There's no replacing RTTF Mbabu

NinthFall
1764 posts Fans' Favourite
So I packed headliners Walker as an untradeable and was able to put him in my mixed league squad.

After about 50 games, I went back to RTTF Mbabu and he's just miles better. Good thing is both cards can still get upgraded, but I doubt Walker will reach similar level.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• tommyboyo
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    NinthFall wrote: »
    So I packed headliners Walker as an untradeable and was able to put him in my mixed league squad.

After about 50 games, I went back to RTTF Mbabu and he's just miles better. Good thing is both cards can still get upgraded, but I doubt Walker will reach similar level.

Interesting.

I have found HL Walker to be the best RB card I have used and has basically sorted me out for the remainder of the game.

Mbabu must me amazing!!

Never used him as he is now (had the loan card prior to the first upgrade and used a lot in friendlies).
  • d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RTTF Mbabu is like no RB i’ve seen before
  • NinthFall
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    NinthFall wrote: »

Interesting.

I have found HL Walker to be the best RB card I have used and has basically sorted me out for the remainder of the game.

Mbabu must me amazing!!

Never used him as he is now (had the loan card prior to the first upgrade and used a lot in friendlies).

Yes Walker is still very good, not a bad card by any means

• BadSeedsFC
    1353 posts Professional
    edited January 24
    Hes NIF was in my starter eleven since early game, and the RTTF edition was an obvious upgrade for me. I haven't feel tempted to change that card. It's so good. Special mention to IF Capa with an all Spanish team that I used as a B squad for a short period. But RTTF Mbabu is on another level.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3598 posts National Call-Up
    Bit disappointed I missed that SBC schar to link Mbabu. Picked up RTTF Sancho for 120k last week. Might try to hybrid them in
  • ItsWideRight
    985 posts Professional
    The card is great and he's also brilliant as third CB in a 3 back
  • NinthFall
    Bit disappointed I missed that SBC schar to link Mbabu. Picked up RTTF Sancho for 120k last week. Might try to hybrid them in

Go for an icon cb from swaps to link him
  • Finesse_4days
    10314 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 24
    I find normal Walker better than RTFF Mbabu never mind the headliner, he is so clunky and unresposnive on the ball and also his 77 defensive awareness feels about 70 he is so poor positionally, Walker with high defensive workrates always seems to be in the right place to defend. Hes not a bad card but RTFF Mbabu doesnt live up to the stats imo.
  • Fifababy
    1204 posts Professional
    Tried walker HL and he is awesome for me fast and passing spot on
  • Finesse_4days
    10314 posts Has That Special Something
    Different people have different opinions but no way is Mbabu miles better than headliner Walker, could argue he plays slightly better for you but miles better full stop is a stretch.
  • CaTriEm
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mbabu is fantastic. Took Zambrotta from Icon Swaps but if I could fit Mbabu into my main team I'd move the former to LB.
  • Destin8or
    1356 posts Professional
    My RTTF Mbabu has 14 goals with his 57 finishing 😅
  • Destin8or
    1356 posts Professional
    P. S. Please beat Malmo 👀
    What an insane card he will be at 86 rated.
  • Jdizzle
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    I played some guy who put him at cb, absolutely ridiculous. He's like the Micah Richards of the early fifas.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3598 posts National Call-Up
    Destin8or wrote: »
    P. S. Please beat Malmo 👀
    What an insane card he will be at 86 rated.

Forgot he was a live item. Bolasie, Kent, Corona, Gedson could all be brilliant with another upgrade as well
  • Bapinho
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mbaby is a beast. I took Zambrotta from iconswaps though since i really need icon links atm. Zambrotta is very very good too.
  • HullCity1904
    2446 posts Fans' Favourite
    i used 86 inform walker for 150games... then packed TOTY arnold... and arnold is way better.
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    Bumping this up. I packed TOTY Trent untradable, he’s being kept out of the team by Mbabu, the man is simply insane. Currently playing 532 with him as a CB, also played him RB, just a great card.
  • El_Burn
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mbabu for me was up there with the best CB's funnily enough that I've used all year. I only had the loan, gutted I didnt get him when I had the chance. I prefer my full backs a bit more agile but when i used him CB he was next level
  • DannySTFC
    El_Burn wrote: »
    Mbabu for me was up there with the best CB's funnily enough that I've used all year. I only had the loan, gutted I didnt get him when I had the chance. I prefer my full backs a bit more agile but when i used him CB he was next level

He’s RCB for me in the back 5. Few times this weekend players have got alongside him and tried to run in behind not realising its Mbabu rather then a centre back, catches them and pushes them off the ball, he’s quality.
  • YB_11_
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packed Walker hl also, but for me Mbabu is pure class.. Walker is so poor and sluggish
  • Miigue
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    That’s cute, Lala is the king
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Want a team with adama and mbabu down 1 side. Would be fun
  • DannySTFC
    Miigue wrote: »
    That’s cute, Lala is the king

Mbabu was free and is already better then Lala, another upgrade he’ll be a joke.
  • Al_HFX
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah, reminds me of futswap Danny da Costa from previous fut.