Road to packing FFS Greenwood from bronze upgrade packs Edit: The road ends with no Greenwood

Comments

• lambert7
    58 posts Park Captain
    No :( got some expensive silvers tho for League sbcs
  • ChappellRovers
    3316 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2
    mark1089 wrote: »
    Anybody get lucky yet? I’m about to open up 80 bronze upgrade packs

No future stars. Upgraded the rubbish league/nationality silvers to common gold. Upgraded the rubbish league/nationality golds to rare gold. Got Mbappe, pretty happy with that. Opened about 120-150 (i lost count past 100) silver upgrades now but was happy with Mbappe so not bothered about getting one now but carrying on anyway as I made 170k from super charged BPM.
  • RayS
    31635 posts National Team Captain
    Up to 76 now and no sight of any specials of any kind. It's basically just good motivation to continue BPM. Making a steady profit
  • Keano
    17745 posts World Class
    Hope you get him mate, Greenwood is fantastic.
  • RayS
    Keano wrote: »
    Hope you get him mate, Greenwood is fantastic.

Is he?? I'm planning on getting him anyway, but it sure would be nice to get him in a silver packs ha
  • RayS
    Maybe EA heard we were doing all these upgrade SBCs. With the 81+ SBC, I finally have something to plug all these useless low rated rare golds into (after upgrading bronze to silver, silver to gold non-rare, gold non-rare to gold rare).

Up to 89 bronze upgrades now with nothing as of yet.
  • TheMightyBee
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    Ouch, painful.
  • Burning_Man
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RayS wrote: »
    Maybe EA heard we were doing all these upgrade SBCs. With the 81+ SBC, I finally have something to plug all these useless low rated rare golds into (after upgrading bronze to silver, silver to gold non-rare, gold non-rare to gold rare).

Up to 89 bronze upgrades now with nothing as of yet.

Good luck I opened some bronze and silver last night in honor of your journey 😁
  • BeastlyHusla
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    I'm upto 25 bronze upgrades. Mainly trying to get Norwich and Sheffield players..

Not a single silver that goes for more than 1k yet..
  • WarrenBarton
    10529 posts Has That Special Something
    You can do it Ray. You don’t have to achieve everything overnight. You just have to be willing to try. One day at a time. Just keep trying. Keep believing and everything you wish for will become reality.
  • RayS
    You can do it Ray. You don’t have to achieve everything overnight. You just have to be willing to try. One day at a time. Just keep trying. Keep believing and everything you wish for will become reality.

your words are an inspiration to us all!

100 mark broken, but still no specials. That means I've officially burned through 1,100 bronze players :D
  • RayS
    edited February 3
    From doing this 100 times, I've picked up a few tricks to streamline the process. I do it in the phone app

pack opening:
    -set your player view to the #2 setting where it shows the league, nationality, club
    -sell any player who comes from a league that has a League SBC out (even if it's just 200 coins, it'll most likely sell within a few cycles)
    -send to club every other player. I was comparing prices for EACH player... but that takes way too long in the long run
    -sell all squad fitness for 1100 - 1300 coins
    -sell all non-rare outfield (not GK) training cards for 200 coin BIN
    -sell all rare outfield (not GK) training cards for 250-300 coin BIN
    -sell all rare healing cards for 200 coins BIN
    -quick sell everything else (or keep any fitness or healing cards you want). Rare managers and kits occasionally sell, but I wouldn't waste your time on them

bronze upgrade SBC:
    -use squad builder
    -go through each League starting at the top, i.e. EFL League One (skip Prem & Championship bc if you followed the steps in the pack opening, you will have sold all players in these leagues)
    -the squad builder will quickly populate the positions with players, but keep in mind that it places any players that don't have a position in the squad (CM, LWB, CF, etc) in your "work area" bench. You'll have to manually pull these players into the squad.
    -Once you run out of players in a league, just move down the list to the next one
    -Remember you only need 40 chem
    -repeat, repeat, repeat
    pro tip: I've found that ideally you want close to 100 bronze players before you start filling out the upgrade SBC. Otherwise you're gonna waste a lot of time only pulling one or two players from each different league

hope some of these tips might help someone who's as silly as me to keep spamming these.
    Post edited by RayS on
  • WarrenBarton

your words are an inspiration to us all!

100 mark broken, but still no specials. That means I've officially burned through 1,100 bronze players :D

1100 bronze players = 200 silvers, which equals 57 golds, 57 golds = 8 shiny golds with 9 non rares left over.

Wow Icon grinding must have been a full time job for those that did it before, crazy
  • WarrenBarton
    Not sure if that’s correct tbh as I didn’t use a calculator, sounds about right though
  • Gnomenclature
    6646 posts Big Money Move
    Well, ive opened about 50 bronze upgrades and no future stars. Got some great silver players though.

Decided to do fonsi davies sbc and packed martinelli in the rare spectrum pack. Best pull all year!

I'll keep doing bpm and hope for Greenwood though.
  • RayS
    up to 145 now and no more specials! Let's gooooo
  • PelzyWelzy
    10426 posts Has That Special Something

You got dis!
  • RayS
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

You got dis!

Tbh, by the time I open enough bronze upgrades to have a chance of packing FFS Greenwood, I may have made enough profit from the bronze packs to buy FFS Greenwood :D which would be fine in the end.
  • mark1089
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect

You got dis!

Tbh, by the time I open enough bronze upgrades to have a chance of packing FFS Greenwood, I may have made enough profit from the bronze packs to buy FFS Greenwood :D which would be fine in the end.
    Same here, I’ve made over a 100k every day since this promo started and while I haven’t packed a ffs I did however turn those silvers into a few gold upgrades and then a few 81+ upgrades and pulled Mbappé (didn’t realize how expensive he still is) Bought 93 Neymar and reshaped my team, can’t be fussed about that.
    I still want Greenwood for that link with James
  • PelzyWelzy
    10426 posts Has That Special Something

You got dis!

I’ve gone down the purely SPM route for this... profit is most certainly there, although intermittent (bpm is definitely more a ‘sure thing’).

Despite not packing a single special card as of yet (not sure how many packs I’ve opened but we’re well in to the hundreds now) it’s been fun... have sold some random kits, such as a Sheff Wed away kit at 4.2k, for ridiculous prices which always amuses me.. found some pretty nifty looking badges too.

Will be returning to BPM soon but for now SPM shall go on.
  • BeastlyHusla
    I'm upto 50 done. Nothing still of value..

Getting so many Argentine players..
  • Delvinho
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    Commend anyone giving this a go. I’m rooting for you all
  • Retropoe82
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    Commitment right here. Congrates on the if pull.
  • RayS
    edited February 6
    Up to upgrade #181 and no more specials. I'll keep going till Greenwood is out of packs tomorrow . Can't say I didn't give it a good go!
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    I haven't counted how many I've done, there's been a lot, but I bring hope... From cycling the silvers through to rare gold, I got a FS Dembele. Not quite the dream Greenwood, but still.
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited February 6
    Screenshot-20200201-170539-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg
  • RayS
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I haven't counted how many I've done, there's been a lot, but I bring hope... From cycling the silvers through to rare gold, I got a FS Dembele. Not quite the dream Greenwood, but still.

That is really great!! U gonna use him?
  • BeastlyHusla
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    Screenshot-20200201-170539-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg

That's not bronze upgrade..
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    Yeah I know, I said I cycled on through to rare gold with the fodder. Got to do something with the host of silvers.

Used him for a few games, not sure long term.