Why are EA punishing me?

Wizbit81
432 posts Sunday League Hero
Div 9 again. Playing against inferior players with inferior teams.

My team will not win a single 50/50, header. Their keeper will save everything whilst my defence will let the likes of 78 rated players waltz through like they are invisible. Its been doing this for about 3 weeks now. The connection doesnt seem great but its not why im getting beat surely? If I do score the opposition will score almost immediately and it looks so suspect how it happens.

Comments

• Jpo41
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Because you didn't buy enough FIFA points
  • Wayno69
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    buy fifa points
  • Chogau1
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Really? How long does buying the fifa point boost last?
  • DANNY_M
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DONT BUY NOTHING!
  • Wizbit81
    My brother has just been round because he wants to see if im lying about it. He is div 2 and elite 1 on Ps with a team that is nowhere near near mine in terms of quality. He lost the 2 games he played in (div 9) and couldnt believe what he was seeing. He doesnt think the server speeds are too blame as it feels fairly responsive.

The number of times the ball should been easily intercepted was so clear when watching someone else. I noticed that he never won the ball once on a corner at both ends of the pitch. Short Passes were so poor and the first touch even worse. I have a very good team and have spent points on it.

His advice was to switch off and never play it again. He said he’s never played lower than div 3 and lost twice in div 9.

So EA why is this happening?
  • NornIron
    15540 posts World Class
    Try online fut friendly classic match.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wizbit81 wrote: »
    My brother has just been round because he wants to see if im lying about it. He is div 2 and elite 1 on Ps with a team that is nowhere near near mine in terms of quality. He lost the 2 games he played in (div 9) and couldnt believe what he was seeing. He doesnt think the server speeds are too blame as it feels fairly responsive.

The number of times the ball should been easily intercepted was so clear when watching someone else. I noticed that he never won the ball once on a corner at both ends of the pitch. Short Passes were so poor and the first touch even worse. I have a very good team and have spent points on it.

His advice was to switch off and never play it again. He said he’s never played lower than div 3 and lost twice in div 9.

Loool you sound like me making a fake story to get people convinced. Better get the flame suite ready. They are on to you within seconds bro.
  • Wizbit81
    Wizbit81 wrote: »

Loool you sound like me making a fake story to get people convinced. Better get the flame suite ready. They are on to you within seconds bro.

Ok thanks
  • IRON_KY94
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because you haven’t purchased Fifa points recently. Therefore a punishment is given
  • Wizbit81
    I have purchased plenty. I’ve been well and truly robbed!!
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    Div 9, end of discussion
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    If you do some nice things in the community then the lord will reward you with responsive and fun gameplay
  • JTID
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hear if you buy 12,000 Fifa points every month then this doesn’t happen.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Purchasing points does nothing. It’s an excuse used by poor players to justify losing. If you’re in div 9 you’re bad, that’s it. Maybe bad connections contribute but even that shouldn’t put you below div 4 if you’re decent. Just accept it, not everyone is good at everything.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play Seasons mode and leave FUT. You will feel the difference. It´s a different game, where you win or lose according to your skill.
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Try this. Then report back. Play with a lower rated meta-ish team. See if that fixes anything will be a nice experiment for this forum and I have my suspicions of the results.
  • Funkcrush
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2020
    Welcome to Fifa 20, where everyone knows what is happening but we either can't talk about it (like the s word) or the issue exist only in your head (like connectivity).

My only advice is to be calm as you winning or losing depends on a lot of factors, not necessarily connected to your gameplay.

Nothing is being done about it anyway, as little Jimmie's buy packs and we keep on going.
  • NLocco
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Buying fifa points won't change anything.You are playing the game to much.EA are using more engaged players in order to feed with excitement those less interested.Decrease your engagement level.Take a long break from fifa and then EA will try to lure you back by giving you a special treatment.Responsive gameplay,good packs.
  • cdbuck26
    3923 posts National Call-Up
    JTID wrote: »
    I hear if you buy 12,000 Fifa points every month then this doesn’t happen.

Month? Try every week and it'll get better by about .1%
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1442 posts Play-Off Hero
    How many points would one need to purchase for their team to perform instead of playing like 11 wooden spoons?
  • AlexBear012
    3401 posts National Call-Up
    How many points would one need to purchase for their team to perform instead of playing like 11 wooden spoons?

None. Div 9 players will be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ no matter the team is.

And im div 8
  • Fifapayne
    6401 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t believe your d2 elite 1 or whatever brother couldn’t win in d9..
  • NLocco
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2020
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Don’t believe your d2 elite 1 or whatever brother couldn’t win in d9..

It's true!Similar experience here!I have a friend who's elite to.And always bragging about himself being elite.I'm gold 2 no matter what.So l gave him to play at my house and he barely reached my usual gold 2 rank.
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    edited February 2020
    As one of the best players of fifa said in a interview lately "fifa 20 is unrewarding and anyone can win". So if he being a pro can point that out and still finding it hard to win without any surprise mechanics of the game, we still have heaps of toxic community members saying otherwise. 🤷‍♂️
    "The game is so like unrewarding, that anyone can win, like guys who arent good can win on fifa 20, and no one enjoys playing it but you know we're here and im in the semi final now, so yeah thats that"
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    Because EA is into sadomasochism. There are whole bunch of feelgood games, if you're not into it.
  • number7rocky
    8560 posts League Winner
    kraid wrote: »
    Purchasing points does nothing. It’s an excuse used by poor players to justify losing. If you’re in div 9 you’re bad, that’s it. Maybe bad connections contribute but even that shouldn’t put you below div 4 if you’re decent. Just accept it, not everyone is good at everything.

This, your just bad... Harsh but true 🤷‍♂️
  • Wayno69
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    NLocco wrote: »
    Buying fifa points won't change anything.You are playing the game to much.EA are using more engaged players in order to feed with excitement those less interested.Decrease your engagement level.Take a long break from fifa and then EA will try to lure you back by giving you a special treatment.Responsive gameplay,good packs.

THIS IS IT 100%
  • Wayno69
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    don't listen to the 'elite' KNOBS on this thread OP. They are good at the game sure, but im pretty sure they suck at life and/or are ugly which is why most of their comments in threads like this are, "you bad at the game sorry"

What these 'elite' players get from telling other people they are useless i'll never know but to each their own.

That being said, the div 2 player losing twice in div 9 does seem a bit far fetched LOL but I get what you're saying, just take a break man, come back in FIFA 21 maybe things will be different
  • Wizbit81
    I have played in div 6-7 mainly this fifa. I seem to win one then lose one but float around the 850 skill point bracket and have done since October. My team is far better now with Messi, R7, Prime makele, Cam Blanc, neymar, scream pique, baby Nesta, 98 Lala, 88 Veron etc.. now im down to 250 skill points and cant put 2 wins together? Ive been playing fifa for 6 years now and im not that bad really. Im not the best defensively but I am good at scoring.

What I saw yesterday with my brother playing (div2) was shocking to say the least, he found it quite funny but watching the ball roll over Makeles feet, R7 struggling to control a weak pass, Ter Stegen diving whilst seemingly not extending his arms is grade A B** S***!!

He got beat twice against lower rated teams, one guy had a cheap spanish league player upfront and scored the most compromised and assisted hatrick you will ever see.

He told me to get rid and buy another game instead.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Wayno69 wrote: »
    don't listen to the 'elite' KNOBS on this thread OP. They are good at the game sure, but im pretty sure they suck at life and/or are ugly which is why most of their comments in threads like this are, "you bad at the game sorry"

What these 'elite' players get from telling other people they are useless i'll never know but to each their own.

That being said, the div 2 player losing twice in div 9 does seem a bit far fetched LOL but I get what you're saying, just take a break man, come back in FIFA 21 maybe things will be different

So a lad posts saying he’s in div 9 and can’t win but none of it is his fault and ea have chosen to Make him lose all his games. You think it’s wrong to tell him to get a grip? Let’s feed his delusion and tell him he’s right, ea hate him specifically but really he’s probably the best player around.

This snowflake mentality is the real issue. If someone is bad at the game then they’re just bad. It doesn’t matter, it’s just a game. There’s no shame in it, you don’t have to make excuses for it. Everyone doesn’t have to be good at everything, we’re not all the same. Who cares if a stranger is bad at a game.