Who is your target man forward?

Comments

• Hagooey
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use HL Abraham and he’s been great for me.

I play him next to FS James 4-1-2-1-2
  • IxToMxI
    7281 posts League Winner
    PIM Crespo, tore the W/L a new hole at the weekend just gone so impressed with his performance
  • SJR440
    5713 posts Big Money Move
    Satch85 wrote: »
    I've been using HL Abraham lately, what formation do you run? I use 4231(2) or 442 mostly

That in response to me @Satch85 ?

If so, I usually run the 41212(2) but trying to get away from that ideally in order to build some teams around the cards I mentioned really.

Any thoughts on which formations I should be looking at for the likes of Abraham, Costa etc?
  • CjBloodwyn
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Current
    La liga fb costa
    Serie A scream dzeko
    Bpl Hl Abraham
    Bundes hl plea
    Ligue 1 ... using osimham

Costa w eng has helped destroy an op or two, inc headers and cross headers in wk league when headers were not meant to be working

Using l Martinez in wk league at mo, he’s doing everything, costas a sub.
  • lewspaz
    1205 posts Professional
    El_Burn wrote: »
    HL Ilicic has been amazing for me, dirt cheap as well for what you get. His record is something along the lines of 65 played, 50 goals, 50 assists

Agreed!! He is unreal, absolute Wand of a left foot
  • Kove
    4478 posts National Call-Up
    lewspaz wrote: »
    HL Ilicic has been amazing for me, dirt cheap as well for what you get. His record is something along the lines of 65 played, 50 goals, 50 assists

Agreed!! He is unreal, absolute Wand of a left foot

I've been using him a fair bit in a classic little and large with Messi. Good times so far!
  • Alford1995
    3726 posts National Call-Up
    Ilicic that good then yeah? Cant believe he is only 60-70k
  • Delvinho
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scream Ibra
  • Alford1995
    Delvinho wrote: »
    Scream Ibra

How is he pal? Been looking at him to play in a 4222 at side of owen @Delvinho
  • newguy
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alford1995 wrote: »
    Scream Ibra

He’s great and that 5 star skills makes him really fun to use.
  • Alford1995
    newguy wrote: »
    Scream Ibra

Nice might try him out tonight then. Thanks 💪
  • BeastlyHusla
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    HL Lewy
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    Markman007 wrote: »
    I’ve been using mid Vieri. Very fun to use, and one of my few players to still score headers this year. Can’t wait to upgrade to PIM!

I got him from the mid icon swaps pack, was gutted but I might try him now!
  • Markman007
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    Markman007 wrote: »
    I’ve been using mid Vieri. Very fun to use, and one of my few players to still score headers this year. Can’t wait to upgrade to PIM!

I got him from the mid icon swaps pack, was gutted but I might try him now!

Vieri is under the radar for a lot of people but he’s really very good. With hunter his pace is fine and his shooting is almost maxed out. Deadly in the box and great hold up play with his strength.

And there’s a review on Futbin that mentions how no one seems to realize he is left footed and so always try to block his right. It’s very true! Though he’s got *4 WF so he can bang it in with either.
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    I'm using FS Dembele in a 4-4-1-1, great with his back to goal bringing others in to play, he holds up everything. The 3* WF is a slight issue, but he's untradeable so I'm persisting.
  • Rickayt
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Luka Jovic PM card

5* WF enough said
  • Brownian_Motion
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Target man? Harry Kane. At the moment running a full Liverpool team, and Firmino tagged with a finisher does a great job.
  • Queens11
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    Currently running prime socrates and hl lewandowski
  • o0OainavO0o
    2539 posts Fans' Favourite
    my favorites are FS Tammy, FB Costa, mid Drogba
  • Mill1
    55 posts Park Captain
    Futmas iñaki. Absolute beast.
  • Alex1684
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    SJR440 wrote: »
    What formation are you guys using to make Target Men effective in this game?

Got a whole heap of Target Men type cards just stuck in my club that I haven't really used yet, would love to get them into some squads!

Had a quick look at my club on the app and I've got:

93 Kane
    Flashback Costa
    FUTMas Cavani
    TOTT Benzema
    OTW Lukaku
    HL Plea
    HL Abraham
    85 Osimhen

All just staring me in the face, not being used

93 Kane is great!
  • Delvinho
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scream Ibra

@Alford1995
    Over a goal a game in 350+ games. My favourite striker this year and like @newguy said the 5* skills makes him actually enjoyable in good gameplay
  • Kove
    Scream Ibra

@Alford1995
    Over a goal a game in 350+ games. My favourite striker this year and like @newguy said the 5* skills makes him actually enjoyable in good gameplay

I played against someone using him last night. Ibra is unique and knocked more goals than I was happy with past me
  • Kove
    Ilicic that good then yeah? Cant believe he is only 60-70k

Really decent for the cost, balance is a bit off if you try and bust out a Berbaspin but more than makes up for it in the hold up play and his left boot
  • Kove
    Queens11 wrote: »
    Currently running prime socrates and hl lewandowski

That is quite a combo!
  • TBE-THE-BEST-EVER
    483 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Headliners Tammy Abraham/Haland are good

Abraham is a good shout. I used his red IF for a bit and he was a handful. HL Ilicic is a level above in my opinion though. The amount of top corner finesse goals from outside the box I've scored with him is obscene.

Yeah Abraham can be a target man and he has good pace to also outpace a lot of defenders. Ilicic is a beast when it comes to shooting. Depends on how you intend to play
  • Cornushon
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    Kove wrote: »
    They may not be the all consuming META but I love them.

Anyone have a stand out big man they are using this year?

Klose. I hope I will be able to afford his PIM one day, but 89 swaps is still amazing. In my fitness team I run Immobile, who is also amazing, his passing a bit worse than Klose, but still ok.
  • Nodge86
    2543 posts Fans' Favourite
    torakun wrote: »
    You guys will laugh, but seriously.. NIF POULSEN. Try him, be patient, and enjoy. For 700 coins? hahaha

NIF Jovic was the best I’ve used before I switched style
  • Cornushon
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    Trezeguet. Not sure he come under target man. But he does that style job for me well.

He is mixed type of striker I'd say. He can get in behind or can just litmuscle defender. So I'd say he is target man. I played him last year, now of I get him in Swaps will upgrade my Klose to him, but I don't think EA will put him there
  • Kove
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    They may not be the all consuming META but I love them.

Anyone have a stand out big man they are using this year?

Klose. I hope I will be able to afford his PIM one day, but 89 swaps is still amazing. In my fitness team I run Immobile, who is also amazing, his passing a bit worse than Klose, but still ok.

I still am trying to find a player I liked more than SIF Klose from 13. Brilliant card (the 14 RB was also great)