The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3773 posts National Call-Up
    “what a great result for Leeds, Fulham & Brentford”

I get we're not scoring for fun like Brentford, got a great squad like Fulham or have the 'big club' status of Leeds but ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me, you'd think we were 15th not 5th.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7056 posts Big Money Move
    And in theory you're the best placed to chase the top two down in the sense that if you win your game in hand you're 3rd.
  • They Caged Non
    6150 posts Big Money Move
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    He'd get quite abit of game time for us because we're abit light in midfield at the moment.

Guthrie cant start games because his legs are made out of glass, Sinclsir gets injured and disappears for weeks, Bates and Perry have only just turned 18 and we've turned Rory Holden into a midfielder from a winger :D

Also, Emmanuel Ledesma got released from FC Cincinnati. Man if he come back here :joy:

He was decent for us him, had talent
  • They Caged Non
    Best league in world Football/thread
  • Farlz
    8874 posts League Winner
    the Forest boys are going up I told you @Dizzy Bala
  • wheelerdeeler
    He's gone downhill very quickly. I remember they were only 3 or 4 points off the Play-Offs when we beat his Cardiff at the back end of our second season down. From memory we scored a last minute winner to basically keep us up and then everyone went on holiday after that game and we lost 5 or 6-0 to Brighton the game after.
  • Lard_Lad
    12713 posts Has That Special Something
    strings79 wrote: »
    @Lard_Lad stearman MOM on his debut he was quality :)

Good to here! Was always a great pro.
  • Lard_Lad
    Never thought I’d see the day Billy Sharp would walk out as captain against the current premier league champions.
  • Hicksy2011
    16374 posts World Class
    Well even if the league season is threatening to be quite underwhelming this season, the cup sub plot is certainly exciting
    League cup got to the 3rd round for a derby
    EFL Trophy in to the semis and the only league one team left
    4th round of the FA Cup and home to Barnsley is hopefully winnable
    Beat Barnsley on Saturday and we are guaranteed to reach 60 competitive fixtures this season with the play offs starting to look likely too :flushed:
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    EFL Trophy

competitive

Make your mind up
  • Hicksy2011
    16374 posts World Class
    mott1993 wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    EFL Trophy

competitive

Make your mind up

That’s a fair point
    Ok 54 competitive fixtures and some u23 fixtures
  • james2060
    2949 posts Fans' Favourite
    james2060 wrote: »
    1 goal in 6 and 1 win in 8 in the league, beautiful.The treatment Toney gets from ref's is appalling, constantly fouled but nothing ever given.

Follow up with a 4-0 win against second. Lovely.
  • ryan217
    2918 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's gone downhill very quickly. I remember they were only 3 or 4 points off the Play-Offs when we beat his Cardiff at the back end of our second season down. From memory we scored a last minute winner to basically keep us up and then everyone went on holiday after that game and we lost 5 or 6-0 to Brighton the game after.

That was more down to the quality of the squad we had rather than his ability as a football manager though. Don't get me wrong he did a great job off the pitch of stabilising the club after the disaster that was Solskjaer but anyone could have gotten decent results with the team we had at the time.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Are Wycombe actually any good, or did they "just" have a really good start?
  • AaronMFC
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    End of our match today was crazy the ref couldnt have done a better job of completely losing control. Tavernier blatantly tripped no free kick falls into an elbow is flat out on the ground. He then allows play to continue the physios run on as there on the attack seeing he hasnt moved in about 30 seconds they put in the net just as the ref blows his whistle. Glad Tavernier is ok as Lee Camp looked the most concerned for him, he was screaming for play to stop.
  • NornIron
    13701 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 22
    What even is football I hate it.

Up 1-0 in the final the ref somehow finds 7 mins of added time they score on the 96th and 97th.
    Don't even think I can play FIFA anymore.

FFS wake up to the news one of the league's millionaires have made a bid for our best player.
    Money's ruining football.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • Ahmer50x
    22905 posts Club Captain
    Can someone tell me more about Jude Bellingham? I know he's a 16 year old midfielder but the transfer fees being tossed around for this kid are insane. Who does he play like? What do you think his ceiling is?
  • wheelerdeeler
    He had a bit of a scrap with Mitrovic when we played Birmingham away that got Mitrovic his 5th yellow to miss the QPR game, so he's obviously got some confidence.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit of a "Man Utd tax" if he did end up going for 30m though. If he's going to Burnley or Southampton or whatever it's probably 15-20.
  • james2060
    2949 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are Wycombe actually any good, or did they "just" have a really good start?

They do have a good team, but they're manager has got them playing a way that's been difficult to score against. High tempo, and quite a physical team but they can play good football. Most league one defenders can't play against Akinfenwa, play it up to him and he'll either turn or lay off for someone to shoot.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    End of our match today was crazy the ref couldnt have done a better job of completely losing control. Tavernier blatantly tripped no free kick falls into an elbow is flat out on the ground. He then allows play to continue the physios run on as there on the attack seeing he hasnt moved in about 30 seconds they put in the net just as the ref blows his whistle. Glad Tavernier is ok as Lee Camp looked the most concerned for him, he was screaming for play to stop.

The ref sounded a complete joke.. typical of this division.
  • Hicksy2011
    16374 posts World Class
    I’d also suggest Wycombe while having a decent side don’t have the nonsense quality to get them out of jail when they play badly
    Like with us we have someone as good as Pitman as our fourth striker, we only need a couple of chances each game
    And I wouldn’t say we necessarily have the best attack in the league
  • Lard_Lad
    @BristolMDF @mott1993

Josh Brownhill, talk to me? Been linked with him recently, any good?
  • GoodnightIrene
    3866 posts National Call-Up
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    @BristolMDF @mott1993

Not a City fan but from what I know about him and what my mates know about him it sounds like he should be worth closer to 15M not 7M. Whether that translates into being adapt to the Premier League I don't know. Good player whenever I've seen him though!
  • mott1993
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    @BristolMDF @mott1993

Really good player on his day. Unfortunately, like the rest of our midfielders not named Niclas Eliasson he's fallen off the pace recently. Think all of our fans have said JB would be the next to go and wouldn't look out of place in the Prem.
  • Lard_Lad
    mott1993 wrote: »
    @BristolMDF @mott1993

Really good player on his day. Unfortunately, like the rest of our midfielders not named Niclas Eliasson he's fallen off the pace recently. Think all of our fans have said JB would be the next to go and wouldn't look out of place in the Prem.

Sounds promising and sounds like a Wilder type signing. Let’s hope there’s some truth in the rumour. (There’s probably no truth to all this)
  • wheelerdeeler
    Can’t work out the formation for today. Could be Cairney on the right, could be a diamond who knows. Was hoping we’d go to a three and start Kongolo straight away to be honest.
  • WFCBagnall
    78124 posts Moderator
    Someone has said we're in talks with Lubala from Crawley. What a signing thatd be :joy:
  • Retro1989
    5099 posts Big Money Move
    Really is hard to support Forest at times.
  • Handy Andy
    5873 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Really is hard to support Forest at times.

identical to the last game lmao