Patch has killed my enjoyment.

BondJame5Collins
2716 posts Fans' Favourite
Anyone else? I can't seem to do anything i used to, my players just aren't responding. I can't put together any combinations, it's so frustrating to play. I don't understand the defending anymore, it's like there is a forcefield around my opponents in some games.

The worst part is, something is back and more prominent in the game again. Its always been there, but in 19 and 20, it hasn't been as bad as previous years. But since the patch, when i come up against these weak teams, one with a few silvers or cheap gold teams, people doing objectives, i get hammered.

Hopefully the WL gameplay is different, but Rivals for me is unplayable at the moment.

Comments

• TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    so you're saying that you actually enjoyed this game at all before the patch???
  • BondJame5Collins
    TDOF wrote: »
    so you're saying that you actually enjoyed this game at all before the patch???

It was frustrating, but at least i could play my game and score good goals. I can't string any moves together anymore, something is just off after the patch. I've seen some people say the patch has been better for dribbling and small agile players but i enjoyed Messi and Scream Aguero a lot more before the patch. They can barely control the ball now.
  • BondJame5Collins
    Just looked, my skill rating has gone from 2000 odd to 901 since the patch.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional
    My VVD seems to miss so many tackles these days, he used to be a beast, now he misses the ball, can’t control and the amount of times he jump between the player and the ball missing both is ridiculous!
  • Nervous_Nick
    7219 posts League Winner
    edited January 2020
    Torn4do wrote: »
    My VVD seems to miss so many tackles these days, he used to be a beast, now he misses the ball, can’t control and the amount of times he jump between the player and the ball missing both is ridiculous!

Exactly the same for me!! Suddenly i can’t defend....i used to win the ball back by jockeying with VVD, but now he totally misses it, and my opponent’s attacker runs away with the ball. Same with tackling.
    It’s really hard to stop players like potm yedder now...
    Post edited by Nervous_Nick on
  • Locopwnify
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah something feels off. Especially the last pass to get past defenders is nerfed so extremely hard. I feel forced to learn stupid skillmoves now to get past. I never get the space I need with fakeshot or ballroll and even dragbacks anymore.

I actually had fun before the patch, yeah it had its issues but at least you could tiki taka and pass the ball
  • DIXON THFC
    3788 posts National Call-Up
    I agree, something just doesn't feel right.
  • Aqeel87
    3625 posts National Call-Up
    Something we can't talk about
  • Phone
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • Phodri
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played 3 games since patch, im done with this trash.
  • Delboy13710
    10246 posts Has That Special Something
    Same for me simple passes going opposite direction for some reason . 88 Rijkaard was a beast before the patch hes now moving like Luis Gustavo . Just have to adapt guys some people adapt quicker then others
  • deejay85
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The games never been great as EA don’t seem to care about anything other than FIFA points but this patch is definitely the worst. Good thing is it’s finally made me stop playing the game.
  • Phodri
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Same for me simple passes going opposite direction for some reason . 88 Rijkaard was a beast before the patch hes now moving like Luis Gustavo . Just have to adapt guys some people adapt quicker then others

Well thats the thing, i dont want to adapt to this patch.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional
    deejay85 wrote: »
    The games never been great as EA don’t seem to care about anything other than FIFA points but this patch is definitely the worst. Good thing is it’s finally made me stop playing the game.

I don’t mind adapting but what I do mind is the fact that when they make changes that completely affect players in game you end up with a team that used to be good, one that you spent time building only to find they are now terrible and need replacing.
  • liuus86
    1077 posts Professional
    Didn t notice much difference pre and post patch..
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow, Iv played ten weekend league games, they have ruined this game! Oh my god, it’s so bad,