Why release a winter upgrade team..

Seandimes
2959 posts National Call-Up
that has absolutely nothing to do with Winter upgrades? We all know EA needs the money dearly, but why not just release a team with the best performers that didnt get a winter upgrade? At least put the minimal effort in.

Comments

• Stone_cold_tea93
    2501 posts Fans' Favourite
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • tommyboyo
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am really confused.

So what is the Ake card and where did it come from, or is it just a Dutch prem centre back not called VVD, so well worth them banging out a promo card?

• Jpo41
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    Money
  • DIXON THFC
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Greed at its highest form.
  • seBozz
    609 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DIXON THFC wrote: »

• SpiderMonkeybpg
    1329 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ibra 88 pace in. Seria A man he is going to be in a lot of teams.
  • Cyodine
    2258 posts Fans' Favourite
    They are simply releasing new content...they're not forcing anyone to buy packs.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    For the Monies
  • barryw
    1829 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lots of great cards. Im happy
  • MakingmeMad
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No shame anymore.
  • Mrhey31
    2041 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyodine wrote: »
    They are simply releasing new content...they're not forcing anyone to buy packs.

😀 really Einstein. That comment is the only thing fifa fan boys can say to justify FP.
  • tommyboyo
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mrhey31 wrote: »

😀 really Einstein. That comment is the only thing fifa fan boys can say to justify FP.

He is correct, no one is forced to buy packs.

Your comment is silly. What does it even mean?

• They Caged Non
    6043 posts Big Money Move
    tommyboyo wrote: »

Is that the same as nobody forced you to drink, take drugs, gamble etc... correct they don’t but there is a duty of care to not tempt people who may fall foul.
  • tommyboyo
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero

Is that the same as nobody forced you to drink, take drugs, gamble etc... correct they don’t but there is a duty of care to not tempt people who may fall foul.

In what way?
  • They Caged Non

In what way?

Not constantly releasing pointless promos, putting £12 packs on the store, releasing stupid things like ‘moments’ cards for players who have never had a moment, not paying shills to do mass pack openings encouraging people to spend a fortune in the hope of getting players they have zero chance of getting, actually making rewards from these packs realistic (ie a pack with 30 rare gold players for the price should have more than an 83 rated player as top)

Shall I go on?
  • Feurez
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    I find it unfortunate that IF’s and with that the red reward picks from Weekend League become more and more irrelevant.

I love to use the red cards whenever I get a decent one (which rarely happens), but the more stupid fantasy cards are thrown out, the less desirable those IF cards will get.
  • tommyboyo
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero

In what way?

Not constantly releasing pointless promos, putting £12 packs on the store, releasing stupid things like ‘moments’ cards for players who have never had a moment, not paying shills to do mass pack openings encouraging people to spend a fortune in the hope of getting players they have zero chance of getting, actually making rewards from these packs realistic (ie a pack with 30 rare gold players for the price should have more than an 83 rated player as top)

Shall I go on?

I don't really get it?

So they are basically encouraging people to buy their product like every company out there.

If you want to have a go on some packs then go for it, if you don't then don't. Chances of packing something are remote and clearly listed on all packs.

Less than 1% is ambiguous granted, but safe to infer that it is closer to the 0 than the 1.

No hard feelings, just don't get peoples outrage :)
  • They Caged Non

In what way?

Shall I go on?

I don't really get it?

So they are basically encouraging people to buy their product like every company out there.

If you want to have a go on some packs then go for it, if you don't then don't. Chances of packing something are remote and clearly listed on all packs.

Less than 1% is ambiguous granted, but safe to infer that it is closer to the 0 than the 1.

I’m not really outraged as such I just find it a bit shady how they go about things. Like you say companies are there to earn money but it should be mixed in with providing a quality product to offer for that money, which they don’t.

People slate Apple but at least they are trying their utmost to provide quality pieces of kit.
  • joehuk
    3943 posts National Call-Up
    DIXON THFC wrote: »

• tommyboyo
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero

In what way?

Shall I go on?

I don't really get it?

I’m not really outraged as such I just find it a bit shady how they go about things. Like you say companies are there to earn money but it should be mixed in with providing a quality product to offer for that money, which they don’t.

People slate Apple but at least they are trying their utmost to provide quality pieces of kit.

Yeah, fair enough.
  • Cyodine

I'm such a fanboy that the only FIFA product I bought was FIFA20. I don't buy packs as it is high risk/low reward and rather keep my hard earned money for something else.

Most games nowadays release content that is purchased in order to keep the fan base content. The only type of content EA can release for FIFA is player cards. It's very unlikely that you will find many decent games in todays world that offer a decent amount of replay-ability without the need to issue some sort of new content.

I understand the hate EA gets for producing a wonky game but they have done a good job this year with releasing new cards and giving a fair amount of high rated cards for free.

If you complained about FIFA 20's crappy servers or general game play I'd agree with you but they have been on target with the amount of promo's this year.
  • MakingmeMad
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Either you’re naive or on EAs payroll. Can’t believe you don’t see past these corporate strategies.
    It doesn’t really matter if you’re an adult with income who chooses to blow two to four hundred bucks a month on the game. What’s despicable is when the majority of the target are minors, people with addiction problems or simply a donkey with carrot being waved in front of its eyes.
    In that perspective why don’t they just go ahead and advertise cigarettes and alcohol in game. Nobody’s going to force a 15 year old to put down the controller and run off to raid the liquor cabinet.
    It’s a business with financial objectives for the company and it’s shareholders. No objection here. But as a community it’s also our responsibility to try and balance the the financial interests of the corporation with our consumer satisfaction.
    Ultimately, EA will only change it’s policy (slightly) when there starts to be a decline in the amount of players or/and a decline in player engagement.
  • pekkaa88
    6563 posts Big Money Move
    No promo = game is dead
    Promo= call the wambulance. A for profit company is trying to make money
  • BSDShoes
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    ❤️💲❤️💲❤️💲❤️💲❤️💲
  • Cyodine
    edited February 14

In what way?

Shall I go on?

I don't really get it?

Apple has their product made in China for cheap and then sells it to consumers for 10x the amount. They might produce a quality piece but they will rinse you in the end.

When it comes to Apple computers, you used to have to buy directly from Apple if you needed parts. Which they would charge an arm and a leg for. Unlike other PC brands, you could shop around for them and get better deals.

All companies strive to make profit, I don't see how EA is somehow more guilty of that than others. If you don't like EA and how they do business, then don't do business with them. When this game annoys me to high hell, I stop playing for months at a time.

@They Caged Non I'm not attacking you, just ranting I suppose. Cheers.
  • PaulDr
    997 posts Professional
    A strange one this, that's for sure, especially with no daily sbc or objective/SBC players.
  • Seandimes
    2959 posts National Call-Up
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    No promo = game is dead
    Promo= call the wambulance. A for profit company is trying to make money

It's not about them trying to make money. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    But it would be nice if they would at least pretend to care about putting out a quality product.
    My point being, if they want to make a pack promo out of winter upgrades, I got nothing against that. But at least make the team in any way related to the promo. That's the minimum effort.
    Especially when it comes out at the same time as the moments promo, which is irrelevant to most of the playerbase
  • They Caged Non

In what way?

Shall I go on?

I don't really get it?

Apple has their product made in China for cheap and then sells it to consumers for 10x the amount. They might produce a quality piece but they will rinse you in the end.

When it comes to Apple computers, you used to have to buy directly from Apple if you needed parts. Which they would charge an arm and a leg for. Unlike other PC brands, you could shop around for them and get better deals.

All companies strive to make profit, I don't see how EA is somehow more guilty of that than others. If you don't like EA and how they do business, then don't do business with them. When this game annoys me to high hell, I stop playing for months at a time.

@They Caged Non I'm not attacking you, just ranting I suppose. Cheers.

Agreed, but there are ways of earning money, the end product EA provide is rubbish, and is rubbish on other games too.. im an ex Tiger Woods player who no longer has a game to play because they ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up.