The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• RayS
    30013 posts National Team Captain
    GOT HIM!!!!!!!!

Fresh one popped up at 990k. Much better than what I imagined I'd pay. Will play a few games tonight
  • hellodee
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RayS wrote: »
    GOT HIM!!!!!!!!

Fresh one popped up at 990k. Much better than what I imagined I'd pay. Will play a few games tonight

We expect a review in few hrs
  • RayS
    hellodee wrote: »
    GOT HIM!!!!!!!!

Well, got about 6 games. 1 win and 5 losses lol.

Always a bit hard to evaluate a player when you lose a lot, but so far I'd summarize as follows:

Ran him with Sniper

Pace:
    Even without any pace boost, Nakata's acceleration from a standstill or strafe dribble is really great. He simply flies past defenders in the first burst. His top speed isn't anything special but that's fine for him as a False 9

Shooting:
    Okay here's where I'm truly baffled. Maybe I just had a very off night in terms of shooting (I only scored a few goals throughout the 6 games), but Nakata couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn (he ended up 3 goals in 6 with one penalty). The weird thing is that his Prime was a phenomenal finisher, and the PIM has +3 finishing, +5 shot power, +7 long shots, +4 curve, and +5 composure... Again, maybe just an off night for me, so I'll see how he is after further games.

Passing:
    Excellent for either a CAM or CF/F9 role. Crisp short and long passing.

Dribbling:
    Excellent as well. Great first touch. Great dribbling in skill moves, left stick dribbling , and strafe dribbling .

Physical:
    Not very strong and stamina still drains a bit, but that's to be expect with a minimal boost here

Defense:
    Can put in the odd tackle here and there but not really something u need from him

In summary - I think it's too early to fully evaluate, but initially I'm not blown away by PIM Nakata. Especially the shooting has been strange, but I think I just need to give him more games. No regrets getting him, and I plan to keep him as the central part of my team for the rest of the year. His pace, passing, and dribbling is great so he will either be my main man as a CF or a CAM if I can't get his finishing better.
  • RayS
    GOT HIM!!!!!!!!

Well, got about 6 games. 1 win and 5 losses lol.

Always a bit hard to evaluate a player when you lose a lot, but so far I'd summarize as follows:

Ran him with Sniper

Pace:
    Even without any pace boost, Nakata's acceleration from a standstill or strafe dribble is really great. He simply flies past defenders in the first burst. His top speed isn't anything special but that's fine for him as a False 9

Shooting:
    Okay here's where I'm truly baffled. Maybe I just had a very off night in terms of shooting (I only scored a few goals throughout the 6 games), but Nakata couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn (he ended up 3 goals in 6 with one penalty). The weird thing is that his Prime was a phenomenal finisher, and the PIM has +3 finishing, +5 shot power, +7 long shots, +4 curve, and +5 composure... Again, maybe just an off night for me, so I'll see how he is after further games.

Passing:
    Excellent for either a CAM or CF/F9 role. Crisp short and long passing.

Dribbling:
    Excellent as well. Great first touch. Great dribbling in skill moves, left stick dribbling , and strafe dribbling .

Physical:
    Not very strong and stamina still drains a bit, but that's to be expect with a minimal boost here

Defense:
    Can put in the odd tackle here and there but not really something u need from him

In summary - I think it's too early to fully evaluate, but initially I'm not blown away by PIM Nakata. Especially the shooting has been strange, but I think I just need to give him more games. No regrets getting him, and I plan to keep him as the central part of my team for the rest of the year. His pace, passing, and dribbling is great so he will either be my main man as a CF or a CAM if I can't get his finishing better.

Edit:
    One of the goals he scored, he took very well on his weak foot and at a tight angle. It's mainly the last game I played that I just couldn't seem to score with him (or anyone tbh). So honestly, I think I'll appreciate his finishing if I give him more chances.

This was that goal
    https://streamable.com/oon5y
  • Tesco
    6778 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 20
    Honda in concepts

75 CAM

Not seen on market
  • Tesco
    Mmm I think they have added him to the database but haven't released the cards into packs
  • RayS
    Tesco wrote: »
    Mmm I think they have added him to the database but haven't released the cards into packs

What they waiting for? Or have they realized he's not at the club anymore :D
  • hellodee

What they waiting for? Or have they realized he's not at the club anymore :D

Seems like it...gee, EA, good game
  • hellodee

Ribery is in pack already
  • hellodee
    I am so mad ... where's HONDA. Why didnt they add shinji okazaki back to game. Like EA given us all this momentum this year but then screws us ... they really know what their fanbase want eh?
  • RayS
    I am so mad ... where's HONDA. Why didnt they add shinji okazaki back to game. Like EA given us all this momentum this year but then screws us ... they really know what their fanbase want eh?

Yeah, I don't get it. They've given us some really nice Japanese cards this year, but then completely miss other very easy opportunities to add more.
  • CosmicDance
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks for the review @RayS

Still grinding through this god forsaken icon swaps to pick up Nakata. Two to go, hell awaits I'm sure.

On the plus side though, I just found out that Optus Sport here in good old 'Straya (Australia) are going to be broadcasting 4 J League games a week with English commentary, plus a weekly highlights show.

So very happy about that! Will be watching the opener tomorrow.
  • RayS

Still grinding through this god forsaken icon swaps to pick up Nakata. Two to go, hell awaits I'm sure.

On the plus side though, I just found out that Optus Sport here in good old 'Straya (Australia) are going to be broadcasting 4 J League games a week with English commentary, plus a weekly highlights show.

Happy to do it :)

wowa, that's huge! Wish they'd do something like that in the States. Hoping for some nice J-leagures in future TOTWs.
  • hellodee

Happy to do it :)

wowa, that's huge! Wish they'd do something like that in the States. Hoping for some nice J-leagures in future TOTWs.

Didn't a Japanese goalie scored a goal last yr and he still didn't get an inform?
  • hellodee
    Kamada Garrick...motm..here we come
  • hellodee

i mean Hattrick. So he will get Intl MOTM? anyone guess what his card will look like. Silver to Orange looks like a +6 to +9 boost. I guess he will have 80+ pace, close 80 shooting, 80 passing, 80+ dribbling, and 70 phy. NICE!!!

We finally have a bigger dude for attacking.
  • RayS

i mean Hattrick. So he will get Intl MOTM? anyone guess what his card will look like. Silver to Orange looks like a +6 to +9 boost. I guess he will have 80+ pace, close 80 shooting, 80 passing, 80+ dribbling, and 70 phy. NICE!!!

I was trying so hard to figure out who "Kamada Garrick" was :D:D:D a Japanese American guy maybe.
  • RayS

also YES PLEASE!
  • hellodee

also YES PLEASE!

Don't get excited yet. I went to look and I don't think they issued a imotm yet. It's only for domestic league so far. Who knows. They might just give a blind eye again. That would be soooo disappointing.
  • CosmicDance

also YES PLEASE!

Don't get excited yet. I went to look and I don't think they issued a imotm yet. It's only for domestic league so far. Who knows. They might just give a blind eye again. That would be soooo disappointing.

What a boss! I really hope he gets something.

I didn't see the game, watching the highlights now... He started from RM though, we're pretty much covered there.

Wouldn't mind lifting him to a RF though and playing him upfront.
  • hellodee

also YES PLEASE!

What a boss! I really hope he gets something.

I didn't see the game, watching the highlights now... He started from RM though, we're pretty much covered there.

Wouldn't mind lifting him to a RF though and playing him upfront.

Really, hope not. I think the lineup below looks pretty official. uEfa website shows different. Anyone watched the game ? Where was he playing?

• hellodee
    We got our kamada motm
  • RayS
    We got our kamada motm

Just saw it. Kubo is obviously the much better RW but still nice to have more options!
  • hellodee
    We got our kamada motm

Just saw it. Kubo is obviously the much better RW but still nice to have more options!

I m playing him as cf. He might get another motm at this rate.
  • Tesco
    Congratulations to Endo for equalling the record for appearances in the J league with 631

Would be nice if EA gives him a special card when he goes on to surpass the record
  • Ryno
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 24
    K League opening fixtures likely to be postponed as well due to coronavirus
  • Tesco
    Ryno wrote: »
    K League opening fixtures likely to be postponed as well due to coronavirus

A shame but sensible.

Rather they try and look after everyone's safety.
  • Tesco
    Nakata down to 883k BIN on PS4

Not sure at what price to bite at as it still seems expensive compared to the 88 which is down to 260k
  • CosmicDance
    It's really annoying me not having that PIM Nakata in my squad.

Went 14 wins this weekend league with Kamada at RF and Kubo at ST.

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

These are all legitimately all Rivals and WL. He is honestly a monster. Misses some easy chances on the occasion, but I can forgive him.

Kamada was actually decent at RF... 30 games, 14 goals and 15 assists. Got a little less effective when I was against tougher opponents, but I expected that.

Annoying thing for me was I was 11-5 and then lost SEVEN games in a row, then won 3 in a row and I was done at that point.
  • RayS
    It's really annoying me not having that PIM Nakata in my squad.

Went 14 wins this weekend league with Kamada at RF and Kubo at ST.

Speaking of the man...

t1EnGrO.png

These are all legitimately all Rivals and WL. He is honestly a monster. Misses some easy chances on the occasion, but I can forgive him.

Kamada was actually decent at RF... 30 games, 14 goals and 15 assists. Got a little less effective when I was against tougher opponents, but I expected that.

Annoying thing for me was I was 11-5 and then lost SEVEN games in a row, then won 3 in a row and I was done at that point.

dang you've racked up the games (and goals!) and Kubo already! You score any free kicks with him yet?

Good job slogging through that losing streak too. I tend to get really frustrated anytime I've lost more than even 3 in a row!