after missing the first week of the season?

Watching Dynamo vs Galaxy atm

There are still plenty of matches that haven't started yet. Just build a team with them 😀

Just can't add anyone that's already played, or is playing.

GOGOGO!