Your most toxic moment?

Stone_cold_tea93
3647 posts National Call-Up
Fifa brings out the worst in people. What's the most toxic you've been on this game?

Yesterday in WL I came up against a guy who had 89 Loan Gerrard with 1 game left and Prime Moments Kenny with 3.

I went 1-0 up, skipped my replay and celebration as I wasnt too thirsty and cracked on. My opponent scored from kick off with his Loan Gerrard and then decided to dab with his Gerrard

Well Gerrard hasn't dabbed since Robbie Fowler left the club so I thought ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ your Gerrard and quit out.

Comments

• CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    I usually get to G3 on WL (when I bother to partake) with a couple to spare and 'donate' these games, join with a bronze team and a couple of 'good cards' on the bench. However, I had a guy last year that literally ran the pitch doing the 'shhh' celebration after I scored the OG and then starting dabbing. He somehow managed to get all the way back into his own goal before triggering it, not sure how but he celebrated for a lot longer than I thought was possible.

Decided I wasn't giving a win to someone like that, so, utilised the 'good cards' I had in reserve for just such occasion. I subbed on FB Zlatan, scored an equaliser from KO, then left. Don't expect any thanks for a freebie, but don't be an arsehat about it.

Generally don't consider myself a 'toxic' player, skip replays and don't celebrate, only pause if I need to sub in (tactics are on the d-pad and will sub using quick subs if the players are right). Last year, was always quick to change my kit so no clashes, don't back out if I am the away team etc. All the usual. But if someone is clearly doing you a favour surely it is just common sense to NOT be a *insert choice word* about it.
  • AlexBear012
    3401 posts National Call-Up
    i think it was last year.

2-1 for my opponent and he dabs and shush the entire field.

starts wasting time, but i manage to score the 2-2 at around 85'.

guess what? i scored the 3-2 at 92' and won lol
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    I skip all my replays. Dont have time to watch them. I can think of 2 occasions weekend, 1 where I went in front and my opponent watched all his replays as to ger him 2-1 in front and another game where I went 2 down and this opponent watched all his replays.

This brought out my inner sweat and made me determined to win. Celebrated all my goals like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shushing all the way to the camera.
  • DFC1983
    1313 posts Professional
    Was losing 3-0, opponent either ssshhhh or ear clasp celebrated every goal.. I clawed 1 back with 35 to go, got a second with 25 to go, opponent then started passing the ball about for the last 20+ minutes so i couldnt get the ball.. well guess what happened, his keeper miss-kicked a long ball straight to my striker, 3-3 boom full celebration replay... Suddenly he realises with 2 mins left in the game clock he's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up and has to go for it, goes for it, i counter, 92 min 4-3 to me, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me i hate the ssshhh celebration but damnit first and only time i've ever used it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1117 posts Professional
    I don't normally do toxic (not on purpose), most toxic thing that has happened to me was some guy watching every second of every replay, full celebrations etch, full pauses.... during a friendly while trying to get an online friendly out of the way for a daily a while back.
  • This game (and some of the Kn0bhe4ds who play it) ...can reeeeeally make your blood boil....but you dont have to sink to their level....sometimes there's actually a better way...

As ive said previously, subbing on AYEW and Koch .. for passing practice always works well..

I also have LB ....Diechmann whom has a few sub goalie appearances for me...

My absolute fav though was some cretin that sent me a voice message the other day accusing me of using a cheat code... :D

He went one nil up and then brought on two icons....for some reason he was surprised that the AI turned on him and started helping me instead.....at 3-1 he quit and went full psycho on the messenger..

In response to the tirade of threats and abuse...I sent a poorly worded reply explaining to him that I didnt know how to open his message...and that my "brother" didnt usually let me play on his xbox..I asked him if this was squad battles (because that's what my brother plays) ...then I finished it off by asking him if he wanted to play me at Disneyland Adventures and signed it off "Olivia" with a XX :D
  • Pandorrann
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    I often get such bad delay that if my opponent plays it around their defence I can’t even get close to getting the ball back.

My worst rage is when I was dominating a guy for the first half. Second half he gets a lucky kick off goal and then starts playing it around his defence from the 50th minute. By minute 70 I realise it’s hopeless ever getting the ball back so I ragequit out and almost threw my controller through the door.
  • RedDevilNL
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was playing an online friendly for the daily objective (score one goal in a friendly). Ordinarily, if I get to the second half and my opponent hasn't scored I'll let him because I can't imagine any other reason people are playing friendlies. Played a guy who parked the bus with OLBS so I decided ❤️❤️❤️❤️ him I'm playing sweaty as well. I scored two and pressed L1R1. The guy finally scored around the hour mark and did the shush, watched the replay and cut scenes. I pressed pause, laid my controller upside down on the floor and went and unloaded the dishwasher.

Best part was when I came back expecting the game to be over the guy had an 11-2 lead and I had a goal kick. I went and put the few dirty dishes I had into the dishwasher.
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2020
    RedDevilNL wrote: »
    Was playing an online friendly for the daily objective (score one goal in a friendly). Ordinarily, if I get to the second half and my opponent hasn't scored I'll let him because I can't imagine any other reason people are playing friendlies. Played a guy who parked the bus with OLBS so I decided ❤️❤️❤️❤️ him I'm playing sweaty as well. I scored two and pressed L1R1. The guy finally scored around the hour mark and did the shush, watched the replay and cut scenes. I pressed pause, laid my controller upside down on the floor and went and unloaded the dishwasher.

Best part was when I came back expecting the game to be over the guy had an 11-2 lead and I had a goal kick. I went and put the few dirty dishes I had into the dishwasher.

I used to get really irritated with this and gave up on the "dailies".

Then @BeastlyHusla kindly pointed out to me that they changed it a few weeks back from Online friendlies to just friendlies...

Basically you can play against the AI...instead..offline

if you put your user settings to beginner.. its just like a squad battle....you can score one and then watch some TV for ten mins...

• RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    I really don't see how anything about the game can be toxic.

So, someone does a particular celebration and I'm supposed to be upset or find it difficult to watch?

They play a certain formation and I'm meant to be overwhelmed by frustration and give up?

You play the cards you are dealt, or don't play, right?

Isn't that what grown ups do?

Or do we worry about an in game celebration to the point we call it "toxic"?

Now, E.A, the business model, the lack of investment, the contempt for the player, that's toxic.

A guy shushing...not so much.
  • Amdp9
    6855 posts Big Money Move
    Last night I was on my way to GOLD 2 and last game and I needed the win. Moreover I was winning the game by 2-1 and opponent quit the game and it counted as a game for me. I smacked my controller on the ground
  • RedDevilNL
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    RedDevilNL wrote: »

I used to get really irritated with this and gave up on the "dailies".

Then @BeastlyHusla kindly pointed out to me that they changed it a few weeks back from Online friendlies to just friendlies...

Basically you can play against the AI...instead..offline

if you put your user settings to beginner.. its just like a squad battle....you can score one and then watch some TV for ten mins...

Thanks for the heads up. I few weeks back when the objective only specified the match type I did it offline but it didn't count. I've done it online ever since. The best part of doing it offline is sometimes the matchmaking takes forever.
  • Lincoln_Imp
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If some one celebrates against me and watches replays, ifI get the comeback, I’ll watch every cut scene, use all my pauses for the full amount of time, sub on players individually and take goal kicks/throws for the max amount of time and run to the corner at every opportunity proceeding to do kick ups.

Never celebrate or watch replays any other time.
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2020
    I’m toxic all the time. Sorry not sorry. If you’re playing drop back 1 depth and I beat you. You’re getting shushed.

If I’m winning and you’re still on drop back 1 depth not putting any pressure on the ball, sprinting around with your 1 forward while your back line is in your 6. I’m passing around the back. Play the effing game man.

I’m not just going to let you sit there and counter me.
  • D14
    3801 posts National Call-Up
    Depending how much I like the player I play against and how original the team depends how I play, if its a generic Rashford, Vardy esc team I'll be awful, if it's an original team like SuperLig x Saudi team i'll skip replays etc.
  • RexAnglo1066
    I’m toxic all the time. Sorry not sorry. If you’re playing drop back 1 depth and I beat you. You’re getting shushed.

If I’m winning and you’re still on drop back 1 depth not putting any pressure on the ball, sprinting around with your 1 forward while your back line is in your 6. I’m passing around the back. Play the effing game man.

Exactly.

The problem isn't you shushing, in my opinion, it's the people getting upset by the shushing.
  • Stone_cold_tea93

You complain a lot anyway we know you're toxic 😂

Exactly.

The problem isn't you shushing, in my opinion, it's the people getting upset by the shushing.

It doesnt have to be shushing. It can be any celebration they trigger tbh. When you have 20 games of WL to play you want to get through them ASAP. You dont want to sit through every 40 second cut scene. It's the intentions behind the celebration not the celebration itself.
  • grogans_heroes
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    On "Black Friday" I responded to a sales flyer and got this game 1/2 off. Then I came back to this forum after 3 years away...Really a chicken or the egg situation...
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    If you didn't read this forum and find out what was annoying you probably wouldn't be annoyed by any of it
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    madwullie wrote: »
    If you didn't read this forum and find out what was annoying you probably wouldn't be annoyed by any of it

I remember a time like that. Kick Off goals were a thing then and were irritating.

Tbh people knocking the ball round the back is nothing new. I remember it been done to me in a Seasons Cup match on Fifa 10
  • McSwigan
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special

So, someone does a particular celebration and I'm supposed to be upset or find it difficult to watch?

They play a certain formation and I'm meant to be overwhelmed by frustration and give up?

Now, E.A, the business model, the lack of investment, the contempt for the player, that's toxic.

It’s about time. Perhaps yours isn’t very valuable? Mine is. If you want to celebrate and watch replays, do it in squad battles or friendlies. She-it, you can preview all the celebrations in the customization menu with any player you want. The game has been out for ages now, surely you’ve seen it all by now. You could easily play 7 games in the amount of time it takes to play 6 if you skip replays and all the nonsense. The only people who waste time with the pointless stuff are looking for rage quits, which is trashy behavior. As people used to say in the 90s, don’t be a.....what’s that three letter word that means bundle of sticks, starts with an F?......
  • GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    The only way I can enjoy the game is by being toxic, so for daily challenges I will sometimes go in the friendly mode and just pass around the back for example to prevent my opponent from scoring and completing the challenge.

I will also purposely concede penalties when I'm drawing just to close the application, I try and get the ball in the corner as early as possible and so on.
  • Finesse_4days
    17865 posts World Class
    Deliberately bring on Akinfenwa off the bench to shield in the corner for the last 10 minutes or so in my own half but that was on old Fifas, this year probably doing too many camera celebrations which I don't think is that bad TBH but they look visually horrible this year and I can see why people would hate them. I usually skip replays so I am not that toxic or annoying usually.
  • CustardHippo
    Just played a guy that equalised then quit, he messaged me saying “hahaha stopped you doing your objective win”

Next game 2-0 up and he quits now sat watching a loading symbol as the camera spins around the stadium. Been stuck 10mins now.

Ladies and gentlemen, FIFA20 in summary. One deliberately quitting to prevent any objective progress, and now someone quitting and leaving me stuck.
  • Just played a guy that equalised then quit, he messaged me saying “hahaha stopped you doing your objective win”

Next game 2-0 up and he quits now sat watching a loading symbol as the camera spins around the stadium. Been stuck 10mins now.

Ladies and gentlemen, FIFA20 in summary. One deliberately quitting to prevent any objective progress, and now someone quitting and leaving me stuck.

Bit late now..but

I’m pretty sure that a restart of the router is the best option here...it’ll boot you out of fut but you’ll have the objective done when you log back in....

Restarting the game from the home screen is a no no in my experience as the result of your match wont register.....

Can’t promise this is definitive though (but it has worked this way for me)
  • CustardHippo
    Just played a guy that equalised then quit, he messaged me saying “hahaha stopped you doing your objective win”

Bit late now..but

I’m pretty sure that a restart of the router is the best option here...it’ll boot you out of fut but you’ll have the objective done when you log back in....

Restarting the game from the home screen is a no no in my experience as the result of your match wont register.....

Can’t promise this is definitive though (but it has worked this way for me)

Thanks for the reply my man. I went to football and left it on, came back and the PS had turned off to power save. Logged back in and I had the win and objective had another win. Kind of glad, has been a lot of pain doing objectives at the moment
  • Samyfishiee
    55 posts Park Captain
    i was playing this guy with a full icons + messi + CR7. initially when he first scored, it was all good.

In the second half, i came back and get myself in the front. He started pausing the game and literally start shooting messages at my screen with all the %$@$!@$ and how toxic i am..... i was like.... huh? just because i am winning and played the game properly, i am toxic?

what is considered toxic? i dont watch replays, i dont hush.... so how am i branded toxic?
  • RexAnglo1066
    McSwigan wrote: »

It’s about time. Perhaps yours isn’t very valuable? Mine is. If you want to celebrate and watch replays, do it in squad battles or friendlies. She-it, you can preview all the celebrations in the customization menu with any player you want. The game has been out for ages now, surely you’ve seen it all by now. You could easily play 7 games in the amount of time it takes to play 6 if you skip replays and all the nonsense. The only people who waste time with the pointless stuff are looking for rage quits, which is trashy behavior. As people used to say in the 90s, don’t be a.....what’s that three letter word that means bundle of sticks, starts with an F?......

It's about time, is it?

Bet you spend hours each week sifting through consumables, listing stuff on the market, tinkering with your formation etc...?

Why stop there?

How much time do you waste eating?

Sleeping?

If losing 6 seconds is upsetting you so much, save time elsewhere...like don't leave meaningless comments on forums...that'll save you time.

You know, seeing as how your time is soooo valuable.

• RexAnglo1066

Exactly.

It doesnt have to be shushing. It can be any celebration they trigger tbh. When you have 20 games of WL to play you want to get through them ASAP. You dont want to sit through every 40 second cut scene. It's the intentions behind the celebration not the celebration itself.

Agreed.

But, you can't control what they do so why let it bother you?
  • Stone_cold_tea93

Exactly.

Agreed.

But, you can't control what they do so why let it bother you?

How much it bothers me depends on how bad my losing streak is.