Mdewc
285 posts Sunday League Hero
Icon swap is full fail.

Too much time to get an icon...

Icon sbc’s were much better!

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    They just aren't worth the grind at all. I haven't bothered with them this year as I could trade my way to any of them players on offer in a fraction of the time it would take to grind the objectives.

If any of the top tier Icons become available I will maybe complete them but definitely hasn't been worth it so far.
  • pekkaa88
    6951 posts Big Money Move
    I still havent finished all the offline ones. I need another week or two
  • ||natch0||
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why would people grind for these icons if it is way quicker to grind the coins?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    ||natch0|| wrote: »

Exactly. Icon swaps are pointless so far.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1357 posts Professional
    edited January 24

Because you then grind the coins for a different icon? So you have hierro and mid dinho

I want the sbcs back though. Just saying the objectives are ok if you use them... But not as good as sbcs
  • Seandimes
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    They just aren't worth the grind at all. I haven't bothered with them this year as I could trade my way to any of them players on offer in a fraction of the time it would take to grind the objectives.

If any of the top tier Icons become available I will maybe complete them but definitely hasn't been worth it so far.

I think Swaps is more aimed towards players like me who dont trade or spend points, but just play the game.

For people who trade, the sbcs were definitely better
  • Bapinho
    2963 posts National Call-Up

Because you then grind the coins for a different icon? So you have hierro and mid dinho

I want the sbcs back though. Just saying the objectives are ok if you use them... But not as good as sbcs
    Tbh all the icons in this batch wont even make my squad. Only took zanetti for icon links but couldve just as well used my rttf mbabu.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Seandimes wrote: »

I think Swaps is more aimed towards players like me who dont trade or spend points, but just play the game.

They probably should have had both. All these Icons in swaps then the top tier Icons as SBCs. Keeps everyone happy.
  • D0lvl
    3476 posts National Call-Up
    I have no issues with the swaps. I just have an issue with EA dragging them out.

Ideally, I would prefer swaps and icon sbc's.
  • Forca-Barca
    3452 posts National Call-Up
    Just get rid of squad battles that’s torture
  • Ballist1x
    3900 posts National Call-Up
    The problem with swaps is that virtually all of the icons on offer are bad choices.

How many hours for 89 Dinho?!

At least with SBC you could get decent versions of the icons...
  • CustardHippo
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t think they’re worth it, you grind for tokens and in each set you have to redeem against a selection of icons. Some of these are very undesirable in comparison to others and for a lot of people none will interest them. That then means there are months of no interest in that set or what’s going on. At least with the SBCs it kept engagement constant.
  • xFATAL
    5181 posts Big Money Move
    still haven't completed one. I'd rather use my time trading and playing games with a good team than worry about Icon swaps for a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Pep G.
  • Queens11
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 24
    Should have just released a version of every icon in swaps from the start with x amount of tokens for each
    Obviously tokens would be released in batches still
    That way u can actually make a plan for your end team swaps was good idea but just very badly implemented
    by time we see 3rd batch and even if there is top tier icon available it will be at least may before u can even use him at the rate tokens are on offer
  • BlackFridayRule
    1357 posts Professional
    Bapinho wrote: »

Tbh all the icons in this batch wont even make my squad. Only took zanetti for icon links but couldve just as well used my rttf mbabu.

Yeah.. If you only have 1 squad i agree. Non of the players offered is good enough at this point of the game.

I run 4 squads, so i can always find someone to put in a squad
  • Dolph
    1198 posts Professional
    Not too much ton for people with a life. I finished 2 of the first ones and I’m on pace to finish 4 of this one.
  • Boommaametw3
    3372 posts National Call-Up

I only do then the week before they expire. The versions they gave us has been poor but it's not too hard to get the tokens. They could have given us more middle and Prime icons.
    But Prime Essien,Prime Zanetti is decent
  • Bapinho
    2963 posts National Call-Up

Yeah.. If you only have 1 squad i agree. Non of the players offered is good enough at this point of the game.

4 squads??
  • Covkilla91mob
    2031 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 24
    I want both as icon swaps to easy and after getting the tokens there nothing to play for but daily or weekly objectives
  • BlackFridayRule
    1357 posts Professional

4 squads??

Yeah... 4...it gets boring playing just one... And you get so many special cards for free.. Wanna use some of em..

I have 1 90 rated squad, 2 88 and 1 86....
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

I only do then the week before they expire. The versions they gave us has been poor but it's not too hard to get the tokens. They could have given us more middle and Prime icons.

I get that the objectives aren't hard but personally they aren't worth my time for what's on offer.
  • Covkilla91mob

I get that the objectives aren't hard but personally they aren't worth my time for what's on offer.

What else is there to do besides trading I trade and go in few games get it done simple I think it's worth it if your not working like me or can just win each time as I did not struggle at all with my teams as the boost unreal 😂😂😂
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

What else is there to do besides trading I trade and go in few games get it done simple I think it's worth it if your not working like me or can just win each time as I did not struggle at all with my teams as the boost unreal 😂😂😂

I have plenty of things to do with my time instead of doing objectives for Icons I don't even want. Like I said it's not worth it for me personally.
  • Covkilla91mob

I have plenty of things to do with my time instead of doing objectives for Icons I don't even want. Like I said it's not worth it for me personally.

Fair I just do them as I like some of them like Butra is very good for me and Koeman I was going to buy but he got swaps so I'm happy ,Would like a way to upgrade the swaps tho in a sbc or something as they will be hard to use round tots
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

Fair I just do them as I like some of them like Butra is very good for me and Koeman I was going to buy but he got swaps so I'm happy ,Would like a way to upgrade the swaps tho in a sbc or something as they will be hard to use round tots

Any of the Icons on offer I could just trade my way to them in less than half the time that's why I feel it's not worth it. If they release top tier Icons into swaps in the next batch then I will do the objectives.
  • Suarez8
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Agree with almost everything said here..
    To long, mediocre Icons etc etc.

But to be honest, I quite enjoy the grind.
    As a Chelsea fan I got some decent choices (Drogba and Essien).
    I do Icon swaps because around November I am done with all the trading (which I do alot in the beginning) and this gives me a new thing to do in FUT. And I get to play with my idols!
  • Mdewc
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 25
    Seandimes wrote: »

They probably should have had both. All these Icons in swaps then the top tier Icons as SBCs. Keeps everyone happy.

Here is the truth. We need both of them.

But now:

No icon sbc = ❤️❤️❤️❤️ yourself and buy point

Icon swap = pointless play on sb and riv with full bad players

Thanks the nothing.
  • pekkaa88 wrote: »
    I still havent finished all the offline ones. I need another week or two
    I won every match just skip so you get trash squads to play