The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7084 posts Big Money Move
    Apparently it’s 187 league games without a 0-0 at the Cottage now. Last one was the first day of the 11/12 season at home to Villa. If I was an Opta account I’d do. Moneys Worth.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Championship Refs are so bad Andre Ayew thinks god's punishing him apparently.
  • AaronMFC
    1822 posts Play-Off Hero
    League 1 looks a probability not a possibility at the moment. Patrick Roberts coming back from injury looks our best chance cant see how we can beat any team in the league on current form.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 27
    The bottom three have properly roped a load of teams back into it by suddenly all winning games. Makes it exciting I suppose. Could probably say everyone up to Reading is in danger with how badly Reading and Hull are playing at the moment. Even more teams if there's some points deductions as well.
  • WFCBagnall
    78204 posts Moderator
    edited February 27
    Farlz wrote: »
    Hang on 3000? :D

They'll struggle to sell that.

Only just about hit 1500 home fans at home games.

When we went there last month, we took 1400 and they had 1600 fans :joy:

Literally living on the Man Utd players money, already up to 2.5m+ debt just for this season :joy:
  • Dizzy Bala
    3780 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    League 1 looks a probability not a possibility at the moment. Patrick Roberts coming back from injury looks our best chance cant see how we can beat any team in the league on current form.

I hadn't looked at the full table for a while but it's ridiculously close down the bottom too. Usually there is a team that's awful and they are pretty much relegated by this time. You might end up a bit like we did where we flirt with relegation all season and you stay up on the last day. Luton and Barnsley will probably go, but mad to think you, Stoke and Huddersfield have all been in the Premierleague in the last four years.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 27
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

I hadn't looked at the full table for a while but it's ridiculously close down the bottom too. Usually there is a team that's awful and they are pretty much relegated by this time. You might end up a bit like we did where we flirt with relegation all season and you stay up on the last day. Luton and Barnsley will probably go, but mad to think you, Stoke and Huddersfield have all been in the Premierleague in the last four years.

It was Barnsley and Luton until about two weeks ago. Think Barnsley hadn't won in something like 8 or 9 before they showed up at the Cottage and we know what happened there. Honestly wouldn't bet against Hull with the form they're on and having no Bowen and Grosicki.

Huddersfield/Charlton, Luton/Stoke and Reading/Barnsley this weekend as well.
  • They Caged Non
    6172 posts Big Money Move
    We are ❤️❤️❤️❤️, absolutely ❤️❤️❤️❤️... the club stinks of relegation from top to bottom.

our only hope as Aaron has said is Roberts, but id also add Ayala, he got injured in the last game we won, thats no coincidence.
  • iHilarious
    13253 posts Has That Special Something

We’re twice the side Real are. That’s how it works right?
  • BristolMDF
    1140 posts Professional
    iHilarious wrote: »

Benzema has Matty Taylor posters on his wall
  • Dizzy Bala
    3780 posts National Call-Up
    You're a bigger club than Braga too, they only have two stands.
  • Lard_Lad
    12719 posts Has That Special Something
    If we stay up and Fulham don’t go up I hope we go for Mitrovic. Too good for that league.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 27
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    If we stay up and Fulham don’t go up I hope we go for Mitrovic. Too good for that league.

Jf you did something like McBurnie + 25m for him I'd take that.

Think if he did go this summer it'd be to another London team though. He's talked about his family being settled in London constantly over the last 18 Months or so and how that was more important to him than leaving us last summer. He feels like a very Mourinho Striker as well to me (plus Spurs love signing our players). Would just be if he was happy to play second fiddle to Kane.
  • Farlz
    8886 posts League Winner
    :D Come on now fella
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    :D Come on now fella

I let him off because I'm the same way. I remember we were selling Play-Off tickets for the season we went out to Reading, but I didn't buy them until after the Sheffield Wednesday game on the last day, just in case there was a 20 goal swing or whatever Leeds needed to overtake us.
  • Hicksy2011
    16448 posts World Class

I know it must seem a little bizarre why I’m so anti Jackett but this story is definitely one of the reasons, he’s done it with so many players since he got here
    Treats them like absolute garbage
    I admit Pitman is a bit stroppy, but he got stripped of the captaincy, responds by working hard playing out of position and scored a few match winners. Wind the clock forward a couple of months and Jackett sent him to train with Bournemouth u23s, didn’t even want him around the club
    He didn’t let Roberts train with our first team squad when he was our only number 10 and desperate to play for us, just cretinous behaviour
  • Dandingooo
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

I know it must seem a little bizarre why I’m so anti Jackett but this story is definitely one of the reasons, he’s done it with so many players since he got here
    I admit Pitman is a bit stroppy, but he got stripped of the captaincy, responds by working hard playing out of position and scored a few match winners. Wind the clock forward a couple of months and Jackett sent him to train with Bournemouth u23s, didn’t even want him around the club
    He didn’t let Roberts train with our first team squad when he was our only number 10 and desperate to play for us, just cretinous behaviour

Him letting O’Hara rot was the best thing possible, fat, lazy player who mouthed off constantly to the fans. Sarcastically clapping them as he earned 30k a week when we got back to back relegations. He was absolutely toxic on and off the pitch.

Literally adored Jackett for creating the “bomb squad” and riding of us the toxicity of O’Hara, Henry and Johnson. Jackett started our rebuild with this and laid the foundations for what we are now. Fantastic squad management. Sad to see it’s not really worked out at Portsmouth
  • Dandingooo
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also O’Hara played against Carlisle and a few other teams from what I remember. More ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of a player.
  • Handy Andy
    5875 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

It was Barnsley and Luton until about two weeks ago. Think Barnsley hadn't won in something like 8 or 9 before they showed up at the Cottage and we know what happened there. Honestly wouldn't bet against Hull with the form they're on and having no Bowen and Grosicki.

Huddersfield/Charlton, Luton/Stoke and Reading/Barnsley this weekend as well.

Take me back to the 6 game spell over Christmas and new year when we were class
  • iHilarious
    13253 posts Has That Special Something
    Dandingooo wrote: »

Him letting O’Hara rot was the best thing possible, fat, lazy player who mouthed off constantly to the fans. Sarcastically clapping them as he earned 30k a week when we got back to back relegations. He was absolutely toxic on and off the pitch.

Literally adored Jackett for creating the “bomb squad” and riding of us the toxicity of O’Hara, Henry and Johnson. Jackett started our rebuild with this and laid the foundations for what we are now. Fantastic squad management. Sad to see it’s not really worked out at Portsmouth

Henry toxicity?
  • Dandingooo
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dandingooo wrote: »

Henry toxicity?

Karl, not James. James was fantastic, hell of a right foot
  • BristolMDF
    1140 posts Professional

God that’s a depressing memory. We were so bloody good that season, until we weren’t.
  • ryan217
    2921 posts Fans' Favourite
    BristolMDF wrote: »

God that’s a depressing memory. We were so bloody good that season, until we weren’t.

Best season ever imo
  • BristolMDF
    1140 posts Professional
    ryan217 wrote: »

Best season ever imo

I would have thought looking at Wolves progress since it’d depress you equally!
  • ryan217
    2921 posts Fans' Favourite
    ryan217 wrote: »

Best season ever imo

I would have thought looking at Wolves progress since it’d depress you equally!

Nah, Wolves had far greater resources than us and were always going to push on the way they have whereas we were punching hugely above our weight that season.
    Seeing us in the state we are now is pretty depressing though
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 28
    Wolves were always the best set up of the three teams that went up that season, because they literally had a Prem standard team in the Championship. Think the only people they changed was Ruddy, Douglas, N'Diaye and whoever they had up-front before Jimenez (Bonatini or Afobe?).

Whereas we had to buy a whole new team because of us being so reliant on loans to get us up (and we spent very badly), and Cardiff didn't really spend to improve.
  • Hicksy2011
    16448 posts World Class
    Got to get a win tonight don’t care how it comes
    Can’t be dropping points at home to Rochdale
    Good to see Lee Brown starting again, why not play our 3rd best LB, when our 2 best LBs are our best set piece takers, create bundles of chances and we as a team have a better defensive record with them :no_mouth:
  • NornIron
    13713 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 28
  • wheelerdeeler
    I'm interested to see what Norwich do over the summer if/when they go down. They presumably don't have to sell because they only spent about 2p, but they do have players that other teams will want.
  • Hicksy2011
    16448 posts World Class
    3 goals 3 points and a clean sheet happy days :)
    Some credit to Jackett for taking Brown off for Seddon after 50 mins, who came on and immediately scored and then set one up
    Although he shouldn’t have got that wrong in the first place
    That’s now 7 clean sheets for Bass in his first 13 games, ridiculous