The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Lard_Lad
    12691 posts Has That Special Something
    40 points before the end February, did not expect that. Pretty much safe now, what a season so far. Really should have won yesterday though had more than enough chances. Gotta start converting them if we want Europe.
  • Handy Andy
    5849 posts Big Money Move
    dannyboy wrote: »
    LEEDS ARMY

u ok @Handy Andy

no
  • They Caged Non
    6041 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t wait for League One next season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6816 posts Big Money Move
    Got Inform Woodrow out of my 125k Pack for 300 FUT Champs wins and now I'm sad all over again.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3757 posts National Call-Up
    Got Inform Woodrow out of my 125k Pack for 300 FUT Champs wins and now I'm sad all over again.

Lmao, that's bait
  • WFCBagnall
    77417 posts Moderator
    Rory Gaffney has left. Get in.

Hadn't played in months and he was one of our biggest earners as we had to pay his wages whilst on loan.

Hopefully that means we can get someone else in.
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    0-3 at home, one shot on target (89th minute) and conceded moments after the opposition went down to ten men.

Opening line from Johnson, post game?

“I didn’t think there was much in it”.

dont worry you will win easily on tuesday we are bloody woeful :/
  • NornIron
    13546 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Great goal, our under 17s have alot of great young players coming through at atm, another young player Charlie Lindsay '' Rangers'' scored a great goal a few days ago. Portsmouth have 3 young ones from N.I afaik.
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Hadn't played in months and he was one of our biggest earners as we had to pay his wages whilst on loan.

Signed for Shamrock Rovers what kinda money was he on do you know?
  • WFCBagnall
    77417 posts Moderator
    NornIron wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Great goal, our under 17s have alot of great young players coming through at atm, another young player Charlie Lindsay '' Rangers'' scored a great goal a few days ago. Portsmouth have 3 young ones from N.I afaik.
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Signed for Shamrock Rovers what kinda money was he on do you know?

Around 2-2.5k a week.

Pretty sure we were paying it all and the reason why he never left last month was because we would have had to pay out money to release him from his loan.
  • AaronMFC
    1764 posts Play-Off Hero
    Theres a very strong chance we're going down 1 point out of 9 in 3 consecutive games against the bottom 3. Was in Porto at the weekend so no idea if we were as bad as we were against luton. Leeds tomorrow night is a terrifying prospect.
  • Hicksy2011
    15822 posts World Class
    I don’t have the words for how much I dislike lee brown and Kenny jackett
  • wheelerdeeler
    Today is another good indicator that all of the teams at the top of the Championship bar West Brom have seen VAR and gone "Nah, you're alright".
  • Hicksy2011
    15822 posts World Class
    Spent millions on a league 1 team to get 30% possession at home against the team in 22nd
    All while having alienated all of our best players and selling all of our best youth players because they are ‘too inexperienced’
  • JamieC
    828 posts Semi-Pro

WHAT THE ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ARE YOU DOING MALDON!?
  • Handy Andy
    5849 posts Big Money Move
    @Farlz not surprised that Bacuna is involved at all :D
  • Farlz
    8792 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    @Farlz not surprised that Bacuna is involved at all :D
    :D:D

How has this bloke still got a career in English football

• wheelerdeeler
    Cardiff signing him while they were in the Prem has to have been some dodgy agent deal or something.
  • strings79
    not sure how bristol city are up near the top they look bloody woeful could have easily been 4 or 5 if we had taken our chances .Good to see Jack Hunt still cant defend :)
  • wheelerdeeler
    strings79 wrote: »
    not sure how bristol city are up near the top they look bloody woeful

Feel like that can be said about most teams this season. I know it's probably said every year, but this is genuinely the worst overall standard I've seen in the Championship since we got relegated in 2014. West Brom didn't win a game for a month and they're still running away with the league.

Most Fulham fans are genuinely baffled that we are where we are when we've genuinely played well in about 5 games this season. We're just lucky we've got a genuine difference maker like Mitrovic I suppose.
  • strings79 wrote: »
    not sure how bristol city are up near the top they look bloody woeful could have easily been 4 or 5 if we had taken our chances .Good to see Jack Hunt still cant defend :)

Honestly, we don't know how we're 7th either. If we didn't have Dan Bentley (barring the odd mistake) we'd be struggling massively
  • Dizzy Bala
    3757 posts National Call-Up
    not sure how bristol city are up near the top they look bloody woeful

Feel like that can be said about most teams this season. I know it's probably said every year, but this is genuinely the worst overall standard I've seen in the Championship since we got relegated in 2014. West Brom didn't win a game for a month and they're still running away with the league.

Most Fulham fans are genuinely baffled that we are where we are when we've genuinely played well in about 5 games this season. We're just lucky we've got a genuine difference maker like Mitrovic I suppose.

On paper, this season was yours and West Brom's to lose. West Brom aren't gunna falter now, they've reinforced in January and it's going to see them over the finish line.

I actually think that the league is more interesting when you've got teams constantly climbing over one another. We've not been out of the top six since Boxing Day and based on games in 2020, we're top of the league. We've thrown away the Charlton and QPR games, plus before tonight we'd not won in three games.

Beyond West Brom, I'd say any two from Leeds, Forest, Fulham, Brentford, Preston, Bristol City, Blackburn, Swansea, Cardiff and Millwall have a chance at 2nd and winning the playoff.

This time last year we were 8th with Martin O'Neill as manager and the year before we were 15th, I'm along for the ride at this point.
  • strings79
    mott1993 wrote: »

Honestly, we don't know how we're 7th either. If we didn't have Dan Bentley (barring the odd mistake) we'd be struggling massively

any reason why kasey palmer isnt playing regularly for you ? he was bloody class when we had him on loan from chelsea not as good as Emile Smith Rowe like but still quality . Is it lack of form or does the dwarf just not like him ? was well chuffed Eliasson didmt start for you he tore us a new one last time we played you.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    edited February 26
    It’s honestly the biggest grift in history that we’re in the top half let alone somehow still inexplicably only 3 points from 6th.

Absolute rubbish served up consistently for two years now with the occasional jammy result delaying the inevitable annual collapse from a position of strength to a lukewarm fizzle come the end off the season.

Four years and still hasn’t got a clue what his best team or system looks like. He’s had about seven transfer windows and still says he hasn’t got what he needs in the squad despite having more money than any manager in our history by a country mile.

Bangs on about ‘identity’ like we actually have one. Beyond ‘turgid lifeless crap’ there’s not a shred of identity about us. Players look like complete strangers who have absolutely no idea what they’re being asked to execute.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    mott1993 wrote: »

any reason why kasey palmer isnt playing regularly for you ? he was bloody class when we had him on loan from chelsea not as good as Emile Smith Rowe like but still quality . Is it lack of form or does the dwarf just not like him ? was well chuffed Eliasson didmt start for you he tore us a new one last time we played you.

He’s been fairly crap when given the chance to be honest. I don’t know why signed him given he didn’t really impress on loan either.

To be fair to him he had a good partnership going with Afobe and I’m sure he could have one with Wells. I won’t write him off until I see him under a coach that actually sets out to play attacking football, so probably when he leaves here.....
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    edited February 26
    Johnson acting like a child when he gets found out, imagine my shock. Normally the beginning of the end when you start being a twunt with the press.

2-A0-BA343-C330-492-F-B1-AB-FFA81-A49-EED0.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    Wouldn’t have started Arter, Bryan, Cairney or Knockaert tonight. So good team, apart from... a quarter of the team.
  • Hicksy2011
    15822 posts World Class
    We’ve been given 50,300 initially for Wembley
    Salford have been given 3000 :joy:
  • Farlz
    8792 posts League Winner
    Hang on 3000? :D
  • wheelerdeeler
    If I die early it’s because of Fulham.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Mitrovic is absolutely top drawer at everything except pens. That’s what we’ve learned today.