• Covkilla91mob
    2031 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like this update tbh feels best one yet imo
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    The rumble on the 5 sec countdown......gone
  • Wi1son73
    3202 posts National Call-Up
    From my games yesterday it seemed like my opponent has one tactic, run run run tackle, ball sticks to attacker, run run another tackle, ball continues to stick to attacker shoot save rebound goal.

Players like rashford Luca Vardi which I seemed to contain fairly easy before the patch was running straight through my defence...
    It took for ever to highlight the player I wanted. My defence which has been pretty rock parted like the Red Sea...
  • Mdewc
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    we got the hidden patch in squad update

Killed the pass

Full ai controll

The end for the new patch
  • BSDShoes
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    And this might be the last gameplay patch of the year.
  • Mdewc
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    if there is no delay and ai compensation then the game can be played, if delayed and ai comes then the whole thing is over
  • YMNn
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA has more secret ❤️❤️❤️❤️ going on than the CIA. FFS show us the real latencies and show us what you are doing with patches. I can not comprehend what is the reason that they put forward for not showing latencies.
  • Pooter
    No time to take freekicks, I can barely get the reticle on the spot I need to have it on

Two penalties out of two saved. I swear they’ve put the thing they took out last time, back in. Disgraceful
  • YMNn
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pooter wrote: »
    No time to take freekicks, I can barely get the reticle on the spot I need to have it on

Two penalties out of two saved. I swear they’ve put the thing they took out last time, back in. Disgraceful

After they boosted the shooting, freekicks were incredibly easy to score from. So I'm guessing today's update they patched that up, I had the same trouble with holding the marker at the correct spot, or holding it steady.
  • stevotrueblue
    1126 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is the worst patch they have done in ages. Game is an absolute mess. Every goal chance just comes from broken down play,, tackling is mince,, but thats probably why the passing and control is so bad so you dont have to worry,, you will get the ball back soon enough when some crap happens to your opponents play.

Why is it takes forever for players to set themselves,, even when a ball comes to them from a 5 yard ground pass they somehow cant just take it,, half the time the ball bobbles up off their foot into the air (even when using L2 to receive it),, giving your opponents time to recover and read your intentions,,, quick 1 2s almost impossible most of the time.

Almost every time you lose the ball in your opponents end its a full on counter attack,, usually with the ball being lumped forward or that one down the wing that renders full backs pointless.

In all honesty,, I have played since the very first ever fifa and I cant get my head around just how bad its getting,, If they even used the gameplay from 10yrs ago and just updated all the graphics etc,, it would still be miles ahead of what we have now.
  • tommyboyo
    2774 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the worst patch they have done in ages. Game is an absolute mess. Every goal chance just comes from broken down play,, tackling is mince,, but thats probably why the passing and control is so bad so you dont have to worry,, you will get the ball back soon enough when some crap happens to your opponents play.

Why is it takes forever for players to set themselves,, even when a ball comes to them from a 5 yard ground pass they somehow cant just take it,, half the time the ball bobbles up off their foot into the air (even when using L2 to receive it),, giving your opponents time to recover and read your intentions,,, quick 1 2s almost impossible most of the time.

Almost every time you lose the ball in your opponents end its a full on counter attack,, usually with the ball being lumped forward or that one down the wing that renders full backs pointless.

In all honesty,, I have played since the very first ever fifa and I cant get my head around just how bad its getting,, If they even used the gameplay from 10yrs ago and just updated all the graphics etc,, it would still be miles ahead of what we have now.

That is absolute BS, but ok...
  • Pooter
    WC in SB is so impossibly hard, its like they want people give up on this game
  • Pooter
    I mean I just knock into a player.... freekick given
  • Pooter
    The game is a joke now
  • Pooter
    edited January 24
    I don’t normally get beaten by this margin, but I lost 59-0 because they cranked up the difficulty in SB for no reason at all
    Post edited by Pooter on
  • pekkaa88 wrote: »
    You can improve dribbling all you want, but it wont make any difference when every game is played on awful delay.. Makes the game even more unfair if the delay is one sided..

I agree totally
  • Ballist1x wrote: »
    Can they not make it so my.players release a pass when I press pass and not take an extra 2 touches?

So true
  • Pooter wrote: »
    I don’t normally get beaten by this margin, but I lost 59-0 because they cranked up the difficulty in SB for no reason at all

I experienced the exact same thing
  • Pooter
    Now I can’t win at all in SB. EA need a rethink how this game is going
  • BSDShoes
    3206 posts National Call-Up

what difficulty?
  • stevotrueblue
    1126 posts Play-Off Hero
    tommyboyo wrote: »

How long have you played fifa if you dont mind me asking?
    Im not talking about bk when u could run away from the ref to avoid a card etc.
    But back in 2010 and fifa world cup south africa fifa was actually pretty dan good.
    The days when there was nothing in the game that we get banned for even mentioning nowadays ,, back then you could size up your op within a few mins,, you knew if you were the better player you would most likely win the game. These days anything can and usually does happen. I can remember being on a 4month falkands detachment and taking that world cup game down with me. After work me and the lads would play a few games in the evening,,, the lads who had never really played before were naturally terrible at first,, and the rest of us would go fairly easy on them and such. Just to compare,, last year in the crewroom at work i watched someone who had never played a game in his life keep a respectable scoreline against someone who does play. Just observing, you could actually see just how much the ai stepped in to help him out and how much random bs there was intervening. Had it been like before he would have been down by double figures by half time.

The game may have been a lot simpler back then,, and it wasnt perfect,,,but perhaps thats half the trouble,, the more features and skill move and button combos EA try to introduce, the more they balls it up.

Fifa started going down hill imo after ultimate team came along. It became less about a football game and more about selling fifa points and keeping the kids who are their biggest fp buying customers happy and hooked. A smaller skill gap helps that and as such this is why the game is the way it is and nothing will likely ever change unless something major happens.
  • yosef167
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    as far as the game continue favour bad interner over better internet.. game continue unresponsive . slow with much delay all of your update wont help.
    delay decides the winner nit the skills.
  • Pooter
    BSDShoes wrote: »

what difficulty?

Ultimate
  • Pooter
    Restarted FIFA 20 and the rumble for the 5 sec countdown has come back
  • Pooter
    The game is unplayable at the moment in squad battles
  • mair9485
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 25
    tommyboyo wrote: »

How long have you played fifa if you dont mind me asking?
    Im not talking about bk when u could run away from the ref to avoid a card etc.
    But back in 2010 and fifa world cup south africa fifa was actually pretty dan good.
    The days when there was nothing in the game that we get banned for even mentioning nowadays ,, back then you could size up your op within a few mins,, you knew if you were the better player you would most likely win the game. These days anything can and usually does happen. I can remember being on a 4month falkands detachment and taking that world cup game down with me. After work me and the lads would play a few games in the evening,,, the lads who had never really played before were naturally terrible at first,, and the rest of us would go fairly easy on them and such. Just to compare,, last year in the crewroom at work i watched someone who had never played a game in his life keep a respectable scoreline against someone who does play. Just observing, you could actually see just how much the ai stepped in to help him out and how much random bs there was intervening. Had it been like before he would have been down by double figures by half time.

The game may have been a lot simpler back then,, and it wasnt perfect,,,but perhaps thats half the trouble,, the more features and skill move and button combos EA try to introduce, the more they balls it up.

Fifa started going down hill imo after ultimate team came along. It became less about a football game and more about selling fifa points and keeping the kids who are their biggest fp buying customers happy and hooked. A smaller skill gap helps that and as such this is why the game is the way it is and nothing will likely ever change unless something major happens.

Matelots or Crabs going easy on each other? No chance! But fully agree with you.
  • Tasch wrote: »
    So nothing about the broken mechanics like the dragback? Nothing about improved standing tackle that actually wins the ball back as promised at the release trailer? Every tackle bounce back like in 19!

WTF are they thinking?
    That standing tackle feature was actually a fekking salespitch! Lying to your customers is never a good idea, EA... Unless servers, button delay and that horrible game engine they use is taken care of, no patch is going to fix the game. We know it, EA knows it. I wonder what they’re chucking at us during the 21 promotion. Just remember, EA will say anything to sell, and once they got your money they will turn their backs to you.

Totally agree with you. All the patches is reverting fifa 20 to fifa 19. Park the bus, long range goals and AI tackling. What they advertise is all fake. Never gonna buy fifa 21 again