Relegating yourself

VelvetThunder
254 posts Sunday League Hero
What's the pros and cons?

I struggle to see how it's worthwhile, doesn't it take forever? I'm sure the rewards must be pretty bad as well but I seem to constantly come up against bronze teams that quit straight away.

Comments

• Batman442
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    Easier games. That is all
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    It took me about 30 quits to drop myself from 1-6 every time.
  • Malg
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its cheating
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's the pros and cons?

I struggle to see how it's worthwhile, doesn't it take forever? I'm sure the rewards must be pretty bad as well but I seem to constantly come up against bronze teams that quit straight away.

Haven't done it myself but it wouldn't take that long to go into 30 games or so and quit. Maybe half an hour or so. And the ones that do this are doing it for easier games to get objectives done but they will do it on a Thursday when the new week starts and they will have the objectives completed and be back in their normal division again by the following Thursday so rewards wont be impacted by it.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1329 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dave2791 wrote: »
    Malg wrote: »
    Its cheating
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    cowards looking for easier games

I'm a coward and a cheater. What are you going to do about it? Nothing...because you shouldn't. EA should do something about it.

By the way if you're going to be a coward and a cheater like me, always score an own goal before quitting, and if in your road to relegation you face a team you think may also be doing objectives then don't quit, face them, that way it's kind of fair for both of you, and if you're gonna quit anyways, then let them score whatever they need to score for their objectives

Gg
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its cheating

I'm a coward and a cheater. What are you going to do about it? Nothing...because you shouldn't. EA should do something about it.

By the way if you're going to be a coward and a cheater like me, always score an own goal before quitting, and if in your road to relegation you face a team you think may also be doing objectives then don't quit, face them, that way it's kind of fair for both of you, and if you're gonna quit anyways, then let them score whatever they need to score for their objectives

Fair play at least you admit you're a coward 😂
  • Delboy13710
    8456 posts League Winner
    Its cheating

Sound honorable, it's horrible when you play someone not doing there objectives with there full strength team going hell for leather.

Personally I dont relegate gone from div2 to div3 but have 4 tokens plan on getting the other 4 from div3 it's not as bad as people are making out
  • Jordi93
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don’t understand why people do it. I’d rather play and win against someone decent for my own satisfaction and not waste my time by quitting because it’s just boring
  • Fab
    19564 posts World Class
    pros

easier objectives
    no dragback merchants
    easy wins

cons

easy wins
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Its cheating

I have a full time job and two kids, playing fifa is supposed to be relaxing for me, spending hours and getting stressed because I play people in my division who are not doing objectives and have super teams is not fun, relegating makes it much less time consuming and stressful. If that makes me a coward to some people I don't know and couldn't care less about their opinion then so be it.
  • TheTataGuy
    Its cheating

How's it cheating if it's not breaking any rules ?

Well this is true, I prefer to get the swap tokens with the least games possible
  • Idek
    16856 posts World Class
    Don't mind people relegating themselves as long as they score an own goal and give me the win instead of totally wasting my time
  • Bapinho
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    I did relegate myself a lot from the beginning of this game to do objectives. Its really easy; a lot of ragequits saved so much time. Did do the last few in div 3 though for the extra 50 k pack
  • hiya
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    so annoying seeing a bronze team on the load up screen and you know they're going to quit without scoring an own goal / waste your time.
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Its cheating

Well this is true, I prefer to get the swap tokens with the least games possible

At least Mr Feyenoord admits it's cowardly. I salute you for your honesty sir.

For all other relegators:

Cowards.
  • Raymondo123
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 7
    Crazy to think that people get so worked up by a game enough to label people as cowards.
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    Crazy to think that people get so worked up by a game enough to label people as cowards.

I think that's quite logical when div 5 players get smashed by div 1/2 players and get their fun ruined.

• Burning_Man
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its cheating

At least you do that. I’ve literally only had this happen one time the 99 other times they just quit like cowards which is ridiculously annoying your basically punishing some random person because your a coward and a loser if you don’t give them a goal... it’s honestly wierd. how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of a person can you be lol
  • grogans_heroes
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite
    Isn't there some kind of DNF penalty involved? I realize coins aren't most peoples concern, but I thought it affected things more than just that.
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    And on that note. Crazy to think people ruin other people's fun for a few objectives to get a player or two.
  • TheTataGuy
    ViezeDries wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Its cheating

At least Mr Feyenoord admits it's cowardly. I salute you for your honesty sir.

For all other relegators:

Cowards.

Of course its cowardly, but personally I don't want to play at least twice the games in div 1 trying to get the swaps
  • liamano123
    357 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its cheating

I have a full time job and two kids, playing fifa is supposed to be relaxing for me, spending hours and getting stressed because I play people in my division who are not doing objectives and have super teams is not fun, relegating makes it much less time consuming and stressful. If that makes me a coward to some people I don't know and couldn't care less about their opinion then so be it.

So selfish aswell as a coward then. What about the people that belong in them divisions that have full time jobs and kids that are trying to relax and play a few games of fifa?

Man up ffs.

No one plays rivals to relax. Everyone plays rivals to do objectives. And I'm always helping people who do objectives. But ok, I'll man up because you said so....right away

You're now contradicting yourself 😂😂

Well I would personally rather do them in my own division instead of being a coward. You can paint the picture whatever way you like but you're being selfish and being a coward and that's what it boils down to. I know people's opinions on the forums may not mean anything to you but I'm not the type of person to do cowardly things. That's just part of who I am though each to their own.

Well what can I say. I love being a coward and contradicting myself. People on forums who get all worked up about this make it even better.

Not worked up at all couldn't care less what you do was just saying how it's very selfish and cowardly and not something I would personally do. But that's just the type of person I am.

Says alot about you though 😂😂

You sound like a lovely person. If he wants t delegate himself and he scores an own goal before he leaves then there is nothing wrong with it. You sound like the kind of guy that wins games then rubs it in your opponents face by sending them message. By saying says a lot about you to a guy that probably gets 2 to 3 hours a week to play fifa and is just trying to have a good time on this game a coward and selfish then that in itself says a lot about the kind of person you are buddy.
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    liamano123 wrote: »
    Its cheating

So selfish aswell as a coward then. What about the people that belong in them divisions that have full time jobs and kids that are trying to relax and play a few games of fifa?

Man up ffs.

No one plays rivals to relax. Everyone plays rivals to do objectives. And I'm always helping people who do objectives. But ok, I'll man up because you said so....right away

You're now contradicting yourself 😂😂

Well I would personally rather do them in my own division instead of being a coward. You can paint the picture whatever way you like but you're being selfish and being a coward and that's what it boils down to. I know people's opinions on the forums may not mean anything to you but I'm not the type of person to do cowardly things. That's just part of who I am though each to their own.

Well what can I say. I love being a coward and contradicting myself. People on forums who get all worked up about this make it even better.

Not worked up at all couldn't care less what you do was just saying how it's very selfish and cowardly and not something I would personally do. But that's just the type of person I am.

Says alot about you though 😂😂

You sound like a lovely person. If he wants t delegate himself and he scores an own goal before he leaves then there is nothing wrong with it. You sound like the kind of guy that wins games then rubs it in your opponents face by sending them message. By saying says a lot about you to a guy that probably gets 2 to 3 hours a week to play fifa and is just trying to have a good time on this game a coward and selfish then that in itself says a lot about the kind of person you are buddy.

Just leave him. Labeling people he doesn't know using a game as his evidence must be the most exciting thing of his day. I honestly hope it's not like this because that would be pretty sad.
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    What's cowardly about playing a bunch of 75-77 rated first owned cards against a team of 84-89s?

If you don't relegate to do these objectives then you end up playing people who've relegated to your 'natural level' from higher up.

I doubt you get to play people in your own division the majority of the time anyway, mostly you'll get matched up with whomever happens to be ready to play at that same second and the lower skilled rated player will get the boosts and the other player artificial lag to 'even' things up. There's nothing fair about this game.

• Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    What's cowardly about playing a bunch of 75-77 rated first owned cards against a team of 84-89s?

If you don't relegate to do these objectives then you end up playing people who've relegated to your 'natural level' from higher up.

I doubt you get to play people in your own division the majority of the time anyway, mostly you'll get matched up with whomever happens to be ready to play at that same second and the lower skilled rated player will get the boosts and the other player artificial lag to 'even' things up. There's nothing fair about this game.

Because Fifa is the most important thing in many people's lives and the way you act in fifa is a mirror of who you really are because an excellent game like fifa is just like real life. So if you want things easy in fifa you don't have any honor at all and you should be ashamed of yourself
  • marocfifa_8
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    You don't need to relegate when you're a division 5/6 player
  • ChrisLFC
    7352 posts League Winner

Guess I'll stop doing it now that Empyrium7 thinks less of me for it

:D
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Before objectives became a thing, it was common for your team to just stop playing, you'd go on a massive losing streak and end up dropping 2/3 divisions. People were always complaining that they'd messaged somebody after a game and discovered the opponent was 4 divisions higher. It's not our fault if you're so bad that you can't beat a low rated team.
This discussion has been closed.