The Cricket Lounge

Comments

• Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Brainless batting at the end cost us

Just needed to get bat on ball and they were trying to win it with a 6

• Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Had to record the end of the match - I've seen the result though, losing by one run is a real kick in the teeth :grimace:
  • wth22
    11428 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 12
    Reus wrote: »
    I really dont get why we open with buttler

Guy is a freak at the end of the innings, whereas we have other guys who can score heavily at the top of the order

He should float up and down the order, just come in whenever a wicket falls after 8-10 overs

Bairstow and roy bat so well together seems mental to break up that opening partnership

He has an insane record as an opener in T20s, best record in the first 6 overs in the IPL. His IPL form as an opener even got him his Test recall. Basically carried his team into the playoffs from a nothing position since he started opening in IPL 2018, scored a couple of 90s, 4 50s in total and a 40 in 5 innings.

Would be wasted down imo. Though worth considering given the lack of options down the order. Banton also in with a shout at the top.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28671591 

Good article about this I read earlier.
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    Yeh was about to say
    Both teams had a horrible balance today, below number 5 they had very little prospect of having anyone score a 20 ball 50 if needed
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    I really dont get why we open with buttler

Guy is a freak at the end of the innings, whereas we have other guys who can score heavily at the top of the order

He should float up and down the order, just come in whenever a wicket falls after 8-10 overs

Bairstow and roy bat so well together seems mental to break up that opening partnership

He has an insane record as an opener in T20s, best record in the first 6 overs in the IPL. His IPL form as an opener even got him his Test recall. Basically carried his team into the playoffs from a nothing position since he started opening in IPL 2018, scored a couple of 90s, 4 50s in total and a 40 in 5 innings.

Would be wasted down imo. Though worth considering given the lack of options down the order. Banton also in with a shout at the top.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28671591 

Good article about this I read earlier.

Ipl isnt international t20, most ipl teams have some terrible indian seamers as cannon fodder

We need him down the order
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    My line up would be

Bairstow
    Roy
    Malan
    Buttler
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Moeen
    Rashid
    Archer
    Jordan
    Wood
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    Dawid Malan is just getting stitched up for life isn’t he
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Malan has 5 50s and a hundred in 9 t20 innings for England

Still doesn't get picked
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain

Still doesn't get picked

Should be in instead of Denly
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    edited February 14
    Apollo wrote: »

Still doesn't get picked

Should be in instead of Denly

Yeah

Bring him in for denly, bairstow opens buttler at 4 or 5
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Denly what was that :D
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Brilliant cameo from Moeen that
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Quality innings that from the team, well above par based on what the commentators were saying earlier
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Gotta be well above par
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Well this is ominous, De Kock on a rampage
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Some absolutely brutal bowling
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    TOM CURRAN YESSSSSSSS
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    QJFtiFD.png

Good to see the red ball players not involved in our one day cricket still playing matches ahead of the Sri Lanka tour, hopefully Crawley gets some runs if we need to bat again
  • wth22
    11428 posts Has That Special Something
    Late but what a T20 series this has been. Two absolute nail biters. Brilliant from Curran at the end yesterday after taking a hit.
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Malan finally in for Denly!
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Batting in the wrong place though
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Batting in the wrong place though

Baby steps :joy:
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    De Kock is such a joy to watch. First ball to Wood and casually sticks him back over his head for 6 :joy:
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Well this could have started better :sweat_smile:
  • Alex_cr
    5804 posts Big Money Move

I think it’s one of those that you really can’t judge till both teams have batted. I hope that’s the case anyway 😂
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Jordan regularly gets hit for a lot of runs when he bowls early in the innings, I really think we need to do the opposite of what happened with David Willey in ODIs and just bowl him later in the innings. He's an outstanding death bowler but he's very poor early on. We have enough bowlers in the team to be able to do that
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »

I think it’s one of those that you really can’t judge till both teams have batted. I hope that’s the case anyway 😂

Hope so :joy:
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Jordan regularly gets hit for a lot of runs when he bowls early in the innings, I really think we need to do the opposite of what happened with David Willey in ODIs and just bowl him later in the innings. He's an outstanding death bowler but he's very poor early on. We have enough bowlers in the team to be able to do that

We could do with woakes in the opening powerplay

I dont buy this bowling spinners rubbish in the first over, you should be trying to get wickets not sneak an over in