I'm hanging up the controller

Comments

• Jordi93
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Usually get G1 without fail every weekend except this weekend where every team was using depth all the way back so there’s no room for anything. Absolutely woeful on 15 wins. I wish I could just stop playing and play something else some days
  • TDOF
    8770 posts League Winner
    Jordi93 wrote: »
    Usually get G1 without fail every weekend except this weekend where every team was using depth all the way back so there’s no room for anything. Absolutely woeful on 15 wins. I wish I could just stop playing and play something else some days

i've been telling myself that im going to stop playing for the past 2 weeks... it's hard, cause it's obviously football and i love the sport but this game just completely ruins that expierience for me....... today i just had enough, closest ive ever came to breaking something.

unless this copa libertadores game mode adds a new game mode into ultimate team (sort of like the world cup gamemode) then i might comeback... if not then i guess im waiting for fifa 21......
  • Paul9619
    720 posts Semi-Pro
    I had 2 weeks off playing and came back to it on Monday. (I only play Mon-Wed evenings anyway).

Game is getting worse in my opinion. I am winning some games but it is such a drag compared to how easy my opponents score. It’s like I am fully manual and they are fully AI.

It’s my fault for not learning to play with the AI more
  • Don't even think that many people play drop back and 1 depth at a high ELO. The usual seems to be balanced+3-4 depth.

Problem is that ever since they took out that "offside trap" as standard (back when we had the old tactics system) the entire defense is dropping back automatically when the opponent holds possession. You can't do anything about it and it was the same last year. So yeah often times it appears to be drop back, but it's just you having possession.

Last year that was an issue, because often times you couldn't move your defenders up the pitch to intercept the volley attempts as all defenders were dropping so deep. This year it's an issue, because you can't attack in the first place and that 10 men wall only makes it more difficult.

But I guess no casual is bothered by it and so EA never fixes it or doesn't even know how to fix it.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7520 posts League Winner
    The bottom line is, the game isn’t fun. That should really be it. I’ll applaud you if you can quit. It isn’t easy.
  • not played in 2 months. dont miss it.
  • HullCity1904
    3005 posts National Call-Up
    i was falling asleep also in the other game. in my opnion this game is worse than fifa 19 because of that. id much rather have kick off goals and it ends 6-7 in what is A GAMMMEEEEE

rather than this boring snoozefest
    TDOF wrote: »
    Jordi93 wrote: »

i've been telling myself that im going to stop playing for the past 2 weeks... it's hard, cause it's obviously football and i love the sport but this game just completely ruins that expierience for me....... today i just had enough, closest ive ever came to breaking something.

unless this copa libertadores game mode adds a new game mode into ultimate team (sort of like the world cup gamemode) then i might comeback... if not then i guess im waiting for fifa 21......

im doing another 2 WLs, to get an 86+ upgrade pack, get sommer, and then i'm done with FUT.

we all love football and fifa at times but to be honest, i look at how uch time and effort ive put in this game and its a joke. I've not even got the time to play other games etc... mate of mine stopped Fut this year and it hes loved it.
  • TDOF
    8770 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Don't even think that many people play drop back and 1 depth at a high ELO. The usual seems to be balanced+3-4 depth.

Problem is that ever since they took out that "offside trap" as standard (back when we had the old tactics system) the entire defense is dropping back automatically when the opponent holds possession. You can't do anything about it and it was the same last year. So yeah often times it appears to be drop back, but it's just you having possession.

Last year that was an issue, because often times you couldn't move your defenders up the pitch to intercept the volley attempts as all defenders were dropping so deep. This year it's an issue, because you can't attack in the first place and that 10 men wall only makes it more difficult.

But I guess no casual is bothered by it and so EA never fixes it or doesn't even know how to fix it.

yeah..... even balanced is defensive in some sense....i think if fifa 19 didn't have the flick ups.... the 360 no scope shots and so on, it would of been exactly the same game as fifa 20 is.

it's literally just a big patch that removes the broken mechanics from last year... that's it (and the new kits....)
  • WL is the premier competition. People are shocked that there are people online doing whatever it takes to win?
    It's awful but I've learned to live with itm
  • TDOF wrote: »
    Don't even think that many people play drop back and 1 depth at a high ELO. The usual seems to be balanced+3-4 depth.

yeah..... even balanced is defensive in some sense....i think if fifa 19 didn't have the flick ups.... the 360 no scope shots and so on, it would of been exactly the same game as fifa 20 is.

it's literally just a big patch that removes the broken mechanics from last year... that's it (and the new kits....)

Yeah, whenever you had to get into the box on 19 you had major problems too, because finishing was so broken.

I'm amazed that they are unable to fix finishing even after numerous patches over 2 different Fifa games. Imo it has something to do with keeper positioning. Finishing seems to be connected to it (as you can see when someone moves the keeper and the ball somehow either goes wide or hits the keeper despite you aiming somewhere else as if the ball has to go at the keeper or keep a certain distance to him). They keep tweeking shots and reduce error and what not, but nothing helps since finishing is connected to the keeper and those keepers seem to have the animations to save far post shots, but not near post ones (unless they hit them by accident).
  • TDOF
    8770 posts League Winner
    TDOF wrote: »

Yeah, whenever you had to get into the box on 19 you had major problems too, because finishing was so broken.

I'm amazed that they are unable to fix finishing even after numerous patches over 2 different Fifa games. Imo it has something to do with keeper positioning. Finishing seems to be connected to it (as you can see when someone moves the keeper and the ball somehow either goes wide or hits the keeper despite you aiming somewhere else as if the ball has to go at the keeper or keep a certain distance to him). They keep tweeking shots and reduce error and what not, but nothing helps since finishing is connected to the keeper and those keepers seem to have the animations to save far post shots, but not near post ones (unless they hit them by accident).

yeah, something which isn't actually talked about enough...... it's like keepers have a force shield in those situations and depending on their posistion is where the shot will go.....

that's why i always said (even in the beta) when people were saying that they fixed the keeper movement, which in some sense they have it's not as bad as it was, but it still has massive issues when it comes to the shooting aspect, you move your keeper 1 step into the right direction and even if the arrow is pointing in the bottom corner it'll hit the post or go wide...... just cause of that force field like coding they have.....
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don’t play weekend league mate . The game is fun then. Few drafts here and there , complete the challenges play a few games in rival . Keep it casual and it’s good fun
  • TDOF
    8770 posts League Winner
    GLAN12 wrote: »
    Don’t play weekend league mate . The game is fun then. Few drafts here and there , complete the challenges play a few games in rival . Keep it casual and it’s good fun

yeah..... unfortunately it's not fun at 2100 skill rating either 😂😂