The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6816 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    I'd just like one season up there for a laugh. Would happily bin off the millions you get for being there, as well as the parachute payments.

To be fair, explaining Millwall to viewers from overseas would be hilarious. That'd be worth a watch every week.

I mean, they do have a song that sort of nicely sums it up.
  • Hicksy2011
    15849 posts World Class
    Found out today that the 5th Round games are midweek. Happy we got City now.

Yup and they include Thursday fixtures
    So we might have Tues-Sat-Thurs-Sun-Tues
    Not going to be ideal
  • ryan217
    2910 posts Fans' Favourite
    So apparently the "racist" chanting Reading reported our fans for were anti English songs (despite the fact that they were singing anti Welsh songs today), what a sad, pathetic club :joy:
  • GoodnightIrene
    3834 posts National Call-Up
    Hey, I just want to say that you are all brilliant people, and keep fighting the good fight!

Love you all <3
  • Handy Andy
    5849 posts Big Money Move
    Wasn’t there @ryan217 , part timer me

I knew in advance that Aluko would be starting which significantly reduced my motivation to go
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 26
    Handy Andy wrote: »

I knew in advance that Aluko would be starting which significantly reduced my motivation to go

Are you, or are you not in fact unbeaten when Aluko's been in the team for you this season? Exactly. 7m well spent.
  • Handy Andy
    5849 posts Big Money Move

Are you, or are you not in fact unbeaten when Aluko's been in the team for you this season? Exactly. 7m well spent.

I just don’t know if I can take it if he gets back into our champ squads, honestly getting rid of him, Bacuna and Ilori in one window made me so ecstatic
  • wheelerdeeler

I just don’t know if I can take it if he gets back into our champ squads, honestly getting rid of him, Bacuna and Ilori in one window made me so ecstatic

I was about to say I'd have him back at the moment considering we ended up with Joe Bryan playing Right-Wing for the last 10-15 minutes against Charlton because we've got so many Forwards injured. But then I thought about it for a bit, and I probably wouldn't.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    ryan217 wrote: »
    So apparently the "racist" chanting Reading reported our fans for were anti English songs (despite the fact that they were singing anti Welsh songs today), what a sad, pathetic club :joy:

Coming over here, taking our abuse.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think we’re playing Joe Bryan on the wing again looking at the team for today. Got 6 Defenders on the pitch, so it’s pretty clear what our priority is going to be.

One side story is Mawson’s not been in the squad for the Charlton game and today. Could be something to watch over the next week because we’re still getting linked with Centre-Backs even after we’ve signed Hector and Kongolo.
  • wheelerdeeler
    This is going to be fun.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 26
    They're bringing on Sterling. I mean, seriously?
  • wheelerdeeler
    Actually reasonably content with that overall. Was expecting it to be 8 or 9 when Ream got sent off after 5 minutes. Bar the minute that Jesus scored twice I thought we defended quite well.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 26
    Great weekend for Cup upsets. Only one that could even be considered one is West Brom, but even then West Ham are a shambles.

Maybe all hope is not lost.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • Hicksy2011
    15849 posts World Class
    Erm excuse me we smacked 4 past a team from the league above
    Although Barnsley are genuinely shambolic, the amount of times they gave us the ball within 30 yards of their goal was frightening
    It could/should have been 6/7
    Also here come the Shrews
  • Lard_Lad
    12691 posts Has That Special Something
    Here’s your cupset
  • james2060
    2934 posts Fans' Favourite
    Go on Cumdog. Ridiculous that you can have VAR at some games and not all, robbed Shrewsbury of a penalty.
  • wheelerdeeler
    First pen was outside the box to be fair. So in that sense you could say it's all the old fashioned "balances itself out" cliche.
  • iHilarious
    13217 posts Has That Special Something
    Great weekend for Cup upsets. Only one that could even be considered one is West Brom, but even then West Ham are a shambles.

We’re taking the Magpies back to the KasStad mate
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 27
    iHilarious wrote: »

We’re taking the Magpies back to the KasStad mate

They've started a Striker they spent 40m on who without exaggeration probably wouldn't even start for you.
  • Lard_Lad
    So lots of rumours we are after Sander Berge and he is interested in joining. Would be a decent signing that. Would easily break our record fee.
  • wheelerdeeler
    So if we somehow beat City we would've had a midweek away to Sheffield Wednesday. Yep, definitely happy we don't have that one on the calendar.
  • Hicksy2011
    15849 posts World Class
    Potentially home to Arsenal in the next round
    Go on then
    Reckon we could beat them too, get Fratton rocking and play a bunch of big lads get right in their faces
  • They Caged Non
    6043 posts Big Money Move
    Who’s your best players on Fifa this year?

IF Lautaro 153 games, 108 goals, 88 assists

Insigne 43 games, 36 goals, 23 assists

Muriel 92 games, 66 goals, 68 assists (that assist stat has blown my head off)

Base Crespo 68 games, 52 goals, 31 assists

Base Hagi 32 games, 26 goals, 11 assists

Hagi genuinely feels like cheating when you use him.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 27
    I've changed my team loads so I don't have any "amazing" stats on anyone at the moment seeing as I've only got one or two weeks with the majority of it. Was probably Neymar until I sold him a week ago to get Headliners Lewandowski to pair with my Battle Pass Perisic.

Underrated card for me was using Base Vieri for 2 or 3 weeks. Think he was averaging 2 goals a game in Weekend League for me, but then I did Futmas Cavani to link Neymar.
  • NornIron
    13552 posts Has That Special Something
    David Parkhouse Sheff utd to Stevenage on loan will be good to see how he does. Was good at Derry but I watched him for N.I u21 and wasn't impressed.
  • Lard_Lad
    NornIron wrote: »
    David Parkhouse Sheff utd to Stevenage on loan will be good to see how he does. Was good at Derry but I watched him for N.I u21 and wasn't impressed.

Not sure what’s going on with him. Apparently wanted to leave and join Celtic so wasn’t signing new contract, but now he’s going out on loan so maybe he’s had a change of heart.
  • Lard_Lad
    We never have transfer drama but this Sander Berge one has been great. Linked heavily with him and play apparently wanting to join, suddenly he’s been ‘spotted’ at Man Utd training ground for a medical. Two mins later it’s not actually him but a 15 year old academy kid.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Supposedly Florenzi's going to Valencia and his replacement is going to be... Cyrus Christie. Yep.
  • Hicksy2011
    15849 posts World Class
    Huge week in the league for us starting tonight
    Got to get right in the autos mix before we get drowned in cup games and other distractions