NA WL fix

Fifapayne
1946 posts Fans' Favourite
edited February 26
As we fellow NAers know our WL is trash once elo kicks in..it’s already hard enough to play WL against Mexico which is located some 1500 miles away, Colombia, S. America 2000 miles away and now Peru..a whopping 3000 miles away. Please on gods green earth why am I playing anyone outside of the USA? Hell even playing east vs west coast is unbearable. Eastern USA need to play east cost only.
This is pathetic honestly.

@ea_roger

Fortnite has a server filter
CsGo has a ping filter
Every game has some sort of filter.
NA should never play SA unless it’s a lan event. My ping on any other game to PERU would be 300+
How am I meant to compete?

For the UK gang..this is like playing people from UK to Kazakhstan.

Comments

• Roobar
    1046 posts Professional
    I've moved from the UK to Canada this past year and yeah totally agree. I used to think servers and lag was awful in the UK (and it really is sometimes ) but here NA it's insane, never excellent, rarely good and often unplayable.

I think the problem is going to be not a big enough player base, sometimes it already take a while to find games and on the WL I often face the same opponents at least twice, this weekend I faced the same opponent back to back which was boring. The player base for Europe is much bigger so you often will face people closer to you.
  • Fifapayne
    It always makes me laugh when I hear people in Europe complains about how much of a connection advantage players from Germany and Netherlands have over them. I can confirm after playing in UK previously and now living in Canada that it’s far worse in NA when playing people from Mexico and SA

It’s awful
    I’ve never played Europe but they often complain about a distance of Florida to New York which is roughly 900-1000 miles and that’s 30-45 ping which is great lol
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6196 posts Big Money Move
    From Oklahoma. Played someone in Argentina a few weekends ago. That is farther away from my house than London.
  • bartsch88
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    So true. Any time I play someone and their club name or username is Spanish I instantly know I’m screwed. Not only the connection issue, but they also tend to be unbearable people to play, abusing things in the game, watch replays, shush, send messages with emoticons followed by “jajajajaja”
  • FijiBoy
    1166 posts Professional
    I live in Auckland and whenever i get connected to any Australia player I always have a tough time because of lag and sometimes stutter in game. Not really sure if New Zealand even has an EA server. @EA_Roger @EA_Andy are there any servers in NZ?
  • Roobar
    1046 posts Professional
    Already replied but just going to @EA_Andy and @EA_Roger to see if theres a solution, would rather wait longer for matches than keep playing silly distance games
  • Dave2791
    1107 posts Professional
    Same here, I'm from Mexico and playing against people in my country is really smooth, near to perfect gameplay, but when I play versus people from the USA or south America, it's a nightmare. For real, we need some kind of fix for this
  • Fifapayne
    Bump
  • Dave2791
    1107 posts Professional
    Is there anything that can be done here @EA_Roger ?
  • Empyrium7
    3545 posts National Call-Up
    does anyone know how many servers are there in NA ?
  • futaddikt
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing will be done, look how long we have been complaining and nothing , keep purchasing your FP though!
  • Bteox96
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's even better when you play honestly and move up divisions to right around D2. Matchmaking connection quality goes out the window entirely just to find an opponent lol.
  • JayyThunder
    4910 posts Big Money Move
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

I think there’s like two. One in Cali and one in like NC or something? Idr.

But I agree with this 1000%. It’s tough enough playing someone who’s forever away but on top of that, when they have lesser internet they get the connection advantage. It’s a nightmare. EU peeps have no idea how good you guys have it
  • Fifapayne
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

I think there’s like two. One in Cali and one in like NC or something? Idr.

But I agree with this 1000%. It’s tough enough playing someone who’s forever away but on top of that, when they have lesser internet they get the connection advantage. It’s a nightmare. EU peeps have no idea how good you guys have it

Comical how other games have multiple servers at multiple locations all over the world.
  • A_Snipe
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve played people in Chile which is 9000 km from Ontario Canada. It’s atrocious
  • Dave2791
    1107 posts Professional
    There is just no filter at all, its north America and south america all togethe
  • number7rocky
    5628 posts Big Money Move
    There isn't a big enough player base in each region, if you only played someone local i'm guessing you'd all get very favourable matchmaking.
  • Roobar
    1046 posts Professional
    I agree the player base is small, but I think if you set some sort of reasonable limits and knew the wait time would be a big longer most of us would be happy with that
  • Fifapayne
    There isn't a big enough player base in each region, if you only played someone local i'm guessing you'd all get very favourable matchmaking.

Lol well it’s better than playing someone in Peru....local USA is bigger than all of Europe.
    I’m sure there are plenty of people to play..
    Never had this problem in fifa 18.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6196 posts Big Money Move

I live in the southern US. Trust me. There are plenty of Mexicans to play all the time. No need to make me play someone from the Galápagos Islands.
  • number7rocky
    5628 posts Big Money Move

I live in the southern US. Trust me. There are plenty of Mexicans to play all the time. No need to make me play someone from the Galápagos Islands.

Yea but when your at a high or certain ELO in WL, if you only played people local there probably wouldn't be many others players available, so it either gives you easier matchmaking to play someone local or a fairer match but agaisnt someone really far away. EA take the second option I guess.
  • Fifapayne
    Bump..
    Every time in weekend league it happens
    14-0 .. I am now 14-4
    Every loss has been to a player 2000 miles away.
    It’s pathetic honestly.
    Please fix the NA servers already
  • Fifapayne
    edited May 3
    Bump
    Lost another game to a dude from Colombia.
    Thanks EA

90 percent of my losses are to South Americans or Mexicans.
    Brilliant match making
    The only online video game where you match people 2000 miles away from you consistently.

@EA_Roger
  • Fifapayne
    Bump for another one
    Lmao
    Fix this trash.
  • Fifapayne
    edited May 4
    Played another person from Colombia ..said he was getting 120-140 ping...
    My ping said 28.

What a game

I don’t even want to match west coast vs east coast USA
    It’s the same thing—mad delay.
  • Purplejacket
    3215 posts National Call-Up
    This is my #1 complaint, ors a different game when u play ppl from honduras etc, ur players dont even move.
  • D0lvl
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    Once u hit g3, all your matches are against s. Americans.

I said it before but all opponentdont rage quit like Euro dudes.

Euro dudes will quit down 1-0. Americas players will play sweaty even down 3-0.