The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    We need Ravell Morrison, oh wait....
  • WFCBagnall
    77231 posts Moderator
    We need a winger and a striker.

But Clarke has said we ain't signing no more players, despite him saying we need two more.

So no deadline day excitement for us :(
  • Lard_Lad
    12691 posts Has That Special Something
    What do all want tomorrow then (transfer window wise, not Brexit)?

Think Right-Back's the minimum for us, especially if Christie does go to Roma now Florenzi's gone to Valencia (still can't believe that's an actual sentence). Then if we can get someone like Jota who could play centrally or out wide as well then it's a bonus. Would like to see us loan a few of our kids out as well, specifically Cody Drameh.

Well we’re linked with Retsos and Zivkovic, and by the sounds of it both are pretty close, loans with options to buy in summer. Would be very happy with both.
  • Lard_Lad
    12691 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    What a singing, did not expect a signing like this at the start of jan.

Ok now send us Freeman.

Doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    Would have preferred Tammy but Timmy will do :lol:
  • NornIron
    13499 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 31
    Right tomorrow's D day, If we sell our best player for an Irish league record'' We've robbed the other team'' IF we somehow manage to keep hold ''' Haha money can't buy everything you'll never be a big team''.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6806 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 31
    Would have preferred Tammy but Timmy will do :lol:

Will he actually start for you? Saw Clarke-Harris was being linked away. Interested to see how he gets on to be honest considering he's not even that high up the pecking order in-terms our youth team Strikers given Stansfield's definitely jumped ahead of him and Taylor-Crossdale most likely is as well.
  • BristolMDF
    1010 posts Professional
    Can’t believe we’ve actually finally signed a proven championship striker on a permanent deal. Only taken about 5 years.
  • BristolMDF
    1010 posts Professional
    Anyone know anything about this dude?

• They Caged Non
    6032 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Yeah he was meant to be coming to us haha.
  • BristolMDF
    1010 posts Professional
    In for Ethan Ampadu as well apparently if Leipzig will release him. Could be a busy day.
  • AtomicOdin
    1151 posts Professional
    Well we have got rid of the only 2 players who can score goals. Vaughen who was our top scorer with 11 has gone on loan to Tranmere and Doyle who has 23 this season but non for us has gone to Swindon on a permenant. Both gone after ripping in to Bowyer in a team meeting the other day, over his dinosaur tactics and his anti attacking play style.

Replaced them so far with Novak from Scunny and a youngster we released 2 years ago who wasnt good enough and couldnt even get in the Harrogate team this season.

Cant remember the last time if ever we have had a good Jan window.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Just amazed it isn't a Friday night to be honest.
  • JamieC
    828 posts Semi-Pro

So that's happened.

Jake Chambers Shaw out for 2 months :bawling:

Another long injury :bawling:
  • wheelerdeeler
    I'm just amazed they managed to find a photo of him playing for us to be honest.
  • Farlz
    8776 posts League Winner
    He was rated as highly as Grealish back when both were in our academy. I think injuries ruined him but his career really didn't take off did it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    He was rated as highly as Grealish back when both were in our academy. I think injuries ruined him but his career really didn't take off did it.

Genuinely don't think I ever actually saw him play for us (live obviously).

To be honest I think the fact he didn't get a look in for us when we were 18th or whatever we were in our promotion season and were playing Rui Fonte on the wing says a lot for him.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Names I've seen linked with us so far today are Jota, Domingos Quina (presumably it'll be one or the other if we do sign one of them) and then Kristian Pedersen. If that was our window I'd be content, because Left-Back's the one area of the pitch where we don't have any proper depth.
  • Hicksy2011
    15673 posts World Class
    Christ
    We have Seddon as our LB I’d think Birmingham would want him back if they got rid of Pedersen
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 31
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Christ
    We have Seddon as our LB I’d think Birmingham would want him back if they got rid of Pedersen

Link I saw said we had to sell someone before bidding for him (or words to that effect), so it seems like a bit of a long shot. Only player I've seen being linked out the door is Christie to Roma, and if we did sell him I'd think Right-Back would be a higher priority. Unless we're happy with it being Odoi at Right-Back every week with Sessegnon covering.
  • iHilarious
    13217 posts Has That Special Something

Now that’s done we better do some business
  • NornIron
    13499 posts Has That Special Something
    iHilarious wrote: »

Now that’s done we better do some business

RIP.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Anyone watching SSN? Has Jim White had a mental breakdown trying to make this Deadline Day seem interesting yet?
  • iHilarious
    13217 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks like we’re playing the rest of the season with one RB and one LB (9 games in February)

This could be all sorts of disastrous
  • wheelerdeeler
    Just seen that Tom Lawrence is the most booked player in the league this season. Genuinely baffles me how he's managed to do that.
  • Retro1989
    4957 posts National Call-Up
    Rather meh Jan transfer window for us.

In:
    Da Costa
    Diakhaby
    Bong
    Walker (recalled)

Considering the owner wants promotion this seems a bit poor.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Seems like we could be done without a signing tonight. Bit surprised given we made the Bobby Reid deal permanent presumably in part to free up a loan spot.

Still can't complain though. Cavaleiro and Reid made permanent and Kongolo, Hector (technically) and Archer in is still a decent window (and we kept everyone). Can't say our squad isn't good enough if we don't go up this season let's put it that way. Especially when we get Mitrovic and Knockaert back in the next week or two.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    Just seen that Tom Lawrence is the most booked player in the league this season. Genuinely baffles me how he's managed to do that.
    Rumour has it he has pretty bad decision making skills.
  • BristolMDF
    1010 posts Professional
    Pretty pleased with our window.

Nakhi Wells is the signing we’ve wanted for years and really glad that’s a permanent move.

Henriksen looks to have been a decent player at Hull before he got frozen out for wanting away. Loan but imagine we’d be first in to sign him if it goes well.

Benkovic is exciting, Celtic fans raving about him saying he’s the best defender they’ve seen bar Van Dijk and Leicester paid big money for him. Loan with no chance to buy but should be a decent signing.