Why do people still think chemistry styles make a difference?

xxFifaLegendxxx
2369 posts Fans' Favourite
Maybe they do slightly but nowhere near as much as they say. Just put a shadow on an 80 paces centre back and see if he feels like he has 95 pace in game, you’ll barely notice a difference, let alone being close to 95 pace, same goes for any other stat boosts, pace is just the easiest to notice a difference

Comments

• RexAnglo1066
    3416 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    The chemistry styles make the ratings of each card irrelevant anyway.

An 84 rated CAM can end up as an 88 rated CAM (for example) just by adding the correct card.

Therefore, the face cards number has zero meaning.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pretty sure it's been proven before that they do make a difference. I feel like chem styles make a massive difference personally.
  • Boommaametw3
    3696 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe they do slightly but nowhere near as much as they say. Just put a shadow on an 80 paces centre back and see if he feels like he has 95 pace in game, you’ll barely notice a difference, let alone being close to 95 pace, same goes for any other stat boosts, pace is just the easiest to notice a difference

They work. You crazy if you don't notice a shadow on Van Dijk with 77 pace. Try doing icons swap with defenders without chemistry styles and you will know why you need them when 90 pace run past you
  • mway
    2131 posts Fans' Favourite
    The shadow one makes the difference. Others I´m not sure. Speed, that´s everything you need. Then you can add an engine to CR7 to improve his balance and he will continue falling. You can add a sniper to a striker to improve his composure but the outcome is random. For instance, Goretzka's NIF card with Shadow is amazing if you compare it with any other chem on that card.
  • Delboy13710
    9199 posts League Winner
    I notice shadow on defenders 100% used scream pique with sentinel for over 100 games when shadow was extinct after I put shadow on him difference was night and day
  • Maybe they do slightly but nowhere near as much as they say. Just put a shadow on an 80 paces centre back and see if he feels like he has 95 pace in game, you’ll barely notice a difference, let alone being close to 95 pace, same goes for any other stat boosts, pace is just the easiest to notice a difference

Agree. Where is the proof they work?

If you put hunter on Kane, he is still slow. If you put finisher on Michael Owen, he is still horribly weak. Chem styles are just more items to fill up packs but somewhere along the line, people started believing they made a difference
  • mundopaz69
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nothing make s difference this year since the game is a big pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of epic proportions.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx

They work. You crazy if you don't notice a shadow on Van Dijk with 77 pace. Try doing icons swap with defenders without chemistry styles and you will know why you need them when 90 pace run past you

Funny you bring up icon swap defenders, I actually added a shadow on my baby Ferdinand and there is zero difference. Not a chance he has 97 pace
  • Boysie91
    13154 posts Has That Special Something
    I actually think it does what the card shows for instance hawk 2 pace 2 shooting 2 physical not 5 pace etc like the in game shows.
  • greif44
    5091 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2020
    Pace depends on more attributes than just sprint speed and acceleration. Body model, dribbling stats etc. Someone on Reddit tested pace with and without chem styles and provided detailed proofs, there is a difference.

I partially agree though, for example deadeye chem style turns the majority of average attackers into clinical shooters on the paper giving them 90+ shooting and passing, but in game their shooting and passing is far away from expectation.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx

Agree. Where is the proof they work?

If you put hunter on Kane, he is still slow. If you put finisher on Michael Owen, he is still horribly weak. Chem styles are just more items to fill up packs but somewhere along the line, people started believing they made a difference

Agree, it’s just a placebo imo
  • kraid
    7158 posts Big Money Move
    It has been said many times before that pace is made up by many different factors. Acceleration, sprint speed, agility, balance, height, weight, body type. It’s not just speed stats. Putting a shadow card on a player will 100% make them faster but not every 99 pace card is the same speed.

Defenders typically have a much bigger body type then attackers and therefore will ‘feel’ slower regardless of pace stats.

There was a reddit post where someone measured the difference that a hunter card made to their players speed, think they used Walcott for the example. Turned out the card did exactly what you would expect it to do.

People think chem cards don’t work because they expect a much bigger change then they get. The fact is the difference between 8o pace and 90 pace is very small. The difference between 80 finishing and 90 finishing is very low. You wouldn’t be able to notice it most of the time.
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Of course they make a difference. As others have said, a number of factors are in play which impact how noticeable the difference is.
  • Swanz05
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    kraid wrote: »
    The difference between 80 finishing and 90 finishing is very low.
    Yes it's only 10% obviously & some people expect too much perhaps but they do work. Pace being the most noticeable improvement but if I put an engine on a tall low balance player like Socrates or Ballack I see the difference too. As you say, these increases are limited by other stats & player model.
  • PG13
    430 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I put a chemistry style on Bobby Moore to improve his pace, no difference at all still very very slow no difference
  • CarpeDiem
    3146 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2020
    The old no touch dribbling system proved they work. You used to need a certain dribbling stat or above to be able to pull 1 of the moves off and putting a chem style that boosted dribbling let players with a weaker stat perform the move.
  • Swanz05
    PG13 wrote: »
    I put a chemistry style on Bobby Moore to improve his pace, no difference at all still very very slow no difference

Yeah I don't think you'd notice much of an increase on such a slow player - 10% or so extra on mid Moore for example is still slow.
  • They Caged Non
    6468 posts Big Money Move
    If I put a certain style on Ben Yedder he can be theoretically higher rated than Hagi at CAM, if I actually use both there is no way on Earth Ben Yedder is getting near him in game, not even same league.
  • ozcs_69
    4465 posts National Call-Up
    played with half of my squad on basic chem style (untradables) and got the exact same rank !!!!
  • FixFifaaaaa
    524 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Passing chem card dont make any diff
  • kraid

How are you going to gauge the difference between 70 passing and 80 passing?
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    They do...

Try doing the icon objectives with random players that are all on basic. So slow, so rubbish in front of goal.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    edited February 2020

Mid Viera has 80 passing, HL Tammy Abraham has 70 passing, you think both of their passing will feel the same right? Lol
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    If I put a certain style on Ben Yedder he can be theoretically higher rated than Hagi at CAM, if I actually use both there is no way on Earth Ben Yedder is getting near him in game, not even same league.

Exactly my point and yet there's still clowns out there like "bUt oDeGaArD iS a 95 cAm WiTh DeAdEyE!!"
  • unxius
    1028 posts Professional
    Easy way to find out , which I found was putting chemistries on silver cards that have half decent stats and see if you can tell the difference.
    I'm not going to say what I found out , but if you want to know . Try a silver team with basic . Then put chem styles on them .
  • kraid

Mid Viera has 80 passing, HL Tammy Abraham has 70 passing, you think both of their passing will feel the same right? Lol

Basically yea. Could Tammy play a 10 yard pass? Could he play a 30 yard pass? At what point does the stat kick in and stop him completing a pass that Vieira would make?

Most defenders have poor passing. Never noticed it myself. Unless I’m hitting 80 yard cross pitch through balls it all feels the same
  • xxFifaLegendxxx

Basically yea. Could Tammy play a 10 yard pass? Could he play a 30 yard pass? At what point does the stat kick in and stop him completing a pass that Vieira would make?

Most defenders have poor passing. Never noticed it myself. Unless I’m hitting 80 yard cross pitch through balls it all feels the same

He would struggle playing a 30 yard pass with the opposing players lurking around, especially under pressure. Defenders passing feels fine because you're typically going for no risk passes with players in space. There is no way 70 passing would cut it in midfield
  • CFCHenri
    4105 posts National Call-Up
    Use a Hunter or Catalyst on a player and compare his pace with a +10 PACE attribute card. Chem style adds but not enough
  • Swanz05
    unxius wrote: »
    I'm not going to say what I found out
    lol Why not?