German Icons

Cabbage_n_Ribs
25 posts Last Pick at the Park
There's a distinct lack of German icons compared to the other major footballing nations.
Why is this ?

Comments

• RexAnglo1066
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    There's a distinct lack of German icons compared to the other major footballing nations.
    Why is this ?

Name some Gernan Icons.
  • Wooly1203
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    They used to have effenberg and bierhoff as legends back before they started doing the multiples versions of icons
  • Jdizzle
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why is this ?

Name some Gernan Icons.

gerd muller, beckenbauer, kahn, voller.
  • RexAnglo1066
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    Why is this ?

Name some Gernan Icons.

Agreed.

There are certainly enough to warrant more than they currently have.

How many at present?

Lehmann?

Klose?

• BombSquadPuppy
    2229 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why is this ?

Name some Gernan Icons.

Besides the obvious klose and matthaus, theres the best sweeper keeper to have lived, oliver kahn; theres also hans schwarzenbeck, a defender
  • Covkilla91mob
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA trying to protect us from Z Germans 😂😂😂
  • Jdizzle
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why is this ?

Name some Gernan Icons.

Agreed.

There are certainly enough to warrant more than they currently have.

How many at present?

Lehmann?

Klose?

4, Matthaus and ballack. The only useable one is matthaus.
  • Cabbage_n_Ribs
    I think there's 4 atm. Lothar, Lehmann, Ballack and Klose. That's around half the number of English, Dutch, Brazilian, Italian icons.

Just seems a bit strange.
  • Cabbage_n_Ribs
    Biggest omissions for me are Beckenbauer, Kahn, Gerd Muller and Klinsmann.
    A case could be man for the likes of Andreas Brehme, Andreas Moller, Paul Brietner, Karl Rumminegge, Uwe Seeler and Fritz Walter.
  • SebastienEngelhart
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Backbencher and Muller no doubt are worthy of icon status.

Germany were always a great team, not necessarily having one or two star players stand out.
  • seBozz
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I want Brehme back
  • PaulJamesK
    65 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You'll never see Oliver Khan in an EA game as he entered some legal battle with them over them using his image etc without his permission in the early 00s
  • Kulman
    805 posts Semi-Pro
    Maybe Schweinsteiger next year. Also Lahm
  • WarrenBarton
    10411 posts Has That Special Something
    What about rudi voller?
  • Swanz05
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    boo hoo you think that's bad? there are exactly zero australian icons. can't recall one that should have icon status just off the top of my head. might have to get back to you on that.
  • WarrenBarton
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    boo hoo you think that's bad? there are exactly zero australian icons. can't recall one that should have icon status just off the top of my head. might have to get back to you on that.

Christian Vieri
  • Swanz05

Christian Vieri

yeah we'll claim him. like mel gibson, russell crowe, etc. not rolf harris though.
  • Dolph
    1198 posts Professional
    Lahm
  • Cabbage_n_Ribs

I would love a Crocodile Dundee or Dame Edna Everage SBC.
  • WarrenBarton

Christian Vieri

yeah we'll claim him. like mel gibson, russell crowe, etc. not rolf harris though.

😂
  • AuKepone
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Theres even 2 Welsh Icons, ouch.
  • Markman007
    3570 posts National Call-Up
    Why is this ?

Name some Gernan Icons.

Most of those guys have been in PES the last couple of years. I wonder if they have an exclusive on them.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3037 posts National Call-Up

Mark Viduka
  • Foxsake
    2680 posts Fans' Favourite
    We need a Hermann Göring or a
    Jochen Peiper sbc
  • Swanz05

Mark Viduka

yes mark shwartzer, craig johnstone, harry kewell, mark bosnich, tim cahill, matthew ryan but none of them really up to icon status. besides, australian market not big enough for ea to give us one.
  • Swanz05
    Foxsake wrote: »
    We need a Hermann Göring or a
    Jochen Peiper sbc

peiper? helluva guy!
  • RexAnglo1066
    edited February 1
    PaulJamesK wrote: »
    You'll never see Oliver Khan in an EA game as he entered some legal battle with them over them using his image etc without his permission in the early 00s

He's in PES, as i have him in MyClub.

The others, especially Beckenbauer, must be down to licensing.