The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Chemistry needs a completely new overhaul

CK4795
278 posts Sunday League Hero
2 random players from the same league have a link but for instance an Iniesta has a red link to Messi.
It does not make any sense to me. They kept this system since the introduction of Fut and i honestly think they need to bring something fresh into the mode next Fifa in terms of chemistry.
Maybe take off chemistry as a whole and give the Managers a few more functions so that your team has a high chemistry instead of just linking players in the same league/same nation with eachother.

I dont know... just a random thought

Comments

• liamano123
    354 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 21
    It should be earnt via games played one chem for each time you play them.
  • CK4795
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    liamano123 wrote: »
    It should be earnt via games played one chem for each time you play them.

But that would mean that you would need a certain amount of matches played until you have 100 chem.
    Considering the patience most of us have particularly in weekend league i honestly think we need something else
  • madwullie
    6429 posts Big Money Move
    There needs to (imo) be some kind of restriction to squad building whereby you can't just chuck 11 players together. The people who blindly follow YouTube knob ends would just buy whichever 11 players they were told to, and teams would be even more limited than they are just now.

But I do agree they need to come up with something different. And while they're at it stop people playing (eg) cr7 at cm just to get full chem then switching in game to his proper position. Even just the often suggested idea that players should have specific positions they play and outwith those positions the don't get the boost (I would prefer get a penalty but I reckon that's unlikely). From what I read a few years ago this would require a complete rebuild of the game and is unlikely till they move to a new engine and have to do a huge rewrite anyway.
  • Lfc23
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would like to see previous club part of the chemistry system would be good with flashbacks and certain players who I like but can’t fit into my team
  • Eroberto
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    If there was no chemistry then there would be too many cards that don’t ever gets used and it would drive up the cost of the cards that are most popular and inflate their values more than they already are. . I hate how they do chemistry but it benefits us in the long run.
  • TDOF
    2043 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chem in general is just outdated....... the name of the game mode is "ultimate team"..... when you can't even make your ultimate team cause you have to link players together.....

• Cmiz
    946 posts Professional
    I’ve Been saying the same thing for the last few years the hole of ultimate team needs changing updating
  • TheMightyBee
    2979 posts National Call-Up
    It’s pointless, everyone just changes formation and sticks players in random positions to change in game, why bother with chemistry.
  • TDOF
    2043 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cmiz wrote: »
    I’ve Been saying the same thing for the last few years the hole of ultimate team needs changing updating

the whole game just needs changing
  • Burning_Man
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    Would like to see previous club part of the chemistry system would be good with flashbacks and certain players who I like but can’t fit into my team

Yea I don’t think the whole game needs changing and if you do idk why your playing it but I definitely think things could be improved upon.

I was just thinking about this and I think past clubs should play part like you said why wouldn’t Iniesta and Messi link that would allow for more chem link ups and fun or if they added a +1 chem link say for players who play more than so many games with each other

But I do I agree we want an “ultimate” team but if it was just free chem then there would be no skill to making a team. I just think the chem should get a few more adds.

• Jonboyparker
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    I like chemistry restrictions personally. I treat it as a challenge in its own right and even playing people off chem is part and parcel of football in real life even though I do have a little chem ocd.

1 improvement I would suggest though, would be to make the Captain mean something. Give him icon links, then who ever you pick for that game/team will improve chemistry. You can now use who ever you want as the captain and he also helps the team.
  • TheTataGuy
    3028 posts National Call-Up
    Eroberto wrote: »
    If there was no chemistry then there would be too many cards that don’t ever gets used and it would drive up the cost of the cards that are most popular and inflate their values more than they already are. . I hate how they do chemistry but it benefits us in the long run.

BS, people are now only using meta cards anyway
  • TheTataGuy
    3028 posts National Call-Up
    I am also hoping for this for years, maybe not remove it completely, but make it less strict..
  • AdagioMalique
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This have been discussed every year...EA dont give a damn..
  • Chogau1
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    How can I guy from Cameroon and one from Uruguay, playing for rival teams in the same league have chemistry?
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 22
    If scrapping chem isn't an opinion, then I'd like a consumable that allows you to field any players you want and it be full chemistry.

They would, I guess, be in packs, and would have 1 or 3 match versions.

Price, no doubt, would be extortionate after a while.

But, at least it would allow some more variety in who you can play and, consequently, the teams you come up against.

Of course, we could just have a situation where your players gradually gain chemistry the more they play together, like a real team, allowing you to actually build a cohesive unit based on your play time and not their nationality or league status.
  • Ledesale
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    I really wish they would do something different with managers, maybe have the top tier managers give +2 chemistry or give a +1 to all players regardless of nation.
  • AliasMaurice
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chogau1 wrote: »
    How can I guy from Cameroon and one from Uruguay, playing for rival teams in the same league have chemistry?

Same league.
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    They should go to a system similar to Madden. Something like if you have Multiple players from the same Country, Team or league you get boosts to certain stats. The more you have for each category the better stat upgrades get. This would add alot of variety to teams IMO.
  • madwullie
    TheTataGuy wrote: »

Not everyone. I would argue it would be worse if there were no restrictions on chem.

You tubers would identify the best player for each position and the sheep would buy them. Ta least now there's some slight variation depending on whta league you want your strongest players from, at least up until everyone has access to icons.
  • Jonboyparker
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 22
    madwullie wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »

Not everyone. I would argue it would be worse if there were no restrictions on chem.

You tubers would identify the best player for each position and the sheep would buy them. Ta least now there's some slight variation depending on whta league you want your strongest players from, at least up until everyone has access to icons.

I agree. Not everyone including myself. I wouldnt worry about icons tbh. Only 1% will be able to afford the best ones and they will die in pro/elite teams when they quit anyway. I’ve given up on getting Gullit or Zidane. There will probably only be 2 on the market at one time.
  • I agree they should definitely tweek it, becoming increasingly boring seeing Mbappe starting in centre mid. Unfortunately there is no originality in this game anymore. Nearly every game you know you will face rashford, lenglet, mendy, ter stegen. David Silva one of the best midfielders there is but unfortunately unusable on Fifa as it's all pace,pace and pace. Fifa needs a good revamp that is for sure.
  • Gromit
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    Is there really any need moaning about chem when they've already made it ❤️❤️❤️❤️ easy to bypass it.

Personally I've always liked it, and the biggest sham has been bypassing it and not punishing low chem enough.

There's enough good cards out there to make dozens of great teams.
  • LoPo9
    1014 posts Professional
    1. There should be a loyalty bonus. If 10 matches played get you 1, then do something like 50 matches played get you 1 more, 100 another. They want us to play the game. This does that.

2. Managers should mean more. They are so important in real life. Maybe managers could vary in chemistry influence, ratings boosts, etc. Maybe Mourinho boosts all defense stats for example. Klopp boosts chemistry. Etc.

3. Switching a LM to RM or LB to RB shouldn't be so much of a drop. Or at least give guys who can play both sides in real life that ability in game.
  • Dave2829
    203 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree it needs sorting out especially when ur playing squad battles and ai team only has 65 or below chem yet finished game with 85+ passing yet your team with 100 chem is on exactly same
  • Slawter
    3895 posts National Call-Up
    It’s pointless, everyone just changes formation and sticks players in random positions to change in game, why bother with chemistry.

You're focusing on the wrong thing.
    The ability to change players positions and formations needs to be completely redone, not chemistry being removed.
  • LoPo9
    1014 posts Professional
    Slawter wrote: »

You're focusing on the wrong thing.
    The ability to change players positions and formations needs to be completely redone, not chemistry being removed.

To be fair, I think both need to be addressed. My ultimate team might not work in the current parameters. I would like to see chemistry bonuses awarded for logging so many matches with a certain player.
  • grimmdogg
    77 posts Park Captain

This. For instance, It makes no sense why David Villa doesn't get any chemistry with a non Spain Barca player.
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move

That’s where they have to have imagination and bring back bronze and silver tournaments.
  • madwullie
    grimmdogg wrote: »

This. For instance, It makes no sense why David Villa doesn't get any chemistry with a non Spain Barca player.

That's a licencing issue. He's no longer a barca player so he can't behave as such.