TV Series Thread

Comments

• Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started watching House of Cards yesterday. I really like Kevin Spacey so I should be able to binge watch it quite quickly.
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Does anyone else watch FOTC? I don't know if it's just the New Zealand accent, but the show is hilarious.
    I watched the first season quite a while ago, I really enjoyed it.

• dannyboy
    12776 posts Has That Special Something
    Not as hyped for GoT as I have been in the past, just hope they don't make a load of changes from the books again.
    The TV show has almost caught up with the books, so there's probably going to be a few changes. I don't think I'm going to watch it.
  • Pretty sure I read that one of the creators of GoT said this season will be a lot different from the books. But I haven't read the books or that article, I just saw a headline somewhere.

Justified was good, setting up for a great finale.

The Flash has another mini-break, it seems to have 2+ week breaks more than most shows.
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kinda losing my faith in The Blacklist. Thought the first season was excellent and the second season shaped up nicely until the mid season break...eh, we'll see.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5211 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Not as hyped for GoT as I have been in the past, just hope they don't make a load of changes from the books again.
    The TV show has almost caught up with the books, so there's probably going to be a few changes. I don't think I'm going to watch it.
    Would like to say I'd do the same, but I couldn't not watch it. Still better than 90% of everything else on TV.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2275 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is Eps 8 of mad men the new one? Cant remember anymore
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is Eps 8 of mad men the new one? Cant remember anymore
    Yep. Severance, episode 8.
  • Low Ki
    11544 posts Has That Special Something
    Chow wrote: »
    Kinda losing my faith in The Blacklist. Thought the first season was excellent and the second season shaped up nicely until the mid season break...eh, we'll see.

I can never get tired of James Spader's obviously **** embellished stories.

Going to be weird watching him in Avengers as Ultron and thinking of Red Reddington and Alan Shore from Boston Legal.
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Low Ki wrote: »

Going to be weird watching him in Avengers as Ultron and thinking of Red Reddington and Alan Shore from Boston Legal.
    James Spader is the only thing that keeps me watching The Blacklist lol. It feels like the story's not going anywhere, like they keep adding new lines to go down but they take too long to tie things up...maybe that's just me.
  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up

James Spader is the only thing that keeps me watching The Blacklist lol. It feels like the story's not going anywhere, like they keep adding new lines to go down but they take too long to tie things up...maybe that's just me.

He was awful in the Office. Couldn't stand season 8 because of him
  • Chubbs
    14206 posts Has That Special Something
    Why do people care if its different from the book? Seems like a hipster thing to do.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Why do people care if its different from the book? Seems like a hipster thing to do.
    Most of the changes are awful, ruins the full potential.
  • Low Ki
    11544 posts Has That Special Something
    To be fair the books became pretty bad about book 4.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional

That's a blatant lie.

Benioff and Weiss' changes are genuinely catastrophic. Their knowledge of the books is hilariously shallow. It looks like they're entering full on fan-fiction mode with the latest season so I'm hardly bothered about the show spoiling the books. Won't be watching anyway for good measure but that's mainly because I can't handle anymore of the awfulness.
  • SC1967
    10538 posts Has That Special Something
    Might be a stupid question...

Daredevil starts tomorrow (well midnight tonight), so for those in the UK will it be released at midnight or midnight in the US, therefore early morning over here?
  • Just finished Dexter :cry:
    Watching breaking bad and better call saul atm
  • dannyboy
    The fifth book is the second best one, in my opinion.
  • Conor Afc
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haven't got a clue what's even going on in Mad Men anymore. The latest episode baffled me completely.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Conor Afc wrote: »
    Haven't got a clue what's even going on in Mad Men anymore. The latest episode baffled me completely.
    What's confusing you?
  • Conor Afc
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Daniel wrote: »
    Conor Afc wrote: »
    What's confusing you?
    I just couldn't follow it at all, it might of been because I haven't watched it in ages.

It felt like too much was going on in one episode.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    First True Detective teaser trailer.

• Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Vaughn looks seriously out of place
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Vince Vaughn will prove everyone wrong.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    stickey wrote: »
    Vince Vaughn will prove everyone wrong.
    Agree.

• Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only a minute sample but he looked to be getting the subtleties right there. It's Farrell I'm worried about. Not his ability as an actor, just that he may try and be a little too much like McConaughey.
  • dannyboy
    Not a huge fan of Vaughn, hope he doesn't screw it up.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I hope the case is a little bit more engaging this time, I found the case intriguing at first but by the end really didn't care.
  • SC1967
    10538 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't wait for True Detective, the first season was phenomenal. Probably the best season of TV I've seen.

I love the cast, Vaughn suits the role of a villain perfectly. And Farrell is a solid actor.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Even though it's only a one minute long teaser, you can still tell that this will have people portraying fictional characters in front of a camera. Also, don't be fooled by the lack of dialogue in the teaser, you can bet that words will be uttered in an audible manner all throughout the new season.